LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Are we the WORST 6 - 3 team in the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we the WORST 6 - 3 team in the NFL?

IMO we have a record that has masked drastic weaknesses. We had a soft spot in the schedule in which we went on a run. But we get owned by almost every good team we play. And Kaep just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. He had literally 1 good game this year. That's it. Our WR's are garbage. The TE situation is shaky with VD hurt. The box is getting stacked more and more since teams know we can't pass. We are a one read and done team. Try to run and play defense and beat bad teams.

There is simply no way this team could hold up in the playoffs right now. They would be one and done if they even make it.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Yes. We had a soft stretch. We were destined to be fighting for the wildcard spots this year. We'll be likely to finish 11-5 this year.
Originally posted by sfout:
Yes. We had a soft stretch. We were destined to be fighting for the wildcard spots this year. We'll be likely to finish 11-5 this year.

I could see maybe worse. We could be 10 - 6. We probably slip up in another game. The offense is just so bad. Somebody could beat us that is unexpected easily the way we are playing.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Among teams with 6+ wins, I still put us ahead of Cincy and Detroit.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I could see maybe worse. We could be 10 - 6. We probably slip up in another game. The offense is just so bad. Somebody could beat us that is unexpected easily the way we are playing.

St. Louis

But seriously, looking at the schedule we've got 2, maybe three tough road games coming up, plus Seattle at home and you know that Seattle is in the Niner's head's now. Unless the offense plays better we could miss even the wildcard.
Originally posted by vaden:
Among teams with 6+ wins, I still put us ahead of Cincy and Detroit.

Not sure if I would put us ahead of the Bengals. Maybe Detroit.
Originally posted by trogdor:

St. Louis

But seriously, looking at the schedule we've got 2, maybe three tough road games coming up, plus Seattle at home and you know that Seattle is in the Niner's head's now. Unless the offense plays better we could miss even the wildcard.

I honestly could see missing a wildcard too and missing the playoffs. The offense is just so bad it's an absolute joke at this point.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Good question, let's see, there are now four 6 and 3 teams and they are :

• 9ers
  • Panthers
  • Colts
  • Lions

Well, for sure we are not the best. I am thinking whether we can still beat the Lions. But, without a passing game is hard to say.

Or just let me say this, not until we can have a bonafide passing game again, yes it is possible we could well be the worst although I feel there might be a chance we can still beat the Lions, just.

St. Louis

In Kap's head. We were 3-0 against them in the Harbaugh era, now with Kap starting 0-2 with big blowout losses. He gets flustered by good defenses

No, but the offense is easily one of the worst in the NFL.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

St. Louis

I honestly could see missing a wildcard too and missing the playoffs. The offense is just so bad it's an absolute joke at this point.

Even if we beat the Hawks at home, IF, we still have to beat the Saints and Skins in their house and I don't know if we can win both. If we lose them both on the road in the next 2 weeks, I think we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No, but the offense is easily one of the worst in the NFL.

Think of the explosiveness if Brees, Brady, or Manning had our roster. Will one of them could have had it.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We are the worst passing 6-3 team. That's it. People are taking this way too far. When you only give up 10 points in a game, you're supposed to win.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
We are the worst passing 6-3 team. That's it. People are taking this way too far. When you only give up 10 points in a game, you're supposed to win.

Getting Crabs back doesn't look like it will help
Share 49ersWebzone