There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solution to the WR problem

Clearly this coaching staff is unable to develop young receivers and properly utilize veteran receivers (Moss, Ginn, Boldin, Baldwin). I saw it written earlier this year that Jerry Rice was willing to come work for the 49ers as a consultant. Just pay him what it takes to get him off tv and be the 49ers WR coach. I may be dreaming, but I think it would be a big improvement over the people we now have coaching the WRs.
[ Edited by trogdor on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:18 AM ]
Play McCoy.
The solution at least for now is to stop this one-read only business. Play more receivers, 3 or even 4 WR sets and I am sure someone will get open. Instruct Kap to stop keying in on 1 guy and tell all receivers to keep the play alive until the ball is out of Kap's hand.
The Solution is get a delaine walker clone and run last year's offense.

Kap....is no diffrent then any young QB.. he is going to need weapons and an offense that he is comfortable with.
Originally posted by Rascal:
The solution at least for now is to stop this one-read only business. Play more receivers, 3 or even 4 WR sets and I am sure someone will get open. Instruct Kap to stop keying in on 1 guy and tell all receivers to keep the play alive until the ball is out of Kap's hand.

Kaep is not a one read QB, our offense is a 1 WR open scheme.... we don't scheme to give Kaep 3 reads, we scheme to get one of either Vernon or Boldin open (depending on the pre snap read) and all other players are blocking or running decoy routes.

Please try and understand this - it's not the reads, it's the fact that we scheme to throw to one specific player and the rest of our WR and TE's are given assignments to facilitate that.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Kaep is not a one read QB, our offense is a 1 WR open scheme.... we don't scheme to give Kaep 3 reads, we scheme to get one of either Vernon or Boldin open (depending on the pre snap read) and all other players are blocking or running decoy routes.

Please try and understand this - it's not the reads, it's the fact that we scheme to throw to one specific player and the rest of our WR and TE's are given assignments to facilitate that.

cool story bro
Originally posted by drakan:

cool story bro

Cool story is overplayed. We do have designed plays like he is describing... most or all teams do.. but they are a small % of what is done in the pass game.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by drakan:

cool story bro

Cool story is overplayed. We do have designed plays like he is describing... most or all teams do.. but they are a small % of what is done in the pass game.

No it's practically everything we are doing at the moment. It may change with Crab back, but that's the heart of our offense. Feel free to try and assign it all on the WR's or QB but it won't change results when we go up against good teams. Go back and watch the Patriots and Bears games last season to see evidence Kaep is not a one read QB.
No it's practically everything we are doing at the moment. It may change with Crab back, but that's the heart of our offense. Feel free to try and assign it all on the WR's or QB but it won't change results when we go up against good teams. Go back and watch the Patriots and Bears games last season to see evidence Kaep is not a one read QB.

Feel free to go through the game and count the aforementioned pass plays that fit... I am sure I will. Let's compare notes.

Feel free to go through the game and count the aforementioned pass plays that fit... I am sure I will. Let's compare notes.

I'm actually interested in what you find. Also, it will put into perspective what you mean by small percentage from an earlier post.

Yawn.

When you go back to your bridge I bet you're torn between crawling back underneath it to hide or going to the top to jump and end it all....

And just for 2 mins on google:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000098147/Bears-vs-49ers-highlights

50secs - pass to VD, crab is first read on shallow cross.
2mins - crab TD - second or third read

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000112537/GameDay-49ers-vs-Patriots-highlights

Moss on first TD is 2nd read though him and Vernon run same Route
1:30 Crabs is 2nd or 3rd read
1:50 - Walker TD, Walker is 3rd read.
[ Edited by Buchy on Nov 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
Yawn.

When you go back to your bridge I bet you're torn between crawling back underneath it to hide or going to the top to jump and end it all....

There's no need for this. It turns a legit, adult conversation into childish mud-slinging. Be better than this.
Originally posted by Rascal:

I am only repeating what Karlos Dansby has said from Cards' own scouting report on Kap that's all. OK, let's say is the scheme, then don't just scheme on 1 WR. What is the advantage of only scheming to throw to just Anquan or Vernon ? The whole world knows exactly who we are throwing to, that is why it is so easy to shut down our passing game. We should spread the ball around more instead of wasting our secondary WRs just on blocking.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Yawn.

There's no need for this. It turns a legit, adult conversation into childish mud-slinging. Be better than this.

lol, children, children...grow up now or go to your room!!!

Anyway, we don't need Jerry Rice & we don't need extra help at the WR position. Boldin is a 10 year vet and knows what he's doing. Crabby Patty is coming back soon and Manningham is a stud (watch his SB catch again). We have stud receivers, we have a stud QB, O-line, RB, etc.

We just got our a$$es handed to us. We played the 2nd best defense in the league that looks strong, powerful & HUNGRY! Our team looked flat after the bye week and that is it! case closed, you may now close this thread! lol
Yawn.

There's nothing legit or adult about your passive-aggressive, thinly veiled sniping. You know what you're doing and what you're trying to insinuate in your posts.

You'll note though that I have provided examples of Kap making multiple reads in my edited post... I'll leave it at that.
[ Edited by Buchy on Nov 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM ]