There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

We've all seen what Kaep and these 49ers can do when they are playing with fire. I'm not worried at all.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
49ers just took the Panthers defense for granted. Then coming off a bye, just too relax. Then lack fo recievers, bland play calling and little adjustment during halftime.
But, 49ers will be fine. It's a good wake-up call lost.

Eh...Seattle was supposed to be a wake up call. Indy was supposed to be a wake up call. How many wake up calls do we need? We in a coma or something?
QB
lack of blocking?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

At a press conference Friday night, the 49ers formally introduced Jim Harbaugh as their new head coach alongside new general manager Trent Baalke. After the formalities were over, the San Francisco media asked Harbaugh what sort of offense he's bringing to the Bay Area. "We will install the West Coast offense in San Francisco, birthplace of the West Coast offense," he answered.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/07/harbaugh-we-will-install-the-west-coast-offense/

This b******t is not the WCO or even close.

To their credit, Harbaugh did tell the truth. He has installed the WCO. He never said his offense would be 100% WCO, he installed elements of it and nothing more.

Classic Harbaugh, answer with a half-truth.
I watched the Walsh offense for 15+ years and what Harbaugh is running is NOTHING like the Walsh (WCO) offense. NOTHING. I can't think of a single series of plays that look like WCO. To start, the WCO relied on multiple passing options with receivers and QB reading the defense and adjusting on the fly. In the Harbaugh offense there is only one Anointed Receiver and it all depends on the pre-snap read. Nowhere does that occur in the WCO.

Harbaugh answered with what people wanted to hear and with the assumption the fans had forgotten what the WCO really looked like. He was wrong.

I'd really like to know the reasoning behind this one read offense. Do the coaches truly believe this can be successful at the NFL level or is it a bigger problem, say Kaepernick's limitations. The offense Roman ran before more closely resembled a WCO than this. Alex went through progressions and eventually checked down. If this is a problem with Kaepernick's abilities, a change needs to be made. The offense simply can't function at this level.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Eh...Seattle was supposed to be a wake up call. Indy was supposed to be a wake up call. How many wake up calls do we need? We in a coma or something?

ask the guy who has 2 options. go with the winning play calling or go with the losing play calling and for the 3rd time has went with the losing play calling.

there's literally like 1 folder that says win and 1 that says lose and he says "well i think i can turn this lose into a win this week let's give it a shot"
49ers just took the Panthers defense for granted. Then coming off a bye, just too relax. Then lack fo recievers, bland play calling and little adjustment during halftime.

49ers can't win every damn game. Be realistic!!!
Explain how Cleveland beats Steelers and Ravens, then Ravens beat Bengals. Then Rams beats colts. Hmmm

I don't expect to win every game. But this is the 3rd time this year that our offense was completely shut down. No pulse whatsoever. It was like The Walking Dead out there.

49ers just won 5 in row before this lost. Geez, and Panthers barely won. Colts lost to pathetic lambs. Explain that.
49ers just won 5 in row before this lost. Geez, and Panthers barely won. Colts lost to pathetic lambs. Explain that.

explain our EX-QB 9-0 .......................................

I don't expect to win every game. But this is the 3rd time this year that our offense was completely shut down. No pulse whatsoever. It was like The Walking Dead out there.

It's called taking the team for granted and still on vacation mode from a bye. It happens. It happens to me when I go back to work from a vacation.

I hear you man. It's just the words "wake up call" that got me. When I think wake up call, I think of that one game that was a slap in the face that inspired change. Well, we've been slapped in the face 3 times now. Not only were they losses, our offense was reduced to rubble. That's not a wake up call, that's a problem.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

explain our EX-QB 9-0 .......................................

Have you been watching the Chiefs? Defense score tons of game and Alex doesn't throw down field. Alex is a nice man, but Kaep is way better by 5 years.

I hear you man. It's just the words "wake up call" that got me. When I think wake up call, I think of that one game that was a slap in the face that inspired change. Well, we've been slapped in the face 3 times now. Not only were they losses, our offense was reduced to rubble. That's not a wake up call, that's a problem.

They will be fine. the 49ers just got to hang up with that Stanford game like play the last five games then took a bye when they were rolling. They will be fine.