There are 163 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
hoping he can improve??? we keep saying that,, we said it after the two rams losses last year, we said it after the super bowl,, we said it after 1-2 this year and we are still saying it now.. at what point in time do we wake up and realize he is not as good as he or JH or some of the web zone and talking heads in the nfl thinks he is???? if we are not careful we will miss the playoffs due to roman and we will be setting around in feb watching the super bowl saying,,,, gee i hope roman learned from this year and i hope he will get better. good f**king lord

lol and whining about it continuously mid season is going to do what for us exactly? I'm disappointed in him too but its not like we're going to bring someone in mid season. As for replacing him after the superbowol. You out of your mind. Was he great? No, we all saw his flaws but you don't fire any coach on a winning team that made it to the superbowl. You expect him to adapt and get better.
ok, so when is he going to adapt and get better. when we run up vs a good team he s**ts the bed. that is not me whining. you have seen or should have seen the results for yourself.
Good grief, How could roman have 19 pages dedicated to whether he is bad or not.? Against lesser teams he is all world. Against the last 3 top tier teams his O play calls are reason for being fired. 7 step, 4-5 second passes when the BIG RUSH is coming from an elite team is about as stupid as putting a coat on a snowman and trying to keep him warm. Face it. Roman is a second tier OC. He can beat the weak sisters, but has no idea how to beat a top tier team with the big rush. How could any OC not be cognizant enough or smart enough to not know that those 7 step dropbacks just don't work against a D that is on kap in 3.5 seconds. Our OL is all pro at run blocking but not at pass pro. If our OC cannot see that and acclimate, change to quick 3 step passes, 1-2 seconds and no more, then he does not deserve to be the OC. Based on that I believe he should be fired. Let coach H call his own calls. He is the former 14 yr NFL QB. He is the HC. He is responsible for Ws or Ls. Against the good teams, roman doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of calling an appropriate, quick hitter, short passing offense, due to OL not being able to protect Kap. And you tell me roman can't see that? Then FIRE him.
in the nfl the best teams always win. the weakhawks luck will run out, then we will get hot at the right time and be sb champs again.
I don't know about panic, but there is reason for some healthy skepticism. We can say what will or won''t happen when we are healthy again, but 100% health is no guarantee that we will win. There are some very disturbing trends that we see when we play good teams, which are the caliber of teams we will face in the playoffs. Considering the injuries that the defense has had to deal with, we've seen role players come in and elevate their level of play. The role players on offense have not truly been given that opportunity. We are less than a month from the return of Michael Crabtree and we failed to establish Marlon Moore when he was here (virtually no opportunities), used Kyle Williams wrong, have done virtually nothing with Jon Baldwin and then our bread and butter, the running game, we've done virtually nothing with Hunter and James. I will applaud the offense for getting Bruce Miller involved which is something I wanted to see, but imagine what Kendall Hunter or LaMichael James could do if they used them in the passing game the way they used Bruce Miller.

I don't think offensively we've done a good job adjusting to what we have, getting guys involved, or adjusting to what defenses are doing against us.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Good grief, How could roman have 19 pages dedicated to whether he is bad or not.? Against lesser teams he is all world. Against the last 3 top tier teams his O play calls are reason for being fired. 7 step, 4-5 second passes when the BIG RUSH is coming from an elite team is about as stupid as putting a coat on a snowman and trying to keep him warm. Face it. Roman is a second tier OC. He can beat the weak sisters, but has no idea how to beat a top tier team with the big rush. How could any OC not be cognizant enough or smart enough to not know that those 7 step dropbacks just don't work against a D that is on kap in 3.5 seconds. Our OL is all pro at run blocking but not at pass pro. If our OC cannot see that and acclimate, change to quick 3 step passes, 1-2 seconds and no more, then he does not deserve to be the OC. Based on that I believe he should be fired. Let coach H call his own calls. He is the former 14 yr NFL QB. He is the HC. He is responsible for Ws or Ls. Against the good teams, roman doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of calling an appropriate, quick hitter, short passing offense, due to OL not being able to protect Kap. And you tell me roman can't see that? Then FIRE him.
I agree with this .....if it happens again. A top flight experienced OC would make the adjustment in-game. Roman does not have the OC experience. I expect smarter things from him ....the next time he sees this happeneing.

ALso, it was the first time in 2 years our OLine completely fell apart like that. So it was a first for everyone.

Honestly I blame the game prep more then the lack of in game adjustments. I wouldn't have believed we could look so amateur against delay blitzes. Was that the first time Carolina ran that package? I can't believe that.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I agree with this .....if it happens again. A top flight experienced OC would make the adjustment in-game. Roman does not have the OC experience. I expect smarter things from him ....the next time he sees this happeneing.

ALso, it was the first time in 2 years our OLine completely fell apart like that. So it was a first for everyone.

Honestly I blame the game prep more then the lack of in game adjustments. I wouldn't have believed we could look so amateur against delay blitzes. Was that the first time Carolina ran that package? I can't believe that.
And top flight Roman is not, if Carolina showed it or not in previous games shouldnt matter, a good OC makes adjustments he doesnt continue to call the same game plan. We can continue to cut and sign players or draft them for that matter and not design plays or call plays that fit our personel. Its not the players this time it all come down to coaching and Harbaugh as good of a job as he has done is also to blame for letting this guy continue to call the same ineffective game plans. He should have taken Pep Hamilton with him instead of Roman but hey what can we do now?
We will be fine. I look at the Carolina game, and I think of Carolina as the 2011 version of us, you know, questions if the 9ers are forreal, can the 9ers hang in with the big dogs, etc. I think of our reg season game vs NYG, when we won and proved to the league that we belong. Can u imagine how frustrated their fans were at the time? It was the Giants who ultimately won the ship. I look at the Ravens of last year who didn't have such a hot regular season, nowhere near teams like Denver or GB or even us had.. But they ultimately won it at the end. It's the teams with shaky seasons that get hot at the right time. Let all these hype teams like Seattle and Indianapolis, and Carolina and KC have their shine, when it's said and done, we'll be holding that trophy. Relax everyone. We'll be fine.
i hope he D can get some points n the board for us
I think our season just came to a premature end today.

Everything is not fine.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Everything is not fine.

Yep, we could of snuck into the playoffs if we won today, but now, nope. We have to start thinking about next year and hope for no injuries that will carry over until then.

LOL @ this thread title. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It will take a ferocious defense getting lots of 3 & outs. Punishing Brees all day and hurting them at every opportunity.

It will also take our offense to establish controlling the clock and scoring TD's - especially if we get in the Red Zone.

I'm hoping it's gut check time for our coaches to unleash a game plan on both sides of the ball and fight like it's our last shot.

IMO - this is a "Statement" game. We are either a top tier team or we ane not.

IMO, it's not the players who really have to prove something - it's the coaches.

Not a top team, lol.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Everything is not fine.

Yep, we could of snuck into the playoffs if we won today, but now, nope. We have to start thinking about next year and hope for no injuries that will carry over until then.

I think we would have to win out to sneak in as a wild card.

At this point? Doubtful.

Can't quite put my finger on what's wrong here, but there's something not quite right with this team.
The name of this thread should be changed to: "Damn the Torpedoes! Full Speed Ahea *BOOM!*
Carolina the Saints don't win those games if the 49ers are healthy, inculding Crabtree.

The other teams fighting for the WildCard have more problems than the 49ers do, I think the 9ers will make it.

If the 49ers are healthy in the playoffs, no team but Seattle scares me, home or away.
Share 49ersWebzone