There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 14)

Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i think they were pissed off ever since the sharpie incident.

T.O. loved signing autographs.

(don't know if i can actually post facebook's user real name)

anonymous poster: That was a fumble. ( )
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Dec 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM ]

You know what else was a fumble? That ball Ahmad Bradshaw coughed up late in the NFC title game in 2011 that shouldve won us the game. They blew the whistle as "forward progress stopped" as soon as he was touched. THAT was some real BS, and it probably cost us a ring. If anything that was a small step towards repayment for that horrible call in 2011.
I don't have a problem with the forward progress interpretation.

Fact: Two big seahawk plays to the tight end in 2Q were what gave them points. Both times it looked like Willis had the cover responsibility -- didn't get the chuck at the line, then couldn't keep up. Big plays for them.

Thought: why not sub in lemonhead as a pass cover "sam" for those looks to keep up with mobile te's-- take out one of the other lb's take your pick -- probably willis/bowman, right?

Why not do that? discuss.

that was definitely a fumble. It's not the same as the Bradshaw fumble either. While I do believe Bradshaw fumbled, he was being pushed backwards as the ball was stripped and the refs immediately called it forward progress stopped. Crabs was still moving forward a bit as he was stripped and the initial claim was that his ass hit the floor before the strip, not forward progress stopped. Replace clearly shows his ass was not down so it should've been ruled a fumble. We got lucky there.
When you watch the replay it was clear Crabtree was being held up for the strip. This is why forward progress had been ruled. Same thing happened to us in NFCCG. The whistle should have been blown a full second earlier the broadcast feed and it is clear he was purposely held up by 20? Of the many calls you hear Pete whining about you don't even hear mention of this. What's your deal?
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 10, 2013 at 5:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

You know what else was a fumble? That ball Ahmad Bradshaw coughed up late in the NFC title game in 2011 that shouldve won us the game. They blew the whistle as "forward progress stopped" as soon as he was touched. THAT was some real BS, and it probably cost us a ring. If anything that was a small step towards repayment for that horrible call in 2011.

Not even...in real time, his forward momentum had been stopped for 5 minutes WHILE their defender continued to hold him up and the other try late to strip it. That is WHY they blow the whistles in these situations. BTW: The Bradshaw fumbles absolutely was a fumble IMHO though...WAY too early to "allegibly" blow the whistle.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
When you watch the replay it was clear Crabtree was being held up for the strip. This is why forward progress had been ruled. Same thing happened to us in NFCCG. The whistle should have been blown a full second earlier the broadcast feed and it is clear he was purposely held up by 20? Of the many calls you hear Pete whining about you don't even hear mention of this. What's your deal?

This...if the whistle blew it was d/t forward progress being stopped (nothing to do with his butt). They held him up off the ground. Whistle blew then. And the fact that he's still struggling to get to the ground while holding onto the ball, is a moot point after the whistle. In fact, this is perfect example of WHY they blow plays dead.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This...if the whistle blew it was d/t forward progress being stopped (nothing to do with his butt). They held him up off the ground. Whistle blew then. And the fact that he's still struggling to get to the ground while holding onto the ball, is a moot point after the whistle. In fact, this is perfect example of WHY they blow plays dead.

It's like MRob's cheap-ass hit on KW back in Seattle a while back. Once a ballcarrier "gives himself up," the play is whistled dead. He doesn't even need to be touched. KW just sat down and stayed down during a punt return. Play over. Crab clearly was trying to wrestle himself to the ground. Play over. You don't like it, that's fine, but those are the rules. They put that in so azzholes like butkiss couldn't run up to a downed ballcarrier and try to twist his head off.

His forward progress was stopped. It had nothing to do with if his butt was down.
Originally posted by Wrathman:

His forward progress was stopped. It had nothing to do with if his butt was down.

I would have liked to have seen some of our players clocking those DBs trying to strip the ball. Why let them hold up Crabs like that? If the whistle isn't blown, lay them out!
Originally posted by TlSSER:

Quite a tool collection there.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Quite a tool collection there.

And the least sharpest tool picks us lol
on the crabtree play, its close, he fumbled before going down, but was also held up and maybe forward progress stopped. either way you slice it that play didnt lose the game for seattle. they had many other chances to make plays and didnt. one theme you notice with fans who blame a loss on one particular play, is that their team didnt execute on the whole throughout the course of the game. they never want to add that in to their analysis though, its always about the refs. never hear about it when the refs benefit you and your team wins though.
It wasnt a fumble because it wasnt ruled a fumble, get over it people. I've never seen a fan base dissect a great win with such a debbie downer attitude, get a hobby.