There are 133 users in the forums

Solution to the WR problem

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Kaep is not a one read QB, our offense is a 1 WR open scheme.... we don't scheme to give Kaep 3 reads, we scheme to get one of either Vernon or Boldin open (depending on the pre snap read) and all other players are blocking or running decoy routes.

Please try and understand this - it's not the reads, it's the fact that we scheme to throw to one specific player and the rest of our WR and TE's are given assignments to facilitate that.

cool story bro

I remember that saying from a few years ago. Very 2011.
Originally posted by QBguru:
Kaep is not a one read QB, our offense is a 1 WR open scheme.... we don't scheme to give Kaep 3 reads, we scheme to get one of either Vernon or Boldin open (depending on the pre snap read) and all other players are blocking or running decoy routes.

Please try and understand this - it's not the reads, it's the fact that we scheme to throw to one specific player and the rest of our WR and TE's are given assignments to facilitate that.

cool story bro

Why is that. Must be because the QB cannot make the reads. We didn't run one read only options before Kaep.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
There's nothing legit or adult about your passive-aggressive, thinly veiled sniping. You know what you're doing and what you're trying to insinuate in your posts.

You'll note though that I have provided examples of Kap making multiple reads in my edited post... I'll leave it at that.

May be Buchy can help me understand this play here. So, if the scheme is to throw to just 1 WR, does that mean even when Patton was open as in this case for example Kap should still ignore him even when he was the easiest target ?

look at general patton open in the endzone against seattle i wish kap would have saw him he will be a play maker mark my words he will be a beast!
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Solution to WR since they chickened out and didn't get Josh Gordon is to get Moss back here

LOL Moss was garbage last season. Dont know why people continuously bring him up all season. He was garbage.

questionable effort a lot too i noticed. he also didnt catch 1 deep pass.
but he was still a threat to go deep he was double coverd alot
Originally posted by nc49erfan:
Solution to WR since they chickened out and didn't get Josh Gordon is to get Moss back here

LOL Moss was garbage last season. Dont know why people continuously bring him up all season. He was garbage.

even if he doesnt do s**t hes an upgrade over what we have now. we have no one who scares the defenses we play besides VD and hes hurt now
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

even if he doesnt do s**t hes an upgrade over what we have now. we have no one who scares the defenses we play besides VD and hes hurt now
excatly he was still scary for defeses there has to be some one on free agency who can strech the field and atleast catch have the passes
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

excatly he was still scary for defeses there has to be some one on free agency who can strech the field and atleast catch have the passes

Ummm, no he wasnt. No one was afraid of moss, and no he couldnt stretch the field either. Had Ham and KW not gotten hurt moss would have been buried on the depth chart behind both of them.
he did more then kyle did
Originally posted by QBguru:

cool story bro

This. If I remember this is what Harbaugh & Roman did at Stanford too. Power running while scheming to only get one guy open on certain plays. Hopefully by the time playoffs roll around the offense can get better & stay on the field more. Guess we will find out soon. Go 49ers!

Not much. Through the saints game, when KW was injured, Moss had 16 receptions on 25 targets 266 yards and 2 TD's. KW had 14 receptions on 22 targets 212 yards and 1 TD. KW also had three games without a single target, and Moss had one.

Again what was so special about this guy that makes you want to bring him back? He was garbage, and living purely off his name.

Not much. Through the saints game, when KW was injured, Moss had 16 receptions on 25 targets 266 yards and 2 TD's. KW had 14 receptions on 22 targets 212 yards and 1 TD. KW also had three games without a single target, and Moss had one.

Again what was so special about this guy that makes you want to bring him back? He was garbage, and living purely off his name.

I wouldn't go that far to call Moss garbage. The threat of the deep ball doesn't show up on those stats. During a handful of games last season, DB's played 10+ yards off Moss. That threat of being beat by the deep ball allowed Crab & Vernon to be way more open than if KW is on that side. It's the threat of the deep ball. Look at Ginn this weekend.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
1. Get a wheelbarrow...

2. Place Roman inside and dump him off on the highway with heavy traffic flowing real fast!

3. Call Shaw (damn good HEAD COACH) from Stanford to teach Harbaugh a thing or two.

4. Get Back up QBs A LOT more involved at practice to light a fire under Kap's sorry, slumping azz.

5. Fire WR coach and hire anyone from McDonalds, Salvation Army or even a homeless person off the street to do a better job!!!

Originally posted by HungryHunter:

I wouldn't go that far to call Moss garbage. The threat of the deep ball doesn't show up on those stats. During a handful of games last season, DB's played 10+ yards off Moss. That threat of being beat by the deep ball allowed Crab & Vernon to be way more open than if KW is on that side. It's the threat of the deep ball. Look at Ginn this weekend.

Oh you mean week one and two before everyone figured out he was old and slow?

LOL i seriously cant believe people even mention Moss. It is seriously laughable. The guy was indeed garbage. If he had anything to offer to anyone he would still be playing. The only reason he even got any receptions was because teams had to key on Crabtree and Vernon. Moss benefited from them, not the other way around.

LOL i seriously cant believe people even mention Moss. It is seriously laughable. The guy was indeed garbage. If he had anything to offer to anyone he would still be playing. The only reason he even got any receptions was because teams had to key on Crabtree and Vernon. Moss benefited from them, not the other way around.

Yeah, week one against the patriots. Listen, Moss has no relevance now. We have no speed at WR. Your answer is KW? The dude outran his blockers on the screen this weekend. Why is he even on this team?

Yeah, week one against the patriots. Listen, Moss has no relevance now. We have no speed at WR. Your answer is KW? The dude outran his blockers on the screen this weekend. Why is he even on this team?

My answer never was and never has been KW. I was addressing the poster that stated Moss was better than KW, when in fact they had nearly identical numbers through the week KW got injured.
Share 49ersWebzone