There are 39 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Originally posted by thl408:
A lot of us mention the lack of slant patterns, but a few are run. The route I never see is utilized is the crossing route. Honest question, when was the last time the 49ers completed a crossing route? Any idea why they never run crossing routes? It seems like a high percentage play with possible RAC.

they ran one sunday the first one I have seen this year however it was called back they called a pick on Anquan
Originally posted by thl408:
A lot of us mention the lack of slant patterns, but a few are run. The route I never see is utilized is the crossing route. Honest question, when was the last time the 49ers completed a crossing route? Any idea why they never run crossing routes? It seems like a high percentage play with possible RAC.

Remember the days of the crossing pattern using the ref as a shield? Ohhh, those worked every time!
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 13, 2013 at 8:25 AM ]
Krap. Fo sho.
Originally posted by SF9er05:
Originally posted by thl408:
A lot of us mention the lack of slant patterns, but a few are run. The route I never see is utilized is the crossing route. Honest question, when was the last time the 49ers completed a crossing route? Any idea why they never run crossing routes? It seems like a high percentage play with possible RAC.

they ran one sunday the first one I have seen this year however it was called back they called a pick on Anquan

It was a great result without the penalty of course just need to work on timing of play but effective imo and add more screens
Kap's inexperience/consistency to go through multiple reads
Kap was given elite status without actually proving he could be a pocket passer, defense reader, or even the ability to perform under big time pressure. Now that the league has exposed how to keep his running in check, on to step two??? The question is who is that guy on the bench that is going to push him to the next level, Colt McCoy. I think not. Jim Harbaugh didn't gain success on this team in spite of Alex Smith. He did it with the help of a quarterback that had been through many trials and experiences on a professional level. He could read defenses better than Kap and was cooler under pressure. Get Kap to that level and maybe you get consistency. Until then the super bowl is just talk. Some guys have all the talent in that world but they just never get it. Kap should stop kissing his muscles and start kissing some lessons on the sidelines like the elite ones do.
Originally posted by REALISTIC:
Kap was given elite status without actually proving he could be a pocket passer, defense reader, or even the ability to perform under big time pressure. Now that the league has exposed how to keep his running in check, on to step two??? The question is who is that guy on the bench that is going to push him to the next level, Colt McCoy. I think not. Jim Harbaugh didn't gain success on this team in spite of Alex Smith. He did it with the help of a quarterback that had been through many trials and experiences on a professional level. He could read defenses better than Kap and was cooler under pressure. Get Kap to that level and maybe you get consistency. Until then the super bowl is just talk. Some guys have all the talent in that world but they just never get it. Kap should stop kissing his muscles and start kissing some lessons on the sidelines like the elite ones do.

Dude we went to the SB just last season! With the same QB!
Originally posted by REALISTIC:
Kap was given elite status without actually proving he could be a pocket passer, defense reader, or even the ability to perform under big time pressure. Now that the league has exposed how to keep his running in check, on to step two??? The question is who is that guy on the bench that is going to push him to the next level, Colt McCoy. I think not. Jim Harbaugh didn't gain success on this team in spite of Alex Smith. He did it with the help of a quarterback that had been through many trials and experiences on a professional level. He could read defenses better than Kap and was cooler under pressure. Get Kap to that level and maybe you get consistency. Until then the super bowl is just talk. Some guys have all the talent in that world but they just never get it. Kap should stop kissing his muscles and start kissing some lessons on the sidelines like the elite ones do.

lmao

we need a separate category of niner fans who think kaps failures is due to his "sideline behavior".

just can't make this s**t up
OK then how about his on the field play? The defenses have an answer, where is the play to counter that?
Originally posted by REALISTIC:
OK then how about his on the field play? The defenses have an answer, where is the play to counter that?

Like I said, Kap struggles with consistently going through his progressions and not taking the checkdown when it's there, he stares down the pass rush once his first read isn't open. Only more experience and coaching will make him better at this. He's going to struggle from time to time, something we have to deal with.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lmao

we need a separate category of niner fans who think kaps failures is due to his "sideline behavior".

just can't make this s**t up

I had to turn off KNBR yesterday when someone mentioned that.
Originally posted by SF9er05:
Originally posted by thl408:
A lot of us mention the lack of slant patterns, but a few are run. The route I never see is utilized is the crossing route. Honest question, when was the last time the 49ers completed a crossing route? Any idea why they never run crossing routes? It seems like a high percentage play with possible RAC.

they ran one sunday the first one I have seen this year however it was called back they called a pick on Anquan

That was one of those anointed reciever plays where everyone blocked for Ham. I suppose that counts, but I meant a crossing route as part of a play with multiple possible reads. I just cannot remember a time this season that has happened. Especially when counting just the wide receivers position.
Was Kaep the 6th QB taken in the draft for a reason? Sure the hell is looking like it. I know our receivers aren't great but we have had a MUCH MUCH WORSE group of receivers on this team in years past with worse quarterbacks who were still able to put up 200 yards passing a game consistently. Trading Alex and keeping Krappernick has turned out to be a sh*t decision.
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Was Kaep the 6th QB taken in the draft for a reason? Sure the hell is looking like it. I know our receivers aren't great but we have had a MUCH MUCH WORSE group of receivers on this team in years past with worse quarterbacks who were still able to put up 200 yards passing a game consistently. Trading Alex and keeping Krappernick has turned out to be a sh*t decision.

we also didnt have greg roman calling plays...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Was Kaep the 6th QB taken in the draft for a reason? Sure the hell is looking like it. I know our receivers aren't great but we have had a MUCH MUCH WORSE group of receivers on this team in years past with worse quarterbacks who were still able to put up 200 yards passing a game consistently. Trading Alex and keeping Krappernick has turned out to be a sh*t decision.

we also didnt have greg roman calling plays...

That's right we had Jimmy Raye and Jim Hostler. Those guys were just as bad if not worse. Roman's offense is offensive I admit that. But Kaep ultimately is the one missing receivers by either throwing inaccurate passes, poor reads, or just not pulling the trigger at the right time, and making poor choices. Not all Kaep's fault, but he deserves a huge chunk of the blame. That's what happens when you're the QB.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home