There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

We only need to panic if it is discovered that the coaching staff, Kap and coordinators are listening to the ones in the zone dumping on them who think they have better ideas.

And intend to implement those people's pessimist anger panic coming off a bad high wonder game plan.

Originally posted by GNS1310:
SF @ NO = NO
ARI @ Jax = ARI
Min @ SEA - SEA
which equals

Seattle 10-1
SF - 6-4
Azi - 6-4

I'm a little worried.

Seriously, it doesn't matter how you cut it, first of all the 9ers are not going to win NFC West and we are not going to beat Seattle in CLink, so you might as well just sit back, relax and see how it unfolds.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
SF @ NO = NO
ARI @ Jax = ARI
Min @ SEA - SEA
which equals

Seattle 10-1
SF - 6-4
Azi - 6-4

I'm a little worried.

Seriously, it doesn't matter how you cut it, first of all the 9ers are not going to win NFC West and we are not going to beat Seattle in CLink, so you might as well just sit back, relax and see how it unfolds.

So, if we can't beat em in seaderrall, then basically it unfolds like this (on the couch rooting for another team in the SB)

There's no doubt that we aren't winning the division so, unless another teams takes them out in the playoffs before we have to face them, we better get healthy and figure out a way to beat them in their yard...
Originally posted by LVJay:
So, if we can't beat em in seaderrall, then basically it unfolds like this (on the couch rooting for another team in the SB)

There's no doubt that we aren't winning the division so, unless another teams takes them out in the playoffs before we have to face them, we better get healthy and figure out a way to beat them in their yard...

No, not rooting for another team. What I mean is there is no point to get stressed out anymore. Just sit back, relax and who knows there might be some pleasant surprises if we are lucky. But, if you want to be serious about it and look at the current situation, then no we are not going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If the season ended today, no other team would play them or have a chance to take them out until after the wildcard round between the 9ers and Lions.

To beat the Seahawks is more than just getting healthy, we are just not good enough to beat them right now, be it on personnel as well as coaching.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
No, not rooting for another team. What I mean is there is no point to get stressed out anymore. Just sit back, relax and who knows there might be some pleasant surprises if we are lucky. But, if you want to be serious about it and look at the current situation, then no we are not going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If the season ended today, no other team would play them or have a chance to take them out until after the wildcard round between the 9ers and Lions.

To beat the Seahawks is more than just getting healthy, we are just not good enough to beat them right now, be it on personnel as well as coaching.

what if roman goes on a diet
Lets face it, the division is gone. I don't see Seattle losing more than 1 or two games whereas we're likely to finish 11-5 or 10-6 at best.

And unless the offense gets a major face lift and there are some drastic adjustments made between now and the wildcard game, a deep play off run and the Super Bowl are out the window.

I'm accepting the season for what it is and it'd save a lot of you the angst and stress if you did too. I'll continue to hope for the best and perhaps I'll be in for some pleasant surprises but looking from a realistic standpoint at the moment.....well yeah .
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Lets face it, the division is gone. I don't see Seattle losing more than 1 or two games whereas we're likely to finish 11-5 or 10-6 at best.

And unless the offense gets a major face lift and there are some drastic adjustments made between now and the wildcard game, a deep play off run and the Super Bowl are out the window.

I'm accepting the season for what it is and it'd save a lot of you the angst and stress if you did too. I'll continue to hope for the best and perhaps I'll be in for some pleasant surprises but looking from a realistic standpoint at the moment.....well yeah .

Yep, I am chilling out as we speak now cos I have accepted it.

I don't know what facelift can we manage, let's face it even with Crab at 100% last Dec, we still got the crap kicked out of us. Our personnel just don't match up. We will need to draft some studs in multiple positions before we can talk about trying to beat the Seahawks. Oh and by the way, Percy Harvin has just been activated and will be good to go soon too. LOL.

We just don't stand a chance against the Seahawks, at least not now, be it at CLink or the Stick.

Then, we might have a chance.
The seahakws are the luckiest 9-1 team in history? They have been playing without more starters than we have and with almost the whole offensive line out. I hate stupid comments like this. They are a great team and you look stupid trying to say otherwise. Can the 49ers beat them? Of course they can. Its all about who is hot in the playoffs.
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Arizona has games against @SEA, SF, @Philly, Colts, and St. Louis, in addition to @ TENN and @ JAX. I highly doubt Arizona will finish the season better than 9-7.

TEN with no Locker, JAX is terrible, Philly is 0-4 at home, Colts got trashed by STL.

That's 4 games right there that are winnable (5 actually with STL). Not sure how you discount them at this point. If SF loses in NO and AZ wins against JAX, doesn't that put you guys at 6-4, tied for 2nd in the division (but having the tie breaker advantage)? I think it's about 100X more likely that SF finishes with a better record but it is what it is.

Carolina has a rough schedule as well so as I said before, SF is still in control of their own fate.

I am giving Arizona wins against Jax, and Tenn. I think St. Louis, Philly and Indy are all tough games for them but I'll give them 2 out of 3 ... I don't think they beat either Seattle or SF. I think 9-7 is very realistic for this team. .

Carolina will probably finish 11-5. I can see them losing 2 of 3 to NE and NO, but the rest of their schedule looks like wins. They will likely be the 5 seed unless SF beats either NO or SEA and wins the rest of their games.

I doubt either Chicago or Green Bay finishes better than 10-6 ... too many injuries for GB and Chicago is a very inconsistent team.

So, yeah, SF is in control of its own destiny. 11-5 seems realistic ... closing out with three wins, with a fully healthy team is all the momentum we need to carry us through to SEA for the NFC Championship. And we will win that game.
Originally posted by tricitiesfan:
The seahakws are the luckiest 9-1 team in history? They have been playing without more starters than we have and with almost the whole offensive line out. I hate stupid comments like this. They are a great team and you look stupid trying to say otherwise. Can the 49ers beat them? Of course they can. Its all about who is hot in the playoffs.

Taking that a little personal aren't ya?
  • 5FDP
Anyone who followed this team through the 2000's would have no reason to panic now IMO
once we get our receivers back we'll be fine. kaep is a one read qb because that's all there is to read
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Then, we might have a chance.

He's working on a 4th chin for crying out loud

Seriously, though, he can't be all that healthy (chemical imbalances and what not)... the stress of the game is taking coaches out
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
once we get our receivers back we'll be fine. kaep is a one read qb because that's all there is to read

LOL, Truth!