LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lets face it, the division is gone. I don't see Seattle losing more than 1 or two games whereas we're likely to finish 11-5 or 10-6 at best.

And unless the offense gets a major face lift and there are some drastic adjustments made between now and the wildcard game, a deep play off run and the Super Bowl are out the window.

I'm accepting the season for what it is and it'd save a lot of you the angst and stress if you did too. I'll continue to hope for the best and perhaps I'll be in for some pleasant surprises but looking from a realistic standpoint at the moment.....well yeah .
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Lets face it, the division is gone. I don't see Seattle losing more than 1 or two games whereas we're likely to finish 11-5 or 10-6 at best.

And unless the offense gets a major face lift and there are some drastic adjustments made between now and the wildcard game, a deep play off run and the Super Bowl are out the window.

I'm accepting the season for what it is and it'd save a lot of you the angst and stress if you did too. I'll continue to hope for the best and perhaps I'll be in for some pleasant surprises but looking from a realistic standpoint at the moment.....well yeah .

Yep, I am chilling out as we speak now cos I have accepted it.

I don't know what facelift can we manage, let's face it even with Crab at 100% last Dec, we still got the crap kicked out of us. Our personnel just don't match up. We will need to draft some studs in multiple positions before we can talk about trying to beat the Seahawks. Oh and by the way, Percy Harvin has just been activated and will be good to go soon too. LOL.

We just don't stand a chance against the Seahawks, at least not now, be it at CLink or the Stick.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
what if roman goes on a diet

Then, we might have a chance.
The seahakws are the luckiest 9-1 team in history? They have been playing without more starters than we have and with almost the whole offensive line out. I hate stupid comments like this. They are a great team and you look stupid trying to say otherwise. Can the 49ers beat them? Of course they can. Its all about who is hot in the playoffs.
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Arizona has games against @SEA, SF, @Philly, Colts, and St. Louis, in addition to @ TENN and @ JAX. I highly doubt Arizona will finish the season better than 9-7.

TEN with no Locker, JAX is terrible, Philly is 0-4 at home, Colts got trashed by STL.

That's 4 games right there that are winnable (5 actually with STL). Not sure how you discount them at this point. If SF loses in NO and AZ wins against JAX, doesn't that put you guys at 6-4, tied for 2nd in the division (but having the tie breaker advantage)? I think it's about 100X more likely that SF finishes with a better record but it is what it is.

Carolina has a rough schedule as well so as I said before, SF is still in control of their own fate.

I am giving Arizona wins against Jax, and Tenn. I think St. Louis, Philly and Indy are all tough games for them but I'll give them 2 out of 3 ... I don't think they beat either Seattle or SF. I think 9-7 is very realistic for this team. .

Carolina will probably finish 11-5. I can see them losing 2 of 3 to NE and NO, but the rest of their schedule looks like wins. They will likely be the 5 seed unless SF beats either NO or SEA and wins the rest of their games.

I doubt either Chicago or Green Bay finishes better than 10-6 ... too many injuries for GB and Chicago is a very inconsistent team.

So, yeah, SF is in control of its own destiny. 11-5 seems realistic ... closing out with three wins, with a fully healthy team is all the momentum we need to carry us through to SEA for the NFC Championship. And we will win that game.
Originally posted by tricitiesfan:
The seahakws are the luckiest 9-1 team in history? They have been playing without more starters than we have and with almost the whole offensive line out. I hate stupid comments like this. They are a great team and you look stupid trying to say otherwise. Can the 49ers beat them? Of course they can. Its all about who is hot in the playoffs.

Taking that a little personal aren't ya?
  • 5FDP
  • Veteran
Anyone who followed this team through the 2000's would have no reason to panic now IMO
once we get our receivers back we'll be fine. kaep is a one read qb because that's all there is to read
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by LVJay:
what if roman goes on a diet

Then, we might have a chance.

He's working on a 4th chin for crying out loud

Seriously, though, he can't be all that healthy (chemical imbalances and what not)... the stress of the game is taking coaches out
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
once we get our receivers back we'll be fine. kaep is a one read qb because that's all there is to read

LOL, Truth!

We should panic
I'm Niner DIE HARD! But why did we play the panthers to THEIR strengths??? We kept our O schemes Tight? Thats their strength!!! They have Top Notch front 7!! I understand our WR situation, But why not send Decoys to open up lanes for Colin? Where's Lamike? Dude can play ANYTHING!! Why did we Draft him? so he can watch KYLE WILLIAMS and Anthony Dixon??? So we're weak @ WR but we dont use Lamike!!! How bout Playing Gore AND Lamike together and have their D GUESS if we're Pounding or Slashing them!!! How bout NO back and spread 5!!! That would look something like Osgood wide, lamike and Vernon left side, and Anquan and McDonald on the other!!!!! Make them defend ALL the field, Kap has at least 2 reads and Flys if its not there!!! Just dont get it!!! If our goal was to play Kap like Manning or Brady, should of just kept Alex!!! Andy Reid is utilizing Alex' Strengths!!!! We have KAEPERNICK but play him like a Rookie Manning!!!! I see 5'10 qb in seattle making ALL kinds of plays on the Fly!!! Colin is nearly 6'5!!!! seattle has OK receivers but they USE them!!!! Opens everything up for Wilson!!! I dont get it!!! Im STILL paying debt I incurred for attending the SB!, and there I saw the SAME thing!!! Ravens Ngata goes down and we STILL dont Run GORE until like a WHOLE quarter after!!! We pick up randy moss and run a POST TO ED REED!!!!! moss' game was to FLY!!!!, Not play the middle!!! Watch us on D against the Saints!, we'll let All the WRS, TEs, Scat backs off the line uncontested!!! Has anyone EVER seen how Belichek beat the RAMS!!! THEY knocked EVERYONE down @ the Line!!! These are NFL coaches!!! I'm a nurse!!!! GO NINERS!!!!! I HOPE!!!!
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by tondiman:
91 yards passing man....Sugar coat it all you want broski....but its still just 91 yards.

Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe our passing game. Harbaugh and co. better have more in plan than just the hope of getting crabtree back..

The passing game has never been all that innovative or forward. But now that we have a lackluster receiving core and a struggling young QB, it's really showing how anemic and outdated the passing attack is. By design, it is literally the most uncreative and least imaginative and competent in the entire league. Cohn asked Harbaugh why they don't use screens more and I swear his reaction was like a light bulb went off in his head...it's as if between him and the other coaches, it wasn't even brought up or discussed. Unbelievable. The coaches don't even look as innovative as they once appeared in 2011...more like backwards, stubborn, and stuck in the past failing miserably to adjust in the evolving modern NFL.

If they're putting all their coins on Crabtree returning to bail them out and put the passing game on his back because they can't get it done, Jim might have to take a page from his older bro and I hope Baalke has a list together too of eligible, competent candidates.

We're talking about the QB situation, right? Because a coaching staff doesn't go full-retard after back to back NFCCG appearances and a Super Bowl appearance, unless something changed.

We are talking about the same coaching staff who went full retard 5 yards from the end zone in the Superbowl to score the go ahead TD, right? I mean the ones who decided that given we'd been gashing them with the run game all night and that their starting NT was out of the game injured it was now time to call 4 pass plays in a row from 1st and goal, right?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
We are talking about the same coaching staff who went full retard 5 yards from the end zone in the Superbowl to score the go ahead TD, right? I mean the ones who decided that given we'd been gashing them with the run game all night and that their starting NT was out of the game injured it was now time to call 4 pass plays in a row from 1st and goal, right?

Man, memories.
Share 49ersWebzone