There are 254 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 17)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope we win, but I'm amazed at how good Palmer is playing. Should be a good game.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Brock, Reid, and Willis with picks this Sunday.
Funny thing thing is you could be right

They better all be pick-sixes. Not that I don't think the offense can score points, they will, I just want to see the niners put a 50-burger on the scoreboard.

Then again, let's save that for our "glorified practices" with the seahawks.

U guys really think it'll be that easy? I think the Cards are going to bring their best, and Palmer won't throw as much picks playing at home.

Its not going to be easy, but this is a game we should win. Were a better team. Plus, we have the Cardinals number. Were 8-1 in our last 9 meetings with AZ.

If you look back to our game in week 6, we shouldve won by alot more than 12 pts. In the first quarter, we had the ball in the red zone twice, and SHOULD have scored TD's both time, but settled for chip shot FG's. We beat ourselves for the first part of that game, and still won by nearly 2 TD's.

The final couldve been 40-20 if we had a better red zone attack. I still cant figure out how we didnt score off that Reid INT.

Different story now with AZ playing better, and being at home, but we just seem to have their number. Plus the X-Factor for this game is back and healthy. Michael Crabtree OWNS Patrick Peterson, and he wasnt healthy in week 6. If we can capitalize in the red zone this time, I think we win this one by a TD or more.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by mayo49:
I hope we win, but I'm amazed at how good Palmer is playing. Should be a good game.

If he hadn't thrown as many interceptions as touchdowns, he would be one of the better QB's in the league. The Card fans must cringe every time he drops back.

Niners favored by only 1

Seattle favored by 10.5
Niners 20
Cards 13
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners 20
Cards 13

that may be about right, it should be a meat grinder game . we need to play well on the road to get us in that mode for our first playoff game. lets not go soft on either side of the ball sunday
Originally posted by cciowa:
Niners 20
Cards 13

that may be about right, it should be a meat grinder game . we need to play well on the road to get us in that mode for our first playoff game. lets not go soft on either side of the ball sunday

I think there's still going to be some small psychological letdown by the Niners as they know they're winning...

Here's an interesting scenario:

The Cardinals can only play get in if TB beats NO & ARI beats SF. Everyone's going to be scoreboard watching whether they say it or not. NO is crushing TB, I'm sure the Cards will get down psychologically and make more errors and throw away the game. On the other hand, if TB is playing lights out, the Cards will be on fire against us. In that scenario, they both TB and ARI could win and we'd still be the 5th seed because of our tiebreaker with the Cardinals.

So we REALLY want the Cards to be scoreboard watching, it will dictate their game a lot.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Hey open question to all.

So I know the Tards run defense is stout and they slowed down Lynch. And a fair number think that Gore/Niners will also have trouble. I was wondering if someone could break down the Niners run blocking schemes and how they set up the runs versus how the Seachickens do it. To compare and contrast to see how the Niner run game could gain more success against the Tards.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Niners 20
Cards 13

I think there's still going to be some small psychological letdown by the Niners as they know they're winning...

The Cardinals can only play get in if TB beats NO & ARI beats SF. Everyone's going to be scoreboard watching whether they say it or not. NO is crushing TB, I'm sure the Cards will get down psychologically and make more errors and throw away the game. On the other hand, if TB is playing lights out, the Cards will be on fire against us. In that scenario, they both TB and ARI could win and we'd still be the 5th seed because of our tiebreaker with the Cardinals.

So we REALLY want the Cards to be scoreboard watching, it will dictate their game a lot.
this is the only game i find myself going soft on. i guess i am just happy to be in the playoffs i do not care about sunday. that is wrong of me because you play to win the game, you never let up and i guess we could still improve our post season situation. after the thrilling win monday i can understand the niners have issues focusing on sunday. on one hand its not a throw away,, on the other hand we are in the playoffs so i really find myself not caring about this game

Palmer thrives on the deep ball and vs teams who play man. Sooner or later, vs zone, Palmer is going to eff up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i was hoping we could leave roman up in the arch when we went to st louis, i was hoping we could leave him in london so sunday i am hoping the team can leave him in the desert after the game, win or lose
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Brock, Reid, and Willis with picks this Sunday.
Funny thing thing is you could be right

They better all be pick-sixes. Not that I don't think the offense can score points, they will, I just want to see the niners put a 50-burger on the scoreboard.

Then again, let's save that for our "glorified practices" with the seahawks.

U guys really think it'll be that easy? I think the Cards are going to bring their best, and Palmer won't throw as much picks playing at home.

Its not going to be easy, but this is a game we should win. Were a better team. Plus, we have the Cardinals number. Were 8-1 in our last 9 meetings with AZ.

If you look back to our game in week 6, we shouldve won by alot more than 12 pts. In the first quarter, we had the ball in the red zone twice, and SHOULD have scored TD's both time, but settled for chip shot FG's. We beat ourselves for the first part of that game, and still won by nearly 2 TD's.

The final couldve been 40-20 if we had a better red zone attack. I still cant figure out how we didnt score off that Reid INT.

Different story now with AZ playing better, and being at home, but we just seem to have their number. Plus the X-Factor for this game is back and healthy. Michael Crabtree OWNS Patrick Peterson, and he wasnt healthy in week 6. If we can capitalize in the red zone this time, I think we win this one by a TD or more.

Geldnt, but Palmer is a "I am going to help the other team by throwing the ball to them" he is a 2nd string QB, does not read the field well the past years.
Not sure if any one has mentioned this but Crabtree is Petersons B*tch he has owned him pretty much every game hes played against him in the NFL. Crabtree might be the difference this sunday. Niners have to win this game Arizona will be pumped after beating SEA. last week and there still hanging on to there play off hopes. If the Niners can win anything is possible about us winning the division, Also a 6 game win streak heading into the post season doesn't hurt either.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Niners 20
Cards 13

this is the only game i find myself going soft on. i guess i am just happy to be in the playoffs i do not care about sunday. that is wrong of me because you play to win the game, you never let up and i guess we could still improve our post season situation. after the thrilling win monday i can understand the niners have issues focusing on sunday. on one hand its not a throw away,, on the other hand we are in the playoffs so i really find myself not caring about this game

I think there are a lot of fans (and probably some players) that feel the same. Especially how Monday's game ended, there's bound to be an emotional letdown.

But...

If the Rams are actually playing well, and we see that on the scoreboard, that may entice us to keep at it.

NFL... this is the most exciting week 17 I can remember. Schedule makers are doing it right!
Share 49ersWebzone