Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are we the WORST 6 - 3 team in the NFL?

Are we the WORST 6 - 3 team in the NFL?

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
Getting Crabs back doesn't look like it will help

Probably not because I believe this offenses problame is passing design. The WR excuse is over for me. I see a lot of teams do more with less. I'm tired of our coaching staff getting away with being mediocre.
As of now, the only other 6-3 team is the Colts. After losing to the immortal Kellen Clemens and the Rams 38-8 AT HOME, I'm sure they're asking the same question.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM ]
We need either a competent O line or we need to switch to the wildcat.

No need keeping a slender qb out there when we let anyone with numbers on their jerseys through unmolested.

I vote yes, but it's not the final word...still lots of f'ball left to play.
[ Edited by TyCore on Nov 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
As of now, the only other 6-3 team is the Colts. After losing to the immortal Kellen Clemens and the Rams 38-8 AT HOME, I'm sure they're asking the same question.

you forgot the panthers an lions as mentioned on the first page.

Panthers just beat us and the Lions have an equally dynamic run game and Calvin and we lost to the Colts so you can definitely say we are no better than 3rd and probably 4th in that group.
Originally posted by Antix:

Probably not because I believe this offenses problame is passing design. The WR excuse is over for me. I see a lot of teams do more with less. I'm tired of our coaching staff getting away with being mediocre.

I keep wondering where the playcalling from the GB game went. What happened to those formations?
Originally posted by trogdor:
St. Louis

But seriously, looking at the schedule we've got 2, maybe three tough road games coming up, plus Seattle at home and you know that Seattle is in the Niner's head's now. Unless the offense plays better we could miss even the wildcard.

Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sfout:
Yes. We had a soft stretch. We were destined to be fighting for the wildcard spots this year. We'll be likely to finish 11-5 this year.

I could see maybe worse. We could be 10 - 6. We probably slip up in another game. The offense is just so bad. Somebody could beat us that is unexpected easily the way we are playing.

St. Louis

But seriously, looking at the schedule we've got 2, maybe three tough road games coming up, plus Seattle at home and you know that Seattle is in the Niner's head's now. Unless the offense plays better we could miss even the wildcard.

My interpretation on the state of this team is that we really need to get back to the core of the west coast offense, I don't now what happened to the 5 yard slants, the quick release plays that will make opposing teams scared to blitz us. I know Kaep likes to get out and run, but what separated players like joe montana/steve young from the rest, was that they could get the ball out quickly, leading a team, interpreting quickly where the team needed to go, and executing almost instantly analyzing the apposing defense and being able to dissect them on a fly. Kaep can probably throw a ball 70-75 yards, Montana could throw the ball at a maximum of 45 yards, maybe Kaep instead of trying to hit the long bomb at one time, maybe make it into a progression, that will open up the long bomb at some point.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
One Of Those Questions I Don't FeeL Comfortable Answering Without Looking At The Tape.
typical San Diego the sky is falling thread.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Antix:

I keep wondering where the playcalling from the GB game went. What happened to those formations?

The defenses are learning at a geometric rate and they've adjusted to Kap.
Originally posted by susweel:

Do you see this offense as good or playoff worthy?
You bet, season is over and the 49ers are total pretenders!

[/sarcasm]
It's this simple at this rate we will beat the soft push over teams and get our ass kicked by playoff caliber teams if there's no change where one and done in the wild card round or divisional round. We cant pass on good D's haven't been able to all season. With out a improvement there we have no chance. What a shame to since Gore and the Defense are playing SuperBowl Caliber. I don't think Crabtree coming back will make a big difference.To change this season around Kaepernick and the WR's and offensive staff need to have a meeting and change up entirely everything they been doing so far.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:

Do you see this offense as good or playoff worthy?

Is Carolina's offense much better? I mean, really. They scored one more point than us. And the Colts only scored 8 points at home to the Rams.

The 49ers have some improving to do if we are to make a serious run in the playoffs...but the 49ers are absolutely playoff worthy.
As long as we can continue to not abandoned the run, we are a threat to any team. Even New Orleans who's defense is not that great. Its when we abandon the run is when were bad. As a matter of fact, we do need to abandon the pistol formation
LMAO. I love the overreaction.