There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hopper:
I was talking about injuries exclusively to starters during this season. I'm not going to point that out again.

LOL, so if they aren't a starter it doesn't matter? He was their #1 rated CB last season and was a de facto starter on the outside for them. Spin it however you like, it was a HUGE loss for this defense.

Speaking of injuries, nobody is talking about the big one from today and that is Eric Reid. What scares me about this kid is that he is one who seems easily succeptable to concussions. Further, his style of play is both what defines him as a player and what puts him at risk. A star rookie with a concussion problem is a big deal for San Francisco, it's a big problem for any NFL team.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Nov 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
People seem to think it is easy to make the play offs, let alone a the Superbowl, it is not a given, the last two seasons were amazing and special, and really represent major missed opportunities, it may well be 2-3 years before we advance that far again. I personally enjoy every season, even the Nolan Singletary years were enjoyable in a tormented, and dark way. This year will be full of drama, and intrigue, we are still alive, but hopes of a big play off run are fading, I began to turn my eye to next season, and will enjoy the pleasure and pain of rooting for my favorite team, GO NINERS!

Missed opportunities is the key word. Two golden opportunities and we failed. The Giants knock off the 15-1 Packers so we can host the NFCCG and Kyle Williams happens. That Defense would have smothered the Patriots.

Then we get to the game and our coaches bring a team slow out of the gates? A motion penalty to start the SB is what we get?

Missed opportunities may haunt this fan base for years to come
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Speaking of injuries, nobody is talking about the big one from today and that is Eric Reid. What scares me about this kid is that he is one who seems easily succeptable to concussions. Further, his style of play is both what defines him as a player and what puts him at risk. A star rookie with a concussion problem is a big deal for San Francisco, it's a big problem for any NFL team.

Yeah and being his second concussion this season and how bad that hit was he'll more than likely be out for next week. As if this team doesn't have enough problems, now we have to go into the superdome with Dahl at FS.
Hate to say it, but you are really quite the optimist (sarcasm intended). What makes you think the Niners will be "just fine" in this scenario? The Seahawks are now 2 1/2 games clear in the division so us beating them on Dec 8th is meaningless unless we beat the Saints and then they beat the Seahawks in Seattle. That is asking for alot after yesterday's performance. Since, the Niners have to think Wild Card, they just blew their chance against one of their biggest competitors for one of those spots. Take all this into account, and the Niners should be very concerned.
best case scenario -- we get bounced in the wild cards, seahawks win the NFC championship and beat their chests before getting plastered by the Broncos in the SB as Peyton exits into the sunset

and yes, we regroup for next year, kaep visits a psychologist and clears his football mental webs.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Hate to say it, but you are really quite the optimist (sarcasm intended). What makes you think the Niners will be "just fine" in this scenario? The Seahawks are now 2 1/2 games clear in the division so us beating them on Dec 8th is meaningless unless we beat the Saints and then they beat the Seahawks in Seattle. That is asking for alot after yesterday's performance. Since, the Niners have to think Wild Card, they just blew their chance against one of their biggest competitors for one of those spots. Take all this into account, and the Niners should be very concerned.

though i'm all debbie downer, that three game stretch for the 'hawks, vs. Saints, @ 49ers, @ giants, it's 50/50 each game for them imo.
Draft QB AJ McCarron. Let Kaep go. It Pains me to say it. I was a HUGE and AVID Kaep defender and Lawyer but the dude cannot read coverages and pass rush. Boldin is a STUDD and yet still cannot get him the ball?? Ronald McDonald should have caught that pass.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Draft QB AJ McCarron. Let Kaep go. It Pains me to say it. I was a HUGE and AVID Kaep defender and Lawyer but the dude cannot read coverages and pass rush. Boldin is a STUDD and yet still cannot get him the ball?? Ronald McDonald should have caught that pass.

we basically just handed over homefield advantage thought the nfc playoffs to the team with the loudest crowd in the league, and oh yeah we been s**t kicked there the last 2 times. i'd say theres good reason to be very very concerned.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

I don't know about letting Kap go, but we should be drafting another QB in the second round to push him, and be there in case he doesn't improve.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we were all told yesterday at half time no need to panic because we were up by two scores and everything will be "just fine", how did that work out? how has that worked out when we come up against a good team that punches us in the mouth and exposes our weaknesses???
I don't think is panic per se, but I think is almost time and fair to ask ourselves whether Kap is indeed our franchise QB to at least to get the thinking process going.

Also, what if there are no or not enough improvements after Crab comes back ?

Essentially, we have a year before we must come to that decision, but if this level of play persists, we will need to think about how we are going to ensure we still have a passing game next season.

Furthermore, given how weak our back-up QBs are anyway, I believe it only makes sense to draft another QB in the 2nd next year.
[ Edited by Rascal on Nov 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM ]
However you deal with losing is cool. If your one that remains calm thats cool. If your one that panics thats cool also.. but what we ALL need to do is be realistic with ourselves. Right now were not a super bowl caliber team primarily on offense. We get bullied and injured against any team that stands up to us. That hurts my heart. Also the coaches and Kap truly seem afraid to turn it loose. 2nd and 24 and run up the middle .. what BS. Thats a sign of scared QB and coaches. Anytime Kap drops back to pass and rolls out the pocket its an automatic incompletion or worse a sack. ANYBODY from here on out that mentions a lack of receivers will be ignored. Kap and the coaches shoulder this blame. Way to go Scott Tolzien throw for 280 yards and 60% completion off the bench with limited reps. 2 weeks for us to get ready for a game and we cant manage 100 yards passing AT HOME. Embarasing and super bowl contenders don't perform like that ..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
I don't think is panic per se, but I think is almost time and fair to ask ourselves whether Kap is indeed our franchise QB to at least the thinking process going.

Also, what if there are no or not enough improvements after Crab comes back ?

Essentially, we have a year before we must come to that decision, but if this level of play persists, we will need to think about how we are going to ensure we still have a passing game next season.

Furthermore, given how weak our back-up QBs are anyway, I believe it only makes sense to draft another QB in the 2nd next year.
people do not want to even go down the road you did in your first thought. that is because the possible answer is very very terrifying for this franchise and for the coaches who put their eggs into this basket
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
LOL, we have NO OFFENSE. Seattle is going to run away with the division, and Carolina will take the wildcard.

The good news, we should be good to compete again next year if Kap can figure out how to throw or we replace him with someone better.

Exactly. We are not winning the division and you just lost the tie breaker to a team that may end tied with you last wildcard spot. Not to mention we lost at home after having 2 weeks to prepare for this team? Excuse me while I panic for a second. This game was huge on a lot of levels.