LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
It just wasn't a good call.

The resulting movement of SJ betrayed the actual hit, it appeared to be much more brutal than it was.

To see Jackson get up and get in the face of the smaller Whitner was a little...embarrassing.
Originally posted by TyCore:
It just wasn't a good call.

The resulting movement of SJ betrayed the actual hit, it appeared to be much more brutal than it was.

To see Jackson get up and get in the face of the smaller Whitner was a little...embarrassing.

Yeah what a sissy. Offensive players are buying into this crap and making it worse.
matty iceberg dun sunk they're ship. he's really not as good as people make him out to be
Originally posted by outside4949:
matty iceberg dun sunk they're ship. he's really not as good as people make him out to be

He's not top tier but definitely in the second tier imo.
I liked Mat Ryan for a while, but he has gone more and more Romoish
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Matt Ryan kept them in the game all night. He was getting the ball out super quick, which really negated a lot of our pass rush.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Great hit.

Penalty.

Da f**k?

It was clean and it was necessary (to make the pass incomplete).

Stupid, football .
  • dj43
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Ya I don't think they were, completely inexcusable.

its the 1st time all year we've been in that situation.

all year.

so now we learn from it what to do and what not to do and go from there.

Nope. Not buying it. Inexcusable. A 90 year old grandma would have had Crabtree and the entire hands team on field then.

Can't remember the exact play but something like this happened before. Last year if I'm not mistaken. Except we had the hands team in with nobody behind the front wall and the kicking team just lobbed it over the line.

One mistake: We didn't defend the gunners against the Rams and the punter completed an easy pass from deep in their own end. They went on to score in the first tie game.
Maybe posted already but fireworks show after the game. Starts at 3:15, the finale is neat with them shooting them off all around the stadium.

• dj43
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by dj43:
Nice win but concerned about another slow start. I want to see this team start fast and keep it rolling. There is no reason Atlanta should have been in this game at any point.

tru, would be best, but then... ANY WIN IS A GOOD FRICKIN WIN!!!!!

It looked like the 49ers were just mailing this one in. They came out with no fire. No sense of urgency. It looked much like the Atlanta playoff game last year. It was like they thought all they had to do was say "49ers" and the Falcons would fold. Kaepernick was way off on his throws. Even the ones he completed were the result of great catches by the receivers. The OL was just going through the motions.

Same thing happened in the Super Bowl. For some reason, Harbaugh just doesn't seem to be able to get the offense fired up to start games.

For the 49ers, the playoffs start in Arizona next week. There are no more "easy" teams. They will have to be at the top of their game from the first whistle or they will be home watching the Super Bowl on TV.

• TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Matt Ryan kept them in the game all night. He was getting the ball out super quick, which really negated a lot of our pass rush.

I tend to agree. He can't do everything by himself, but he makes me nervous as hell. One of very few QB's that does that to me. I hate him for that, but I won't trash him because of it.

He killed Seattle secondary last year, and marched down on our own vaunted defense like it was nothing.

Only clutch plays by Bowman saved us...twice now.
I for one couldn't ask for a better ending. What a f**king game
Willis 18 total stops wow.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Willis 18 total stops wow.

This game is gonna seal both of our starting MLBs into the Pro Bowl, lol. Brother against brother.
Originally posted by pfizz:
tukuafu was killing people out there. it kind of felt unfair.

yes it did...it looked so unfair that first thing I starting thinking was that other teams might copy and do it to us. He would just eat those little guys up.

I'm still worried his pass protection....he messed up on that one stupid play where we only had Vernon running out for a pass, and had our Olineman at TE running a route.....but man... at least it was hilarious seeing that lineman putting his hands out calling for the ball..lol. Kaep was about to do it too, then must've realized who it was.
Share 49ersWebzone