LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 453 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 17)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As a late christmas present for everyone I'll have an analysis of the Falcons game on Thursday, as well as a scouting report for the Cards either that night or Friday.
card's really do suck. they barely beat the weakhawks, should be a easy win for us
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
As a late christmas present for everyone I'll have an analysis of the Falcons game on Thursday, as well as a scouting report for the Cards either that night or Friday.
Awesome. I look forward to reading this. Thanks.
This team is getting so much better that it's becoming instinctual, they're almost veteran at this point, people think Kap and Bowman going renegade changing plays, but I think it has to do with vetran leadership/learning from past mistakes. -If Kap had done with Gore what he did last night we just might have won the Superbowl.

This team is learning from, and accepting their mistakes, they're believing they can do it again. -You have miracle/freak plays/happenings like this which fuel championship runs. This gets a team hot and confident, nothing more crazy than believing in yourselves.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Over/under for Kaep's passing yards against the Cardinals? I'm hoping he doesn't have another sub 200 yard game, we can count on 1 hand how many times he's thrown for over 200 this season. Also, Arizona completely shut down Marshawn Lynch so I think the game plan should be going more pass heavy to loosen them up.

I dont get this. Every week you are calling for more passing yards, yet every week we run like hell and win. This isnt Denver or the Saints. We run first and set up the pass. Kaep had that huge week in week one against GB, but since then its been 200-250 yards in the air, and beat people on the ground. Seems to be working.

Ill take 50 yards passing in a smash mouth game that ends in a win over 450 passing in a loss any day of the week. It may not be exciting, or make the highlights on SC, but winning and getting back to the dance is what matters, not silly stats.

As for ARI shutting down Skittles, when Wilson had nowhere to throw the ball, they became one dimensional, and taking him away was easier to do. They have a good run D, I'll give them that, but I dont see them shutting down what we do best. The only run D out there that can shut our ground game down, would be our run defense, and we only play them during the work week.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
I dont get this. Every week you are calling for more passing yards, yet every week we run like hell and win. This isnt Denver or the Saints. We run first and set up the pass. Kaep had that huge week in week one against GB, but since then its been 200-250 yards in the air, and beat people on the ground. Seems to be working.

Ill take 50 yards passing in a smash mouth game that ends in a win over 450 passing in a loss any day of the week. It may not be exciting, or make the highlights on SC, but winning and getting back to the dance is what matters, not silly stats.

As for ARI shutting down Skittles, when Wilson had nowhere to throw the ball, they became one dimensional, and taking him away was easier to do. They have a good run D, I'll give them that, but I dont see them shutting down what we do best. The only run D out there that can shut our ground game down, would be our run defense, and we only play them during the work week.

I don't get what's wrong with speculating. I enjoy watching the games, but it is too much to ask for more yards through the air? Our defense makes teams one dimensional, while it seems that our offense is 1 dimensional at times by choice. I'm simply wanting more balance of run vs pass. We are a lot better when our run vs pass play selection is even or close to it. Asking for the passing game to be in top form for the postseason, and Arizona would be a good defense to get it into top form.

I care about us winning, not stats. I'm simply speculating and trying to have some fun. We could have a top flight passing game and running game, but only 1 is top tier at the moment. Asking for improvement. Kaep has been playing much better lately, but he's still missing guys sometimes.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Dec 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM ]
Go 49ers! So ready for Sunday already.
Palmer is good for at least 2 INTs and unlike the Seahawks we will turn those turnovers into points
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Thx bro. Appreciate the time you put in
Brock, Reid, and Willis with picks this Sunday.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Funny thing thing is you could be right
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

They better all be pick-sixes. Not that I don't think the offense can score points, they will, I just want to see the niners put a 50-burger on the scoreboard.

Then again, let's save that for our "glorified practices" with the seahawks.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

They better all be pick-sixes. Not that I don't think the offense can score points, they will, I just want to see the niners put a 50-burger on the scoreboard.

U guys really think it'll be that easy? I think the Cards are going to bring their best, and Palmer won't throw as much picks playing at home.
Don't wanna be beaten in a racist desert wasteland.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

U guys really think it'll be that easy? I think the Cards are going to bring their best, and Palmer won't throw as much picks playing at home.

I think it'll be a cute contest. The team that plays the cutest will lose.
Share 49ersWebzone