There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 15)

I am beyond annoyed at our playclock issues.

Could be our achille's heel in the playoffs having to possibly play on the road 3 times in a row to get into the big dance...

Gotta get this fixed ASAP!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Beezy33:

Could be our achille's heel in the playoffs having to possibly play on the road 3 times in a row to get into the big dance...

More than that, it will flat cost the 49ers the game in New Orleans or Seattle ... period. And the frustrating part is this has been a problem not for a game or two, or this season ... but for YEARS. It is an annoyance for most here I know, but if a playoff loss can be directly attributed to this issue the zone may implode.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Dec 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Beezy33:

I have come to the conclusion that it won't be fixed and we just have to work around it.

Hopefully we don't have to play in Seattle.
The worst part of the play clock issues wasn't so much Kaep it was MOFOS NOT LINING UP IN THE GOD @#$% RIGHT POSITION. It annoyed me to no end to watch Kap have to tell grown ass men where they're supposed to be. Kap has too pretty much account for every person on the offense and know where they need to be where as these receivers and TEs only need to know a fraction of that. Really?
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
The worst part of the play clock issues wasn't so much Kaep it was MOFOS NOT LINING UP IN THE GOD @#$% RIGHT POSITION. It annoyed me to no end to watch Kap have to tell grown ass men where they're supposed to be. Kap has too pretty much account for every person on the offense and know where they need to be where as these receivers and TEs only need to know a fraction of that. Really?

It was like he was yelling at children... unbelievable! This annoyed me to no end... i am happy for the win, but i wish we could get a handle on these types of gaffs once and for all... sheesh! Play clocks, alignment... even defensive off-sides... smh.
The play clock issues have one major cause: the time it takes to get the damn play call in. It's taking too damn long, especially with a huddle. It doesn't help when Kap decides to change the damn play with 4 secs left on the play clock either.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Play great on defense and run the ball and then run some more. 49er get the W

I think the 49er running game is highly over-rated. I'd like to se them attack with a short to medium passing game now that they have three good receivers. Maybe after they loosen up Tampa's defense a little then they can run the ball effectively.
Not overrated, they just need to get the running game going before the playoffs begin.

The plays and the blocking schemes are so pedestrian I'm surprised Gore has done as well as he has. You gotta love that guy's heart.
Using up a timeout early in the Super Bowl last Feb was correctly predicted by the commentator (Phil Simms?) to have dire consequences later in the game (which it did, granted the Niners got jobbed by the refs SEVERAL times)

And it's still a problem (along with pointless irrelevant challenges of insignificant plays)
Frank Gore after the game, "We still haven't played our best game yet, that's the scary part."