Originally posted by sfout:
sound post but here is my response to this
1. Defense was lights out but if they don't learn to tackle we'll lose the next 3 games. The saints, washington, and seattle all have shifty backs and power backs that will be hard to tackle and after watching 3 or more of our best defenders whiff on DeAngelo Williams huge run I am not encouraged about our prospects.
2. Agreed, run game was great. Gore was amazing, Hunter's fumble was done by textbook tackle that dislodged the ball with his helmet but he was carrying the ball loosely in 1 arm rather than clutching it. Gotta coach that out of him.
3. Luck is luck and it didn't go our way but it was close enough that better coaching would've made the difference.
4. Osgood being inactive was massive mistake especially since I don't recall seeing Baldwin on the field and Williams barely saw action.
5. Why isn't LMJ handling KRs as well? Dixon a player that runs a high 4.6 returning kicks is kind of bas-ackwards, especially when the kicks routinely reach 7 yards deep.
6. Thank god LMJ's returns showed promise again. Williams should never see the field again on ST.
7. Asking the Seahawks to lose to anyone besides New Orleans, which is in Seattle, for the rest of the season is highly unlikely. Vikings, Cardinals and Rams, are also in Seattle. With only us and the Giants as away games. While we play NO, Washington, Tampa, and Arizona away with the Rams, Seattle, and Atlanta at home. 3 of those games are incredibly possible to lose, and after the last 2 years we can't discount the Rams or Cardinals.
I like the hope but the odds of us catching Seattle are so slim they are probably non-existent.
I really only remember one play where our tackling was suspect and that was a CB against a big back with a full head of steam. That was a great play call if you ask me by the Panthers.
I agree with you on #'s2-6 completely.
Any given Sunday, I just don't think Seattle will keep finding ways to win and getting every ball to bounce their way like they have this season. They could easily have 4 losses this year. Obviously we have to beat them 12/8 and I refuse to believe they win every single other game.