LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Buchy:
We are talking about the same coaching staff who went full retard 5 yards from the end zone in the Superbowl to score the go ahead TD, right? I mean the ones who decided that given we'd been gashing them with the run game all night and that their starting NT was out of the game injured it was now time to call 4 pass plays in a row from 1st and goal, right?

Man, memories.

Oh God, I thought I had already put htis behind me. I guess not. Is like a recurring nightmare. You know when we got to the 5 yard line at 1st and goal, I was already thinking ahead how we could kill more of the clock after the TD. Man, how stupid was I ?! I don't think I can ever forget how frantic the playcalling was, the 3 consecutive pass plays after the first run play. I don't think I can ever forget it. Sigh...
If they paid off at the half mile pole I'd be a millionaire. Long way to go, anything can happen and usually does.
gotta get tank carradine in there
We are talking about the same coaching staff who went full retard 5 yards from the end zone in the Superbowl to score the go ahead TD, right? I mean the ones who decided that given we'd been gashing them with the run game all night and that their starting NT was out of the game injured it was now time to call 4 pass plays in a row from 1st and goal, right?

This.

This (offensive) coaching staff made perhaps one of the biggest coaching/play calling blunders in the history of the Super Bowl and failed when it mattered which cost us another championship. This year, they've been god awful; their failure to make adjustments (when the rest of the league has clearly adjusted to them) and utilize the younger talent into the passing game (Vance, LMJ, Hunter) is just inexcusable. Blame Kap, the WRs, whoever the hell you want but the coaches (on offense) deserve equally as much blame if not more.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 14, 2013 at 7:03 AM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

This.

This (offensive) coaching staff made perhaps one of the biggest coaching/play calling blunders in the history of the Super Bowl and failed when it mattered which cost us another championship. This year, they've been god awful; their failure to make adjustments (when the rest of the league has clearly adjusted to them) and utilize the younger talent into the passing game (Vance, LMJ, Hunter) is just inexcusable. Blame Kap, the WRs, whoever the hell you want but the coaches (on offense) deserve equally as much blame if not more.

not going to argue here, the offensive coaching staff could have done a lot of things different. I also think the team should have went out and done something about the WR position when Crabs went down. Even if we re-sign both Boldin and Manningham this off season & get 100% healthy Crabtree & Patton back, I would still love to see this team trade up and get a stud WR in the 1st round.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Man, memories.

Oh God, I thought I had already put htis behind me. I guess not. Is like a recurring nightmare. You know when we got to the 5 yard line at 1st and goal, I was already thinking ahead how we could kill more of the clock after the TD. Man, how stupid was I ?! I don't think I can ever forget how frantic the playcalling was, the 3 consecutive pass plays after the first run play. I don't think I can ever forget it. Sigh...

I get sick everytime I think of it. Our only blemish in Super Bowl's.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Man, memories.

actually, LMJ got a 2 yard carry on first and goal, then 3 failed pass attempts to Crabs. still should've scored though, refs robbed us.

if this isn't blatant helmet to helmet, IDK what is. Ref standing right there.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Man, memories.

I get sick everytime I think of it. Our only blemish in Super Bowl's.

i guess you guys do not follow the company line that you should be happy with roman because he got us to within 7 yards of a super bowl title?
Roman definitely has to be a better play caller down the stretch here. I've been disappointed in him too and I'm still hoping he can improve as I'm still hoping we can continue to get healthy on offense. The entire offense needs to be better. Not just Roman.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Man, memories.

actually, LMJ got a 2 yard carry on first and goal, then 3 failed pass attempts to Crabs. still should've scored though, refs robbed us.

if this isn't blatant helmet to helmet, IDK what is. Ref standing right there.

if the coaches would have played to what this team did best at the time and that is running the ball with a combo of a rested gore/dixon or ck on second and third down,, the infamous fourth down call, on a ball that was not catchable in my opinion,, would have been moot. using gore as a decoy and getting cute at crunch time which resulted in a failure to score should have gotten roman fired right there in my opinion. but no he got a pay raise and extension and we have seen what that has brought us.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Roman definitely has to be a better play caller down the stretch here. I've been disappointed in him too and I'm still hoping he can improve as I'm still hoping we can continue to get healthy on offense. The entire offense needs to be better. Not just Roman.
hoping he can improve??? we keep saying that,, we said it after the two rams losses last year, we said it after the super bowl,, we said it after 1-2 this year and we are still saying it now.. at what point in time do we wake up and realize he is not as good as he or JH or some of the web zone and talking heads in the nfl thinks he is???? if we are not careful we will miss the playoffs due to roman and we will be setting around in feb watching the super bowl saying,,,, gee i hope roman learned from this year and i hope he will get better. good f**king lord
If we gotta hand that ball off 70% of the time and lean on our defense to win , then goddamnit , thats what we are going to do, as Mooch once said, "we gotta play Woody Hayes Football if the passing game ain't working" ....we arent capable of getting into a track meet with the Saints , but if we stick to the run game and bully them, we have a better chance of winning , but Kaep needs to respond in a big way, when the bell rings, he needs to come out swinging
It will take a ferocious defense getting lots of 3 & outs. Punishing Brees all day and hurting them at every opportunity.

It will also take our offense to establish controlling the clock and scoring TD's - especially if we get in the Red Zone.

I'm hoping it's gut check time for our coaches to unleash a game plan on both sides of the ball and fight like it's our last shot.

IMO - this is a "Statement" game. We are either a top tier team or we ane not.

IMO, it's not the players who really have to prove something - it's the coaches.
Originally posted by cciowa:
hoping he can improve??? we keep saying that,, we said it after the two rams losses last year, we said it after the super bowl,, we said it after 1-2 this year and we are still saying it now.. at what point in time do we wake up and realize he is not as good as he or JH or some of the web zone and talking heads in the nfl thinks he is???? if we are not careful we will miss the playoffs due to roman and we will be setting around in feb watching the super bowl saying,,,, gee i hope roman learned from this year and i hope he will get better. good f**king lord

lol and whining about it continuously mid season is going to do what for us exactly? I'm disappointed in him too but its not like we're going to bring someone in mid season. As for replacing him after the superbowol. You out of your mind. Was he great? No, we all saw his flaws but you don't fire any coach on a winning team that made it to the superbowl. You expect him to adapt and get better.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Nov 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It will take a ferocious defense getting lots of 3 & outs. Punishing Brees all day and hurting them at every opportunity.

It will also take our offense to establish controlling the clock and scoring TD's - especially if we get in the Red Zone.

I'm hoping it's gut check time for our coaches to unleash a game plan on both sides of the ball and fight like it's our last shot.

IMO - this is a "Statement" game. We are either a top tier team or we ane not.

IMO, it's not the players who really have to prove something - it's the coaches.

Couldn't agree more. Every loss we've taken this season has been a statement game for each of those teams. Its time for some payback and for this team to come out firing on all cylinders and make a statement of their own.
Share 49ersWebzone