There are 226 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

the problem is point number 2

"run game is fine"

romans says "eh, f**k it. IM a mad scientist, abandon the run game"
Originally posted by Rascal:
Is not about panic, is about the realization of reality that's all.

The 49ers is an OK team, although has zero passing game, they can run against average teams and win games.

But, once you want to talk about quality match-ups against good teams especially teams that are physical with a great D , the 49ers just don't stand a chance in its current guise.

If we are lucky, we may still have a chance in getting a wildcard spot at most. We will then go to Seattle and will get totally creamed by the Seahawks all over again for the third time in a row. That will be the end of our 2013 seeason folks, being positive that is.

Come the off season, the offense will need to be completely overhauled if we are to compete in any meaningful way again. Seattle is reaching its peak and will continue to dominate the NFC until their core unit reaches free agency and even then they will still be at the top.

we can run on any team. the coordinator decides not to against certain ones. gore was having a great game until they took the ball out of his hands. we could have rode him to victory if the coordinator would have wanted to actually win the game instead of try to outsmart people.

other than that you wrote a lot of defeatist type things that aren't real they're a perspective you have on the outlook of this team. we lost by 1 point and beat ourselves. if we were a bad team this would have gotten ugly. we were in every game and had a real chance to win can any other team say that about every game this season with our record?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

"run game is fine"

Yup.

1st half -- Gore 12 car, 61 yards

2nd half -- Gore 4 car, 21 yards

Gore was ready to ball today. Absolutely ridiculous he only got to tote the rock 16 times today, only 4 times in the 2nd half in a close ball-game. He was still effective in limited carries in the 2nd half.

Roman is beyond potato. We need a new word for him. Maybe eggplant. No offense to anyone who likes eggplant.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 10, 2013 at 10:30 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

"run game is fine"

Yup.

Gore was ready to ball today. Absolutely ridiculous he only got to tote the rock 16 times today, only 4 times in the 2nd half in a close ball-game. He was still effective in limited carries in the 2nd half.

Roman is beyond potato. We need a new word for him. Maybe eggplant. No offense to anyone who likes eggplant.

Pathetic. Especially in a low-scoring defense affair
Damn 4 carries! That is rediculous. Roman does the same damn thing everytime we lose: Gore gets double digit carries in the first half and tears Ds up. Second half: little to no carries and we lose.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
we can run on any team. the coordinator decides not to against certain ones. gore was having a great game until they took the ball out of his hands. we could have rode him to victory if the coordinator would have wanted to actually win the game instead of try to outsmart people.

other than that you wrote a lot of defeatist type things that aren't real they're a perspective you have on the outlook of this team. we lost by 1 point and beat ourselves. if we were a bad team this would have gotten ugly. we were in every game and had a real chance to win can any other team say that about every game this season with our record?

I think you are being emotional. I am just basically iterating the facts that's all. It isn't just my personal perspective per se, the record of 6-3 is nothing to brag about when you consider who our opponents were in both the win and loss columns. The only decent team we have beaten so far is the Packers. The rest are basically teams with a losing record apart from the Cards. The losses are all to great quality physical teams, Seahawks, Colts and Panthers.

Run game wise, going forward, we need to think about reloading ourselves with bigger physical power backs if we are to maintain a decent run game. Frank can't play forever, backs like Hunter and LMJ just aren't powerful, explosive nor particularly fast enough to get it done. Not sure about Lattimore yet, will have to see.
Depends on your definition of fine. I still think we grab one of the wild cards. But I'm not so sure we can make a deep playoff run with our weak passing attack.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Depends on your definition of fine. I still think we grab one of the wild cards. But I'm not so sure we can make a deep playoff run with our weak passing attack.

This.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

"run game is fine"

Yup.

I disagree that Roman abandoned the run. The passing game sucked and just refused to pick up first downs and sustain drives. How many times did Gore have a great run only to watch the passing game drop the ball and do nothing? They picked up 2 first downs through the air against Carolina... two... embarrassing. Add in the 2/13 on third downs...

Roman isn't a miracle worker man, if Kapernick can't execute even the most basic of passing plays... what do you want from Roman?
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I disagree that Roman abandoned the run. The passing game sucked and just refused to pick up first downs and sustain drives. How many times did Gore have a great run only to watch the passing game drop the ball and do nothing? They picked up 2 first downs through the air against Carolina... two... embarrassing. Add in the 2/13 on third downs...

Roman isn't a miracle worker man, if Kapernick can't execute even the most basic of passing plays... what do you want from Roman?

We did abandon the run. In the 2nd half we called 16 pass plays (including plays Kap scrambled, or resulted in a sack), compared to 5 runs.

16 passes to 5 runs.

With a struggling QB in a close ball game, this was the wrong approach.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm very skeptical with Kaep, roman and the whole offense in general. I know the d will be there but they can't stay on the field forever. I keep telling myself were not in full strength on offense but got damn this is horrible.

What you need to remember is, Colin Kaepernick just made his 19th career start. Hes still a baby. The fact that he came out of the gate on fire is distracting everyone from realize that hes still learning, and theres nothing wrong with that.

Its all a matter of perspective. If Alex Smith had been let go before the 2012 season, and Kap was given the job in week 1 of last season and progressed like a rookie starter, nobody would be upset right now. Its only because he looked like a top 5 QB with nerves of steel while leading us to a SB that he now looks terrible by comparison.

This time last year, nobody even knew Kap was anything special. He was just a wildcat/read option QB who we used in trick plays. We had no idea if he could even play QB in the NFL. He was almost a flyer.

He came in with SUCH a bang, and exceeded expectations SO greatly, that we all ended up assuming he skipped rookie mistakes and growing pains.

Now hes showing signs of being a young QB, and everyone is freaking out that hes not the immediate HOFer we thought. Just think of how good he COULD be, or WILL be in the future with more seasons under his belt. More throws, more reps with Harbaugh and his offense, seeing NFL defenses more, etc. Hes a smart guy. He scored a 37 on his Wonderlic. He isnt Michael Vick. He understands how to read defenses, dissect coverages, and learn an NFL offense. He just needs the reps, thats all.

The vast majority of young QB take way, WAY longer to reach this point than 19 starts. He faced arguably the best front 7 in the NFC this week, and his OL didnt protect him. Its being extremely harsh to blame him for not having a good game. Especially when he lost VD in the 2nd. VD makes our offense work. Hes a fantastic blocker, a legit deep threat, a nightmare matchup, and he spreads the coverage out.

Kap is going to be fine, just have some patience.
Originally posted by Niners99:
What you need to remember is, Colin Kaepernick just made his 19th career start. Hes still a baby. The fact that he came out of the gate on fire is distracting everyone from realize that hes still learning, and theres nothing wrong with that.

Its all a matter of perspective. If Alex Smith had been let go before the 2012 season, and Kap was given the job in week 1 of last season and progressed like a rookie starter, nobody would be upset right now. Its only because he looked like a top 5 QB with nerves of steel while leading us to a SB that he now looks terrible by comparison.

This time last year, nobody even knew Kap was anything special. He was just a wildcat/read option QB who we used in trick plays. We had no idea if he could even play QB in the NFL. He was almost a flyer.

He came in with SUCH a bang, and exceeded expectations SO greatly, that we all ended up assuming he skipped rookie mistakes and growing pains.

Now hes showing signs of being a young QB, and everyone is freaking out that hes not the immediate HOFer we thought. Just think of how good he COULD be, or WILL be in the future with more seasons under his belt. More throws, more reps with Harbaugh and his offense, seeing NFL defenses more, etc. Hes a smart guy. He scored a 37 on his Wonderlic. He isnt Michael Vick. He understands how to read defenses, dissect coverages, and learn an NFL offense. He just needs the reps, thats all.

The vast majority of young QB take way, WAY longer to reach this point than 19 starts. He faced arguably the best front 7 in the NFC this week, and his OL didnt protect him. Its being extremely harsh to blame him for not having a good game. Especially when he lost VD in the 2nd. VD makes our offense work. Hes a fantastic blocker, a legit deep threat, a nightmare matchup, and he spreads the coverage out.

Kap is going to be fine, just have some patience.

Great take bud. Refreshing to see this in the middle of all the doom and gloom.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

LOL......he did abandon the run, and he tried to get cute to boot. BRB, 2nd and 1....let's run the read option which has been incredibly ineffective thus far this season. Gore had 12 carries for 61 yards in the 1st half, 4 carries in the 2nd half? Seriously.
This is still a 12-4 (#5 seed) team IMHO, I think we still manage to beat Seattle (division games at the stick are always heavy), but drop one to either NO next week, or the Cards at their house.

Today I saw a team which came out, and buried itself under the pressure of keeping pace in hopes of winning the division. -Teams rarely keep streaks going to capture divisions (whilst being behind), the pressure can be a horrible distraction, and this is a team which FOLDS under distractions. This team does not DESERVE an easy path if it wishes to succeed. Our luck has run out, the injuries have finally come, now it's time to either take it in the ass, or win the whole f**king thing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We are not fine. Dead last in the league in passing with no let up in sight. We'll be lucky to secure one of the wildcard spots.