LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Good Bad Terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I wonder what would have happened if we decided to go for it on 4th down at the 2 yard line, are we still b***hing

Of course, win or loss, long-term you can't make it playing offense like that.
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
What's terrible is that we can kiss any hope of winning the division good-bye. Now the focus should be on getting a wild-card spot and getting guys healthy.

Let's not kid ourselves, we know what type of teams give our offense trouble. Any tough, disciplined defense will s**t all over our offense. Seattle is going to kill this offense once again unless the level of play improves.

The thing about seattle is their run defense sucks and their pass defense is extraordinary, but ever since we switched from Alex to Kaep, our coaches think we can just throw the ball whenever the f**k we want and we cant. Especially against that team. If we run the ball and stick to it, we should win that game in SF. Then whenever playoffs come, it may be good to be a wildcard team, being that they seem to be the only teams winning it since 2010.

True. But we had success running the ball today too. It didn't matter because we had nothing going in the pass game. We strive for balance, but today was the anti-thesis of that, even with Gore in a groove early on.
Overall bad is the Niners played 4 good teams all sesson and lose 3 of them.
Originally posted by lamontb:

That just can't be good.
I'm done with the "no WRs" "bad WRs" "nobody's getting open" excuse.
Good- Skuta and Brooks were outstanding. Gore was dicing up that high ranked Panther run defense.

Bad- Eric Reid and Vernon Davis concussions. Only 4 carries for Gore in the second half, thanks to Greg Roman.

Ugly- 46 yards passing, 2-13 on on third downs. Kaep was terrible and so was the pass protection no other way around it.
[ Edited by SFrush on Nov 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM ]

and we played three of those teams at home. We're such b***hasses
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
I'm done with the "no WRs" "bad WRs" "nobody's getting open" excuse.

Those are KaEXCUSES #1 and #2 and #3. There are many, many more on the WZ.....
O line is way over-rated. Especially in pass protection.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Iupati is way over-rated. Especially in pass protection.

*fixed

Originally posted by pdizo916:

and we played three of those teams at home. We're such b***hasses

This offense can't get it done vs top competition basically sums it up.
The Niners came out for the second half with not one revision. The Panthers found the out and burned the Niners in the second half. Kaep has regressed and the NFL has caught up with him. They can still win with him. Manningham can do. The defense was excellent, the Panthers had the ball near midfield on every possession in the second half and came away with one field goal. Just get to the BIG Dance, everybody is 0-0.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Iupati is way over-rated. Especially in pass protection.

*fixed

In terms of adjusted yards per run per Football Outsiders, they were ranked 28th before this week with 3.51. It is not just one guy, the unit sucks. Statistically they are better at pass protection, but not against good D's like Seattle and Carolina. The notion that we have a great O line is a myth.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
My Take;

GOOD:

Skuta played excellent
Brooks played excellent
The D as a whole played their asses off
Dobbs had his best game ever
Ground game was solid but it needed support from even a mediocre passing game and didn't even get that.

BAD:

Play calling was "Vomit Worthy" - Roman had 2 weeks to prepare for this and he had an Epic Fail
Kap was running for his life - that's on the OLine - they failed.
Kap wasn't accurate on many throws

TERRIBLE:

Did I mention Roman? So what, he really sucKed!
2 Concussions for Reid in one season. This is scary
Concussion to Vernon
Lack of WR

I know everyone has their own.

Practical Realistic Solutions? Please add you positive ideas.

Vomit worthy...yeah that sums it up !!! play calling was" what the f@#k???" ,,no adjustments what so ever..

The o-line was beyond terrible..
Kaep had no rhythm even while trying to run he looked out of sync ,...The O looked unprepared and not ready to play Or possibly the 9ers were already looking past carolina and thinking about new orleans....what ever the case it sucked
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Hello to you Marvin if you read this.

But I'm looking forward to Marvin's thoughts about the game, very happy he has stopped the career length stats analysis of Kap and will have to focus on this 1 game.
Share 49ersWebzone