LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 130 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 17)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Don't wanna be beaten in a racist desert wasteland.

Washington's elected officials approve this message.
Originally posted by verb1der:
U guys really think it'll be that easy? I think the Cards are going to bring their best, and Palmer won't throw as much picks playing at home.
I don't there will be anything easy about playing a tough division rival in their home with playoff implications on the line ... but ... Palmer is gonna Palmer. We should be able to capitalize as Kap aint short like Wilson so he can step up and throw from the pocket if need be and we ain't trotting out Baldwin Tate and Willson as receivers either
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

Washington's elected officials approve this message.
Its tough when an entire group of people get a bad rap based off the actions of an outspoken few
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM ]

^this
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Another tough game, but we need to get the win!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Brock, Reid, and Willis with picks this Sunday.
Funny thing thing is you could be right

They better all be pick-sixes. Not that I don't think the offense can score points, they will, I just want to see the niners put a 50-burger on the scoreboard.

Then again, let's save that for our "glorified practices" with the seahawks.

U guys really think it'll be that easy? I think the Cards are going to bring their best, and Palmer won't throw as much picks playing at home.

I think it'll be a cute contest. The team that plays the cutest will lose.

lets try not to be the kitten walking on the cactus

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Dec 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM ]
  • ace52
  • Veteran
To be honest, I think this will be our toughest test of the season outside of the 2 SEA games. We are playing a very good team fighting for their playoff lives in their stadium. That Cards D is legit.
A loss would not be the end of the world. If the Cards make it in, it would actually be another team that has a good chance of beating the Hawks in their yard. That is always a good thing. My worry is injuries. Just hope both teams come out of the game injury free.
The Cards D is going to play us exactly like they played SEA last week. They put a spy on Lynch and had a LB on him the moment he touched the ball....I think he got 28 yds. CArds D plan is to put a spy on Frank and whenever he touches the ball they will someone on him immediately. If we put frank in motion and the LB follows, that leaves a nice hole in the middle. Maybe see Dix run in holes after fake to frank. Also WCO of 4-6 yds/ pass should work well if LB follows frank to edge of field.
w-w-w-w-w-?

i think we should lose then win 4 straight to win the superbowl.

Originally posted by niner4ever12:
w-w-w-w-w-?

i think we should lose then win 4 straight to win the superbowl.

Well if we are going to the streak thing again that means we lose this game. As with last year the streak resets for the playoffs so we win one then lose. :(
They are favored by 3
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
They are favored by 3

standard home field advantage--means they think these teams are evenly matched
This will be a huge-a** dogfight. Arizona's only hope of making the playoffs is to win Sunday and even then need N.O. to lose at home to TB, a slim chance of happening. Bucs need a better draft pick worse than beating the Saints and just don't have the balls to do it. Sunday is do-or-die for the Tards and almost that for the Niners. Harbaugh's mindset is the stakes are too high so it's a must-win.
Gonna be a SUPER hard hitting game, cross yer fingers no damn injuries. Then we come out on top in a close one, their front 7 are just too good for a high scoring game and probably go to Packer land the following week for yet...another Pecker beat-down!! Don't see the Hag's losing this one, it's way too big a game for them..however I sure as hell hope so!!

NINERS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone