LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Falcons downplayed the revenge angle all week before the game, but Douglas and even quarterback Matt Ryan acknowledged that the Falcons really don't care much for the 49ers or their obnoxious and bratty coach Jim Harbaugh.

"We didn't get the outcome that we wanted and it hurts to lose," Douglas said. "But with the 49ers, it's personal. It was personal tonight. It was just one of those games. You never want to lose a game, I don't ever want to lose to the 49ers."People talk about us and the Saints, but the 49ers are right underneath the Saints in my eyes."

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/douglas-involved-in-decisive-bang-bang-play/ncS3s/
Originally posted by darkknight49:
The Falcons downplayed the revenge angle all week before the game, but Douglas and even quarterback Matt Ryan acknowledged that the Falcons really don't care much for the 49ers or their obnoxious and bratty coach Jim Harbaugh.

"We didn't get the outcome that we wanted and it hurts to lose," Douglas said. "But with the 49ers, it's personal. It was personal tonight. It was just one of those games. You never want to lose a game, I don't ever want to lose to the 49ers."People talk about us and the Saints, but the 49ers are right underneath the Saints in my eyes."

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/douglas-involved-in-decisive-bang-bang-play/ncS3s/

All I hear is theyre trying to make it sound like a rivalry when we dont even play them every year. They need to focus on learning how to put a relevant defense together and find someone to fill the giant shoes Gonzalez will be emptying.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Great hit.

Penalty.

Da f**k?

It was clean and it was necessary (to make the pass incomplete).

Stupid, football .

There will never be another Ronnie Lott in today's NFL.
People forget this was Atlanta's Superbowl, it was incredibly downplayed leading up to the game due to the closing of Candlestick, which outweighed that 'storyline'.

There were a lot of former NFC West battles in this game. Boldin vs Trufant (Zona vs Seattle), S-Jax vs 49ers d-line, Mike Nolan. Those chickens**ts had a lot to fight for, nobody should look at this game as some case of 'good team sucking against crap team'.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Aww, Atlanta thinks they're in a rivalry with us. Cute.
Originally posted by pfizz:
tukuafu was killing people out there. it kind of felt unfair.

I was wrong about Tukuafu about this. When I seen him play in the past he would have a hard time finding his assignment or would stand up his defender. Against Atlanta, he was mauling people. The same goes for dixon but Tukuafu was a different type of nasty.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
People forget this was Atlanta's Superbowl, it was incredibly downplayed leading up to the game due to the closing of Candlestick, which outweighed that 'storyline'.

There were a lot of former NFC West battles in this game. Boldin vs Trufant (Zona vs Seattle), S-Jax vs 49ers d-line, Mike Nolan. Those chickens**ts had a lot to fight for, nobody should look at this game as some case of 'good team sucking against crap team'.

That was Desmond Trufant, the rookie, not Marcus Trufant. Him (Desmond) has never faced Boldin although it did look like they have faced off for years
Share 49ersWebzone