LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The way I see it is we either get into playoffs and dominate because Kap will have his full compliment of weapons a.k.a Crabtree, Davis, Boldin, Manningham, and Gore + our defense. OR we don't get into playoffs and a trade for a top playmaker becomes that much easier. The thought of having someone like Clinton-Dix or Lee soothes my frustration with this season.
if VD don't come back and play this game we are done , stick a fork in us , also is Kap a one read option ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
if VD don't come back and play this game we are done , stick a fork in us , also is Kap a one read option ?

if your theory on vernon is right, then we deserve to lose and not make the playoffs if we are so god damn dependent on one player,, that is just f**king pathetic and that is on the coaches .
Originally posted by cciowa:
we have lost three games to three good teams with winning records. the same things that got us beat in loss one got us beat in game two and the same things that got us beat in game two got us beat in game three. when the same things keep happening and are not fixed, that is all on the coaches, when you p***y out and do not try for it on fourth and goal from the one, that is all on your coaches going into a fetal position and telling your team they are not good enough to get one yard. no offense to the bathwater drinkers of JH but to give him and roman a pass on all this and blame it on injuries is so unrealistic

yes but the of our three losses we were in the game for most part/had opportunities, and could of easily won had we made some plays. im not one for moral victories and a loss is a loss. you talk about that 4th down call like it soley lost us the game. how bout if vance mcdonald catches that perfect ball from kap and we get at the least 3pts on that drive...good chance we win 12-10 at the least? how bout hunter not fumbling and we go down and get points on that drive, how bout bowman actually making the catch and intercepting the ball to set us up in good field position, how bout we dont give up crucial 3rd downs? point is there are numerous ways/reasons we lost this game. putting it all on our coach and qb is just not realistic
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner7:
we have lost three games to three good teams with winning records. the same things that got us beat in loss one got us beat in game two and the same things that got us beat in game two got us beat in game three. when the same things keep happening and are not fixed, that is all on the coaches, when you p***y out and do not try for it on fourth and goal from the one, that is all on your coaches going into a fetal position and telling your team they are not good enough to get one yard. no offense to the bathwater drinkers of JH but to give him and roman a pass on all this and blame it on injuries is so unrealistic

yes but the of our three losses we were in the game for most part/had opportunities, and could of easily won had we made some plays. im not one for moral victories and a loss is a loss. you talk about that 4th down call like it soley lost us the game. how bout if vance mcdonald catches that perfect ball from kap and we get at the least 3pts on that drive...good chance we win 12-10 at the least? how bout hunter not fumbling and we go down and get points on that drive, how bout bowman actually making the catch and intercepting the ball to set us up in good field position, how bout we dont give up crucial 3rd downs? point is there are numerous ways/reasons we lost this game. putting it all on our coach and qb is just not realistic
we have lost three games to three winning teams,, we can not beat a good team and we get outcoached every time. even i can connect those dots. the call or non call on fourth down,, that was the polar opposite of the "moral victories" you spoke of. the coaches basically told the offense they are not good enough to get a yard You are ok with that?? what took place sunday was all on the coaches. had the play calling been better i think we would have got 3 touchdowns instead of field goals and then all of those things you spoke of would have been moot, the way i heard the ball bowman did not come up with was a very very hard ball to catch so he gets a pass. my god you talk about giving up third downs.... what was our third down conversion rate please. my god man protect the coaches but be realistic.
we have lost three games to three winning teams,, we can not beat a good team and we get outcoached every time. even i can connect those dots. the call or non call on fourth down,, that was the polar opposite of the "moral victories" you spoke of. the coaches basically told the offense they are not good enough to get a yard You are ok with that?? what took place sunday was all on the coaches. had the play calling been better i think we would have got 3 touchdowns instead of field goals and then all of those things you spoke of would have been moot, the way i heard the ball bowman did not come up with was a very very hard ball to catch so he gets a pass. my god you talk about giving up third downs.... what was our third down conversion rate please. my god man protect the coaches but be realistic.

Agreed!! Although I'll put a good chunk of the blame on Kap and a bit on the line as well but your post is spot on IMO and I feel the exact same way. Pathetic performance and I refuse to make excuses for them. The 49ers defense is just as good and yet the Panthers still looked like a professional football team, and executed like one. The 49ers looked like a professional football team running a high school offense. The coaching staff should be embarrassed. Getting out coached by Pete Carrol, Chuck Pagano, and now Ron f**king Rivera.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
besides the GB game, 9ers have lost to every decent team they've played. All wins came against teams that suck kak.
that is the bottom line and alot of people have their heads stuck in the sand on this in my opinion
i tried to tell everyone when they were all excited about our awesome win streak. but no one would listen.

points accepted. my point is it was an all around loss for us, not just a "if they called better plays we win" loss. btw our third down conversion rate was not good if i recall...
besides the GB game, 9ers have lost to every decent team they've played. All wins came against teams that suck kak.
that is the bottom line and alot of people have their heads stuck in the sand on this in my opinion
i tried to tell everyone when they were all excited about our awesome win streak. but no one would listen.

We need to stop getting bullied by teams who can hang with us. We need to do the bullying and stop expecting to win.
91 yards passing man....Sugar coat it all you want broski....but its still just 91 yards.

Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe our passing game. Harbaugh and co. better have more in plan than just the hope of getting crabtree back..

• Baldie
  • Veteran
I honestly think it begins with Kaep first, then the playcalling. Dilfer said it himself, Kaep right now is a one read QB. There are passing plays when there are 2-3 WR's on the field and yet Kaep still throws to Mcdonald down the seem (probably his first read). Right now our passing game is not sufficient enough to win a game if needed. In the 3 games we lost, the passing game was critical and could not generate a passing game.

Passing game in New Orleans is going to be critical.
Originally posted by tondiman:
91 yards passing man....Sugar coat it all you want broski....but its still just 91 yards.

Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe our passing game. Harbaugh and co. better have more in plan than just the hope of getting crabtree back..

The passing game has never been all that innovative or forward. But now that we have a lackluster receiving core and a struggling young QB, it's really showing how anemic and outdated the passing attack is. By design, it is literally the most uncreative and least imaginative and competent in the entire league. Cohn asked Harbaugh why they don't use screens more and I swear his reaction was like a light bulb went off in his head...it's as if between him and the other coaches, it wasn't even brought up or discussed. Unbelievable. The coaches don't even look as innovative as they once appeared in 2011...more like backwards, stubborn, and stuck in the past failing miserably to adjust in the evolving modern NFL.

If they're putting all their coins on Crabtree returning to bail them out and put the passing game on his back because they can't get it done, Jim might have to take a page from his older bro and I hope Baalke has a list together too of eligible, competent candidates.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by tondiman:

The passing game has never been all that innovative or forward. But now that we have a lackluster receiving core and a struggling young QB, it's really showing how anemic and outdated the passing attack is. By design, it is literally the most uncreative and least imaginative and competent in the entire league. Cohn asked Harbaugh why they don't use screens more and I swear his reaction was like a light bulb went off in his head...it's as if between him and the other coaches, it wasn't even brought up or discussed. Unbelievable. The coaches don't even look as innovative as they once appeared in 2011...more like backwards, stubborn, and stuck in the past failing miserably to adjust in the evolving modern NFL.

If they're putting all their coins on Crabtree returning to bail them out and put the passing game on his back because they can't get it done, Jim might have to take a page from his older bro and I hope Baalke has a list together too of eligible, competent candidates.

We're talking about the QB situation, right? Because a coaching staff doesn't go full-retard after back to back NFCCG appearances and a Super Bowl appearance, unless something changed.
SF @ NO = NO
ARI @ Jax = ARI
Min @ SEA - SEA
which equals

Seattle 10-1
SF - 6-4
Azi - 6-4

I'm a little worried.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
SF @ NO = NO
ARI @ Jax = ARI
Min @ SEA - SEA
which equals

Seattle 10-1
SF - 6-4
Azi - 6-4

I'm a little worried.

Hmm... OK, lets win that game in NOLA boys!!!!! The CARDS?!?!?!?!?! The Hags I get.. I wasn't ignoring the RedBirds, but didn't realize the proximity.
Share 49ersWebzone