There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 16)

• mayo49
  • Veteran
It looked like it was more than just a stinger.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80

Harbaugh on Miller: Won't say anything officially. But we have a pretty good idea. Doesn't look good. It's something he'll heal from. #49ers

Harbaugh on replacing Miller: Possibility of signing Owen Marecic, using Anthony Dixon or getting creative with other guys on the team.

getting creative with other guys on the team is something we shouldve been doing all year. sucks that it took miller getting hurt to realize that. i hope hes back in a few weeks atleast.

I thought it was only a god dam stinger?

you should know by now we're not exactly forthcoming with injury news.
With Miller not likely to play, looks like we use more pistol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
A victory Monday night clinches a playoff spot for us right?

it should if AZ loses too I think

Correct.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
think ur at 12 Coronas by now.

Now they are throwing Chip Kelly's name out there. Who knows what to believe?
Falcons 37
49ers 18

Correct.

If AZ loses Sunday we are in regardless of Monday.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Falcons 37
49ers 18

no way we hold matt ryan to 37 and no way we score 18 on that D with kaepernick starting
Maybe Patton will be activated. The passing game still lacks in a lot of ways and needs to get better.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Maybe Patton will be activated. The passing game still lacks in a lot of ways and needs to get better.

There's no other receivers on the roster, only Boldin, Crabtree and Manningham. Who is this Patton you speak of?
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80

Harbaugh on Miller: Won't say anything officially. But we have a pretty good idea. Doesn't look good. It's something he'll heal from. #49ers

Harbaugh on replacing Miller: Possibility of signing Owen Marecic, using Anthony Dixon or getting creative with other guys on the team.

Bummer!!

could be worse, not like he was a star player or anything but a servicable FB, will only hurt a little if that, will maybe force us to pass more or pistol more which is not a bad thing.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Correct.

If AZ loses Sunday we are in regardless of Monday.

Speaking of AZ I just read that Palmer suffered a high-ankle sprain yesterday. There are different grades of this with some worse than others. Now it's definitely possible he'll start in the season finale but won't he be less mobile than he already is? If he's out we'd get Drew Stanton in 2 weeks. I remember Arians saying back in preseason that Stanton might be the 2013 starter so he's probably not bad.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
could be worse, not like he was a star player or anything but a servicable FB, will only hurt a little if that, will maybe force us to pass more or pistol more which is not a bad thing.

he was a star fb
With Miller's injury, getting McDonald up to speed should be our #1 priority (other than winning the game, of course). We need someone to pick up the slack. Miller has been huge on those roll outs and scramble drills. Hopefully we can get someone up to speed quickly. I actually think Dixon will handle a lot of the duties. He actually has pretty good hands out of the backfield and is a pretty good runner.

Still, I want us to focus on McDonald as I think he'll get a lot of favorable matchups with Davis, Crabtree, and Boldin on the field.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Wright ‏@EWrighteous21

Bout to hit up this Westfield Valley Fair mall and Santana Row.. Christmas shopping!! If u see me, talk to me, I talk back ✌️