Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by sdcindy:
My problem with Kap is that he seems to be regressing (and showing the career stats don't show that). In fact, he barely looks like the same guy as last year. He just appears to be indecisive. And we can't just blame the WR's. Wilson and Luck seem to be able to throw to no-name receivers when their top receivers are out with injuries (along with Brady, Brees, etc). The difference is that they throw their receivers open, something Kap doesn't seem to do. They also seem to be more comfortable going to their 2nd, 3rd, even 4th choice than Kap does. In fact I am now questioning whether Kap is the right quarterback to lead the 49ers. Sigh.
Kap is was RAW as hell coming out of college. He was considered a project. He wasn't supposed to be ready to play yet.
Kaps number have dived for several reasons and his targets are a HUGE reason why. Not the only one, but a very big one. Kap will be fine. Every single game he plays he's learning. Every mistake teaches a lesson. Most QBs don't hit the scene the way Kap did last year. He is capable of being that guy. Its in there. He just needs to figure out what to do when he's not getting a lot of help. Go look at Tom Brady's number this year.
People like to dismiss it, but don't think the receivers aren't a he part of the problem.
You can't "throw open" every receiver. You especially can't expect that from a guy this early in his career. All the great QBs in the NFL had really bad games early on.
I don't think we can have it both ways... when Kaep came in last year, he tore it up and everyone was on his nuts... this year, if the defense is even half good, we have no passing game at all. Something is obviously amiss, teams have been game planning for Kaep, and with Harbaugh saying they have to scale the playbook back, this is all very bad signs
I want to blame Roman 80%, because he sucks and everyone knows it
I want to blame Harbaugh 10% because Roman sucks and he should fix this
I want to blame Kaep 10% because in today's NFL---- 45 net yards????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? I DONT CARE WHO THE WR ARE!!! 45 YARDS SUX!!!
Oh, and this whole, we wait till the last second to snap so the defense declares itself b******t--- When the defense knows what you are gonna do, they game plan around it. This waiting game gives us no advantage whatsoever. It is actually so predictable that DEFENSES have the advantage
1) Am I the only one who remembers Jimmy Raye?
2) This isn't only Romans offense. Its Harbaughs as well.
3) Actually it was 91 yards. Not a lot better, but the total yards accounts for sacks. I also happen to care who the receivers are. Call me crazy.
1) When our offense looks like Jimmy Raye, we have a problem.
2) I also blame Harbaugh
3) We have had WR problems for years. This is definitely a roster problem--- Baalke!!! But modern NFL-- with all the rules, beg teams to pass more and take advantage of all the no-contact stuff. In today's NFL, if a QB can't cross 100 yards in a game, he is not doing his job. And when Kaep gets to the sidelines, he is not reading any film because he knows there is no need to. His one, his ONE option was double covered. Is Kaep not a modern day NFL QB? Does he not see that this offense blows? Does he not ask for more complex plays with more than one WR? Why Not??? If Kaep is not smart enough to go back to Roman and tell Roman to f**k WITH THIS STUPID s**t... I'm not sure he's made out for it. He's taking a losing effort and chalking it up to execution. b******t! He should be actively trying to help Roman change the playbook to something that works
I'm sure that any young QB worth his salt will be talking to the OC and getting plays scripted that work. Kaep should see that the current plays suck. Why is there no feedback on the sidelines? Why is there no discussion? You can't tell me that Kaep is young and will figure it out. The SUPER BOWL WINDOW IS NOW!
When your opponents--- LIKE Carlos Dansby---- tell the press that the Niners have a rink-dink high school offense, and everyone in the league knows how to defend it, then Kaep can't come back and tell the press that it was "Execution"
Its NOT EXECUTION! Its the plays!! I want Kaep to step up and take control of this offense and audible it to his strengths. He's the leader, isn't he?
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Nov 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM ]