LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 17)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You have to wonder why the Falcons even bothered throwing passes after the onside kick, they had the game tying field goal in the bag. They should've protected the ball and ran it up the middle, considering they had some sucess on the ground.

Not complaining tho, but Falcons fans are going nuts about that!

Over/under for Kaep's passing yards against the Cardinals? I'm hoping he doesn't have another sub 200 yard game, we can count on 1 hand how many times he's thrown for over 200 this season. Also, Arizona completely shut down Marshawn Lynch so I think the game plan should be going more pass heavy to loosen them up.
I think we might end up losing this game. Away game. Already clinched. Arizona needed this game more than the Niners. No push over divisional opponent.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I'll say this, if the 49ers defense plays like it did tonight, they will get their arsses handed to them in Phoenix and in the wildcard game. That was an absolute FAIl except for the game and season saving play by Bowman the 2013 DPOY.

Its ok, we are playing Palmer. He's good for at least two ints. Matt Ryan and the falcon's offense isn't too bad, Thier defense is just swiss cheese. We score on a drive with all runs.
crabtree will take peterson to the woodshed. and I heard aldon is bringing a leash and a collar so he can make palmer his b***h.
Maybe posted already but fireworks show after the game. Starts at 3:15, the finale is neat with them shooting them off all around the stadium.

Originally posted by Liono:
One thing the NFL has considered is a 7 team playoff with only the top seed getting a bye. I like it! Additionally, the team with the best record should host the game. You shouldn't get double rewarded for winning a weak division by getting homefield as well.

Fair idea.
Originally posted by verb1der:
You have to wonder why the Falcons even bothered throwing passes after the onside kick, they had the game tying field goal in the bag. They should've protected the ball and ran it up the middle, considering they had some sucess on the ground.

Not complaining tho, but Falcons fans are going nuts about that!

True, but for a 4-11 team, on the road, it's common to try and win it in regulation than go to overtime in a hostile environment.

Thank goodness for that!
One thing the NFL has considered is a 7 team playoff with only the top seed getting a bye. I like it! Additionally, the team with the best record should host the game. You shouldn't get double rewarded for winning a weak division by getting homefield as well.

you have to get something for winning your division. if home games are going to be given out based off reg season records, then just do away with the divisions all together. its a simple concept, win your division and get a home playoff game. for those double digit non division winners that dont like it (2010 saints, 2013 2nd place nfc west teams) too bad, go win more games.
  • dj43
The playoffs start next Sunday in Arizona. We can tell ourselves all kinds of stories but any team that can go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks while turning it over 4 times is a team to be feared.

We can't count on Palmer turning it over that often again. 49ers will have to start fast offensivly (something they haven't done very often) and play well all game long to win.

Originally posted by dj43:
The playoffs start next Sunday in Arizona. We can tell ourselves all kinds of stories but any team that can go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks while turning it over 4 times is a team to be feared.

We can't count on Palmer turning it over that often again. 49ers will have to start fast offensivly (something they haven't done very often) and play well all game long to win.

Agreed, I said in the 'playoff scenarios' thread that the Niners had a 40% of winning. The silver lining in a loss would be a loss by NO, which would allow the Cardinals to be in the playoffs and we'd still get the 5 seed.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Fair idea.

I personally don't like the idea. Besides this year and 2008 season, (where the Pats missed the playoffs at 11-5) each team that missed the playoffs deserved to miss the playoffs IMO. Its quite sad that the saints will probably get in even though the Cards are equally as deserving.
fyi Boldin went over 1,000 yards.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
fyi Boldin went over 1,000 yards.

Two straight years with a WR over 1,000. The curse of T.O. finally lifted for good!
Originally posted by verb1der:
You have to wonder why the Falcons even bothered throwing passes after the onside kick,

Because they had been shredding the (almost) prevent defense that the 49ers were playing all damn night. And they only had about 40 yds or rushing all night. And the pass Ryan made was catch able as well ... the receiver had it in his hands. I am surprised Ryan didn't faint at the sight of an actual blitz
Share 49ersWebzone