There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 14)

Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Aside from the momentum being stopped... you couldn't (at least i didn') conclusively see the ball come out prior to his bum hitting the ground.

Anyhow.. was all for not, they blew the whistle making the play non-challenging.

That's not accurate. Even if they blew the whistle, if they can acurately determine through replay that the opposing team recovered the ball, or would have had the whistle not blown, they can overturn the call.


You can't hold a player up and rip the ball out. You can't do it, OK? They call it forward progress. It doesn't matter when the whistle is blown. The forward progress rule is there to prevent people from being help up, and having the ball ripped out, which is exactly what happened.

We had a playoff game against the Giants where the same thing happened. We held the player up, there was a fumble, the whistle blew after, and then they ruled it forward progress.

The rule should be "You can't hold a player up and rip the ball out." The reason that is not the rule, is because there are other reasons for the forward progress rule; preventing injuries, etc. But the MAIN reason for the rule is to prevent players from being held up so the ball can get ripped out.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:04 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The Hawks physical technique (holding) is coming under more and more scrutiny nationally. Finally.


And they are beginning to get penalized for it more. I think they lead the league in penalties. But its still not enough.

Like the old Boston Celtics, if you get away with it every single play, getting called 3-4 times a game is still worth it.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Incorrect. If the whistle is blown for forward progress being stopped, the play is not reviewable, challengeable, or able to be overturned (see: 2011 season NFCCG)


Wrong. The side judge clearly indicated by touching his rear that he ruled Crabtree's butt was on the ground. They only came up with the "forward progress stopped" to cover their mistake. And thank goodness they did, because that should have been called a fumble.
Love Crabtree's toughness but I worry as he is struggling for an extra yard or two if he is going to lose the ball.
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Love Crabtree's toughness but I worry as he is struggling for an extra yard or two if he is going to lose the ball.

He has 1 career fumble in 5 years
Originally posted by BrianGO:
And they are beginning to get penalized for it more. I think they lead the league in penalties. But its still not enough.

Like the old Boston Celtics, if you get away with it every single play, getting called 3-4 times a game is still worth it.

Exactly. I said last season that eventually their pushing the rules envelope will come back to haunt them. Especially when they start getting more recognition nationally and even more so when they start facing these league darling qb's and their pass happy game plans. One or two of these qb's start to complain and they'll be under even more scrutiny.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Love Crabtree's toughness but I worry as he is struggling for an extra yard or two if he is going to lose the ball.

He has 1 career fumble in 5 years

I'm shocked by that stat. I still worry. He fights for every yard which is good but sometimes I wonder if one or two yards is worth the possibility of a turnover.
[ Edited by NineCoronas on Dec 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM ]
The state of Washington is f**king salty.


Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The state of Washington is f**king salty.



Id guarantee seahawks fans also believe the only fans voting are niner fans.
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Incorrect. If the whistle is blown for forward progress being stopped, the play is not reviewable, challengeable, or able to be overturned (see: 2011 season NFCCG)


Wrong. The side judge clearly indicated by touching his rear that he ruled Crabtree's butt was on the ground. They only came up with the "forward progress stopped" to cover their mistake. And thank goodness they did, because that should have been called a fumble.

No. It should have been ruled forward progress. Just like us vs NY. Why try to rewrite the script? The replay clearly shows Crab being held up and stripped. The whistle should have been blown a full second earlier
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The state of Washington is f**king salty.



Id guarantee seahawks fans also believe the only fans voting are niner fans.

they have the most self conscious fan base i swear, i guess thats what happen when your the laughing stock of the nfl for so long, they get a little taste of winning here and there and mind you still no titles, and they think they the best ever and are quick to attack if someone says otherwise.
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
I'm shocked by that stat. I still worry. He fights for every yard which is good but sometimes I wonder if one or two yards is worth the possibility of a turnover.

Yes what he does is he sets a tone of physicality throughout the game. Its what I've called for. If refs won't call the holding and grabbing then we need to push shove and hit back and hit first. Wear out a very frail Dick Sherman
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The state of Washington is f**king salty.



Id guarantee seahawks fans also believe the only fans voting are niner fans.

haha and this looks like the same map when they asked whether fans thought the failmary was b******t. Those guys are delusional and buy each others opinions and regurgitate them without even giving it a second though. Any Shecock that deviates from that thinking ends up posting more on the zone. lol
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
they have the most self conscious fan base i swear, i guess thats what happen when your the laughing stock of the nfl for so long, they get a little taste of winning here and there and mind you still no titles, and they think they the best ever and are quick to attack if someone says otherwise.
You mean like boycotting Beats?
422 pages later