LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 49ers defense gave a LOT of points when they faced good QBs. See the games we lost early in the season. After those three games, all other QBs are avg at best. Regardless, our defense is not the problem for the most part.

We HAVE weapons on offense (excl Crabtree). We had Boldin, Davis and Gore. I mean, these are pretty good weapons to have. The offense was pathetic against Seattle and the Colts, and that's what really matters. Is this all Roman, all Kaep or a combination of both?
End of the day, expecting to hang with the Saints for the entire game based off of the 49ers defense in the last six games...is fools gold.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by BayArea:
No need to dismiss this 49ers team. Look at the last 3 superbowl champions. All three stood where the 9ers stand right now or close and got the title. We are primed to get hot at the right time. Look at how the clear cut favorites got sent home early in the playoffs and the underdogs fought their way to the trophy when it mattered. The Seahawks in Seattle are no joke but not unbeatable either. I actually prefer we slip in quietly under the radar with a wild card berth. Not that I am jumping that far ahead or anything..... Would love to see us duke it out road warrior status in the playoffs and wouldn't it make for one hell of a story book ending to meet the Seahawks in Seattle for an NFC title bout? Would be the ultimate opportunity for revenge.

Getting way ahead of myself but I like where we are at right now. Go 9ers.

All three made major changes in their approach to their offensive philosophy. They realized what they were doing wasn't working and changed course - especially Baltimore.

So you're saying we're gonna can Roman and re-hire Jimmy Raye for the OC job. I like it.
Originally posted by BayArea:
No need to dismiss this 49ers team. Look at the last 3 superbowl champions. All three stood where the 9ers stand right now or close and got the title. We are primed to get hot at the right time. Look at how the clear cut favorites got sent home early in the playoffs and the underdogs fought their way to the trophy when it mattered. The Seahawks in Seattle are no joke but not unbeatable either. I actually prefer we slip in quietly under the radar with a wild card berth. Not that I am jumping that far ahead or anything..... Would love to see us duke it out road warrior status in the playoffs and wouldn't it make for one hell of a story book ending to meet the Seahawks in Seattle for an NFC title bout? Would be the ultimate opportunity for revenge.

Getting way ahead of myself but I like where we are at right now. Go 9ers.

You like where we're at right now? How are we primed to get hot at the right time after a 45 yard game by our QB, a #1 receiver still recovering form a torn Achilles, a #1 tight end whose becoming increasingly concussion prone, multiple draft picks still inactive/IR not accumulating any game time experience, and an oline that has played together for years but it giving up major sacks in pass protection. And it sounds like you're hoping two draft picks, who've never had any sort of success in the NFL, enter the lineup and light it up.

A LOT of thing will have to go right for us to be a threat in the playoffs. For every team in this position that gets hot for a playoff right, there are 4-5 that fizzle out. And other than a humiliated Green Bay team who sold out to guarantee they wouldn't get gashed by the run game, our offense has been worked over by decent teams.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Nov 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Hey! Cap'n Obvious!
And the qualifications for moderator are what? Please don't report me again tough guy
Originally posted by 49ersking:
The 49ers defense gave a LOT of points when they faced good QBs. See the games we lost early in the season. After those three games, all other QBs are avg at best. Regardless, our defense is not the problem for the most part.

We HAVE weapons on offense (excl Crabtree). We had Boldin, Davis and Gore. I mean, these are pretty good weapons to have. The offense was pathetic against Seattle and the Colts, and that's what really matters. Is this all Roman, all Kaep or a combination of both?
End of the day, expecting to hang with the Saints for the entire game based off of the 49ers defense in the last six games...is fools gold.

49ers win next week. The 49ers D is more stack this year than last year. Its time to unleash Kaep again. The 49ers O-line will run-over the Saints D. They are not big at all. Dallas just sucks. Hopefully Vernon plays and Reid.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
bread and butter won't make the passing game better...it's a passing league....if there is no balance there is no shot at the SB ....quote me on this...they're doomed if they don't find passing offense

200 + rushing yards next week. I don't worry about this team when VD is playing.
Nothing to be worried about here, the offense is going to be just fine.

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Thank you for that newsflash...now consider the 49ers, in the course of one horrid afternoon at the Stick, have gone from "still a chance to catch Seattle" to a boot-stomping at the hands of New Orleans away from being on the outside looking in at that #6 seed.

someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think Niners own the 6th seed win or lose next week.
This is how I see it.

EVERYONE LOOKED FINE EXCEPT WIDE RECEIVERS AND COLIN KAEPERNICK

RECEIVERS ARE SLOW, AND KAEPERNICK IS TERRIBLE
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Is not about panic, is about the realization of reality that's all.

The 49ers is an OK team, although has zero passing game, they can run against average teams and win games.

But, once you want to talk about quality match-ups against good teams especially teams that are physical with a great D , the 49ers just don't stand a chance in its current guise.

If we are lucky, we may still have a chance in getting a wildcard spot at most. We will then go to Seattle and will get totally creamed by the Seahawks all over again for the third time in a row. That will be the end of our 2013 seeason folks, being positive that is.

Come the off season, the offense will need to be completely overhauled if we are to compete in any meaningful way again. Seattle is reaching its peak and will continue to dominate the NFC until their core unit reaches free agency and even then they will still be at the top.

the problem is point number 2

"run game is fine"

romans says "eh, f**k it. IM a mad scientist, abandon the run game"
Originally posted by Rascal:
Is not about panic, is about the realization of reality that's all.

The 49ers is an OK team, although has zero passing game, they can run against average teams and win games.

But, once you want to talk about quality match-ups against good teams especially teams that are physical with a great D , the 49ers just don't stand a chance in its current guise.

If we are lucky, we may still have a chance in getting a wildcard spot at most. We will then go to Seattle and will get totally creamed by the Seahawks all over again for the third time in a row. That will be the end of our 2013 seeason folks, being positive that is.

Come the off season, the offense will need to be completely overhauled if we are to compete in any meaningful way again. Seattle is reaching its peak and will continue to dominate the NFC until their core unit reaches free agency and even then they will still be at the top.

we can run on any team. the coordinator decides not to against certain ones. gore was having a great game until they took the ball out of his hands. we could have rode him to victory if the coordinator would have wanted to actually win the game instead of try to outsmart people.

other than that you wrote a lot of defeatist type things that aren't real they're a perspective you have on the outlook of this team. we lost by 1 point and beat ourselves. if we were a bad team this would have gotten ugly. we were in every game and had a real chance to win can any other team say that about every game this season with our record?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

"run game is fine"

Yup.

1st half -- Gore 12 car, 61 yards

2nd half -- Gore 4 car, 21 yards

Gore was ready to ball today. Absolutely ridiculous he only got to tote the rock 16 times today, only 4 times in the 2nd half in a close ball-game. He was still effective in limited carries in the 2nd half.

Roman is beyond potato. We need a new word for him. Maybe eggplant. No offense to anyone who likes eggplant.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 10, 2013 at 10:30 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

"run game is fine"

Yup.

1st half -- Gore 12 car, 61 yards

2nd half -- Gore 4 car, 21 yards

Gore was ready to ball today. Absolutely ridiculous he only got to tote the rock 16 times today, only 4 times in the 2nd half in a close ball-game. He was still effective in limited carries in the 2nd half.

Roman is beyond potato. We need a new word for him. Maybe eggplant. No offense to anyone who likes eggplant.

Pathetic. Especially in a low-scoring defense affair
Damn 4 carries! That is rediculous. Roman does the same damn thing everytime we lose: Gore gets double digit carries in the first half and tears Ds up. Second half: little to no carries and we lose.
Share 49ersWebzone