There are 199 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 17)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're going to need Vernon to show up this week. He had a bad game and Im not sure what it was. Was he having concussion symptoms or was he just out of it? We dont know but he cant play like that this week and throughout the playoffs.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
WTF happened to Justin Smith?? I didn't see any push by him all night. Its as if he either didn't give full effort or he's getting really old or he's way too tired.

Harbaugh told the guys not to bust nuts prior to this game... Justin must have said "f*** it" ... and that he did
Originally posted by LVJay:
F*** dude, I'm really starting to hate birds n s**t

CAWKS / Falcons / Cards / Ravens ....

Eagles
and Vance McDonald is trash, we need to try our luck for another TE in the draft. Dude doesnt block that well, cant catch the ball and him falling down on a open pass was one of the most pathetic things Ive seen in the NFL this year. Seattle got the better TE out of Rice 3 round later
Originally posted by xela510:
We're going to need Vernon to show up this week. He had a bad game and Im not sure what it was. Was he having concussion symptoms or was he just out of it? We dont know but he cant play like that this week and throughout the playoffs.

He was definitely being held with some mystery injury in the 2nd Qtr. Just a bad game for him. He'll bounce back fine.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by LVJay:
F*** dude, I'm really starting to hate birds n s**t

CAWKS / Falcons / Cards / Ravens ....

Eagles

Man, I hope the Cowgirls eliminate them from the playoffs on Sunday (even w/out Romo)...
and Vance McDonald is trash, we need to try our luck for another TE in the draft. Dude doesnt block that well, cant catch the ball and him falling down on a open pass was one of the most pathetic things Ive seen in the NFL this year. Seattle got the better TE out of Rice 3 round later

made a great block on the boldin td
and Vance McDonald is trash, we need to try our luck for another TE in the draft. Dude doesnt block that well, cant catch the ball and him falling down on a open pass was one of the most pathetic things Ive seen in the NFL this year.

Give me a break with this nonsense. McDonald is fine and he had a hell of a block that set Boldin free for that touchdown. How many catches did VD have? He didn't have a good game but to blast the guy for missing one catch is pretty asinine. He's fine, as he develops he'll contribute more. I'm amazed at those who expect these guys to be instant superstars. Delanie Walker took awhile to become a regular contributor on offense, McDonald will be just fine.

"Seattle got the better TE out of Rice 3 round later"

Yeah, I'm sorry, this is even worse than your previous comments. Wilson has no skills as a TE, certainly not blocking ability. He's fast...and that's about it. Take away those 2 big catches against the 49ers on broken coverages and he has basically the same stats as McDonald without similar upside. McDonald has been close on some big plays, he can get open downfield, he just needs regular targets. In the long-term, he's going to be a very good player for the 49ers.

Seriously, what is it with this place and all the hyper-reactive people just pulling stuff out of their butt?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I saw that but he's not consistent with the blocking. He grades negatively almost every week on PFF.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He was definitely being held with some mystery injury in the 2nd Qtr. Just a bad game for him. He'll bounce back fine.

It was no mystery injury, he got poked hard in the eye, they had him on the sidelines, running eye wash over that eye, it was bad enough that he was struggling with his vision. If a receiver can't see, he can't catch, that simple.

Im not going to say the Falcons are a good team, because they aren't, but keep in mind they were playing for their jobs, all of them. Their owner was pacing the sidelines ffs, lookin like he was just waiting for someone to fire. If that doesnt get you motivated then nothing will. Also we didnt have any edge on D tonight, and Ryan is the type of QB that may always give our D trouble, especially if we refuse to bring pressure. He's a Brady type, stand and deliver quickly short to intermediate routes, the guy is a dam good QB and played great tonight. The quick passing game is a weakness of our defense and our game plan should be revised if we face another QB who is good at utilizing it.
[ Edited by ninerhippy on Dec 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
and Vance McDonald is trash, we need to try our luck for another TE in the draft. Dude doesnt block that well, cant catch the ball and him falling down on a open pass was one of the most pathetic things Ive seen in the NFL this year.

Give me a break with this nonsense. McDonald is fine and he had a hell of a block that set Boldin free for that touchdown. How many catches did VD have? He didn't have a good game but to blast the guy for missing one catch is pretty asinine. He's fine, as he develops he'll contribute more. I'm amazed at those who expect these guys to be instant superstars. Delanie Walker took awhile to become a regular contributor on offense, McDonald will be just fine.

"Seattle got the better TE out of Rice 3 round later"

Yeah, I'm sorry, this is even worse than your previous comments. Wilson has no skills as a TE, certainly not blocking ability. He's fast...and that's about it. Take away those 2 big catches against the 49ers on broken coverages and he has basically the same stats as McDonald without similar upside. McDonald has been close on some big plays, he can get open downfield, he just needs regular targets. In the long-term, he's going to be a very good player for the 49ers.

Seriously, what is it with this place and all the hyper-reactive people just pulling stuff out of their butt?

Vance is a rookie. Give him time.
Luke Wilson grades -3.9 on run blocking

Vance McDonald -4.9 on run blocking

Luke has proven to already be better at catching the ball.

I dont want to hear all this other stuff Vance can do that Luke cant lmao.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It was no mystery injury, he got poked hard in the eye, they had him on the sidelines, running eye wash over that eye, it was bad enough that he was struggling with his vision. If a receiver can't see, he can't catch, that simple.

Ahh Ok. Thanks. Must have missed it. I was way too drunk while watching this game lol.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I saw that but he's not consistent with the blocking. He grades negatively almost every week on PFF.

omg ohh noo
Share 49ersWebzone