There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

For me, when it comes down to it, I don't care what happens overall during the regular season as long as we are healthy and make the playoffs. Yes, Seattle will likely win the division and have HFA through the playoffs, but that is not set in stone. Until that happens, I will remain hopeful that this division is within our grasp. If we don't get it, I am confident that a healthy Niner team can beat anyone on the road outside of the Hags. I'm not saying it can't be done, I am just saying that I am not confident that the Niners can pull off a playoff win in Seattle, but that it could be done in any other venue if we are healthy.


The problems we are seeing are fixable, not everyone has a defense like Carolina or one that really presents a problem for us. This team could still finish 13-3 and have the entire Enchilada. A couple of tough games coming up, but they are WINNABLE. Whatever happens, my ultimate goal is to see the Niners in the Super Bowl again, with a win this time. As long as we make the playoffs, the Niners have a chance of getting that win.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
For me, when it comes down to it, I don't care what happens overall during the regular season as long as we are healthy and make the playoffs. Yes, Seattle will likely win the division and have HFA through the playoffs, but that is not set in stone. Until that happens, I will remain hopeful that this division is within our grasp. If we don't get it, I am confident that a healthy Niner team can beat anyone on the road outside of the Hags. I'm not saying it can't be done, I am just saying that I am not confident that the Niners can pull off a playoff win in Seattle, but that it could be done in any other venue if we are healthy.


The problems we are seeing are fixable, not everyone has a defense like Carolina or one that really presents a problem for us. This team could still finish 13-3 and have the entire Enchilada. A couple of tough games coming up, but they are WINNABLE. Whatever happens, my ultimate goal is to see the Niners in the Super Bowl again, with a win this time. As long as we make the playoffs, the Niners have a chance of getting that win.

Yes, agreed. This season does seem to be blighted by injuries, though.

Still, one week at a time
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
i am sorry but we had injuries when we won five games in a row. sure injuries hurt sunday but i go back to , if our offense is so god damn dependent on one player in vernon, then the coaches should be tarred and feathered for letting that happen. no one said squat about our walking wounded when we won five in a row and now we lost another game to another good team with a winning record we start hearing about all our injuries. sorry not an excuse to me
new here, but a long time lurker...glad to be here! there is a lot of "panic" going on around here. lets just remember j. harbaugh is one hell of a coach and he will get the ship right. last season many got on him for starting kap over smith, and last i checked that worked out pretty good for us. sure we've had struggles on O, IT HAPPENS. lets get a healthy crabs, davis, manningham, boldin, hunter, gore all out there as playmakers for kap to throw to before we start writing him off. have faith fellas we are far from done! and to say we will in no way be able to win the super bowl this year is just ridiculous. BEAT THE SAINTS!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by NJNiner7:
new here, but a long time lurker...glad to be here! there is a lot of "panic" going on around here. lets just remember j. harbaugh is one hell of a coach and he will get the ship right. last season many got on him for starting kap over smith, and last i checked that worked out pretty good for us. sure we've had struggles on O, IT HAPPENS. lets get a healthy crabs, davis, manningham, boldin, hunter, gore all out there as playmakers for kap to throw to before we start writing him off. have faith fellas we are far from done! and to say we will in no way be able to win the super bowl this year is just ridiculous. BEAT THE SAINTS!

we have lost three games to three good teams with winning records. the same things that got us beat in loss one got us beat in game two and the same things that got us beat in game two got us beat in game three. when the same things keep happening and are not fixed, that is all on the coaches, when you p***y out and do not try for it on fourth and goal from the one, that is all on your coaches going into a fetal position and telling your team they are not good enough to get one yard. no offense to the bathwater drinkers of JH but to give him and roman a pass on all this and blame it on injuries is so unrealistic
The way I see it is we either get into playoffs and dominate because Kap will have his full compliment of weapons a.k.a Crabtree, Davis, Boldin, Manningham, and Gore + our defense. OR we don't get into playoffs and a trade for a top playmaker becomes that much easier. The thought of having someone like Clinton-Dix or Lee soothes my frustration with this season.
if VD don't come back and play this game we are done , stick a fork in us , also is Kap a one read option ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by cNiner:
if VD don't come back and play this game we are done , stick a fork in us , also is Kap a one read option ?

if your theory on vernon is right, then we deserve to lose and not make the playoffs if we are so god damn dependent on one player,, that is just f**king pathetic and that is on the coaches .
Originally posted by cciowa:
we have lost three games to three good teams with winning records. the same things that got us beat in loss one got us beat in game two and the same things that got us beat in game two got us beat in game three. when the same things keep happening and are not fixed, that is all on the coaches, when you p***y out and do not try for it on fourth and goal from the one, that is all on your coaches going into a fetal position and telling your team they are not good enough to get one yard. no offense to the bathwater drinkers of JH but to give him and roman a pass on all this and blame it on injuries is so unrealistic

yes but the of our three losses we were in the game for most part/had opportunities, and could of easily won had we made some plays. im not one for moral victories and a loss is a loss. you talk about that 4th down call like it soley lost us the game. how bout if vance mcdonald catches that perfect ball from kap and we get at the least 3pts on that drive...good chance we win 12-10 at the least? how bout hunter not fumbling and we go down and get points on that drive, how bout bowman actually making the catch and intercepting the ball to set us up in good field position, how bout we dont give up crucial 3rd downs? point is there are numerous ways/reasons we lost this game. putting it all on our coach and qb is just not realistic
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,709
Originally posted by NJNiner7:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we have lost three games to three good teams with winning records. the same things that got us beat in loss one got us beat in game two and the same things that got us beat in game two got us beat in game three. when the same things keep happening and are not fixed, that is all on the coaches, when you p***y out and do not try for it on fourth and goal from the one, that is all on your coaches going into a fetal position and telling your team they are not good enough to get one yard. no offense to the bathwater drinkers of JH but to give him and roman a pass on all this and blame it on injuries is so unrealistic

yes but the of our three losses we were in the game for most part/had opportunities, and could of easily won had we made some plays. im not one for moral victories and a loss is a loss. you talk about that 4th down call like it soley lost us the game. how bout if vance mcdonald catches that perfect ball from kap and we get at the least 3pts on that drive...good chance we win 12-10 at the least? how bout hunter not fumbling and we go down and get points on that drive, how bout bowman actually making the catch and intercepting the ball to set us up in good field position, how bout we dont give up crucial 3rd downs? point is there are numerous ways/reasons we lost this game. putting it all on our coach and qb is just not realistic
we have lost three games to three winning teams,, we can not beat a good team and we get outcoached every time. even i can connect those dots. the call or non call on fourth down,, that was the polar opposite of the "moral victories" you spoke of. the coaches basically told the offense they are not good enough to get a yard You are ok with that?? what took place sunday was all on the coaches. had the play calling been better i think we would have got 3 touchdowns instead of field goals and then all of those things you spoke of would have been moot, the way i heard the ball bowman did not come up with was a very very hard ball to catch so he gets a pass. my god you talk about giving up third downs.... what was our third down conversion rate please. my god man protect the coaches but be realistic.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for NinerG94.
Originally posted by cciowa:
we have lost three games to three winning teams,, we can not beat a good team and we get outcoached every time. even i can connect those dots. the call or non call on fourth down,, that was the polar opposite of the "moral victories" you spoke of. the coaches basically told the offense they are not good enough to get a yard You are ok with that?? what took place sunday was all on the coaches. had the play calling been better i think we would have got 3 touchdowns instead of field goals and then all of those things you spoke of would have been moot, the way i heard the ball bowman did not come up with was a very very hard ball to catch so he gets a pass. my god you talk about giving up third downs.... what was our third down conversion rate please. my god man protect the coaches but be realistic.

Agreed!! Although I'll put a good chunk of the blame on Kap and a bit on the line as well but your post is spot on IMO and I feel the exact same way. Pathetic performance and I refuse to make excuses for them. The 49ers defense is just as good and yet the Panthers still looked like a professional football team, and executed like one. The 49ers looked like a professional football team running a high school offense. The coaching staff should be embarrassed. Getting out coached by Pete Carrol, Chuck Pagano, and now Ron f**king Rivera.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
besides the GB game, 9ers have lost to every decent team they've played. All wins came against teams that suck kak.
that is the bottom line and alot of people have their heads stuck in the sand on this in my opinion
i tried to tell everyone when they were all excited about our awesome win streak. but no one would listen.
Originally posted by cciowa:
we have lost three games to three winning teams,, we can not beat a good team and we get outcoached every time. even i can connect those dots. the call or non call on fourth down,, that was the polar opposite of the "moral victories" you spoke of. the coaches basically told the offense they are not good enough to get a yard You are ok with that?? what took place sunday was all on the coaches. had the play calling been better i think we would have got 3 touchdowns instead of field goals and then all of those things you spoke of would have been moot, the way i heard the ball bowman did not come up with was a very very hard ball to catch so he gets a pass. my god you talk about giving up third downs.... what was our third down conversion rate please. my god man protect the coaches but be realistic.

points accepted. my point is it was an all around loss for us, not just a "if they called better plays we win" loss. btw our third down conversion rate was not good if i recall...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
besides the GB game, 9ers have lost to every decent team they've played. All wins came against teams that suck kak.
that is the bottom line and alot of people have their heads stuck in the sand on this in my opinion
i tried to tell everyone when they were all excited about our awesome win streak. but no one would listen.

We need to stop getting bullied by teams who can hang with us. We need to do the bullying and stop expecting to win.
91 yards passing man....Sugar coat it all you want broski....but its still just 91 yards.

Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe our passing game. Harbaugh and co. better have more in plan than just the hope of getting crabtree back..