There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 13)

Originally posted by crabman82:
the spread is not meant as a prediction in the final score, its a line set to get equal betting on both sides of the line. if 9.5 is so crazy then it will be bet down during the week.

Yeah, I know. I think the 9.5 is more a reflection of how little people know about the Rams and what they've accomplished the second half of the season.

The Niners will be the toughest team they've played since the Hawks so I'm very excited to see how they do.

Next season, with Rams having 2 1st round picks, and the Cards showing signs of life, this division could be so dominate no one wants to play the West.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
For all the heat the 49ers are taking for blowing up the Redskins, the Bears are just as bad. The Rams are deadly if they get an early lead. Then their defense can do the only thing they're good at and the only thing they want to do and that's rush the passer and celebrate all over the field. Call me crazy but the Rams don't scare me.

Quinn is nasty good but the rest of that defense is crap including Long. He like Clay Mathews. Another one dimensional edge rusher. Good players yes, but for the money they're making they shouldn't be one dimensional players. None of those vaunted St. Louis lineman like to play the run. The Colts and Bears are NOT the 49ers. NOT EVEN CLOSE! This could be a battle but the Ram's last two games don't all of a sudden erase all the s**t performances including the 35-11 shellacking the 49ers already put on the Rams in St. Louis. I don't care if this is short week or not. Bring it Fisher!

Yeah, I guess you're making my point. The Rams are playing heavy run D right now and have been for a while. Quinn, Long, Brokers, Ogletree, are all playing very well against the run.

The Colts running backs had 1 rushing yard.

Bears had 76 from their backs and Forte is running better than Gore.

Oh, and Lynch? 23 yards.
[ Edited by RamzFanz on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM ]
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Anybody knows our record after Monday night games? I know we won last year after Monday night but not too sure about our overall record with Harbs.

The 49ers improved their record on Monday Night Football to 44-25 since the merger, giving San Francisco the 2nd highest winning percentage in the NFL during that span (Sea. - .714) (minimum 15 games).

The 49ers registered their 44th win on Monday Night Football, breaking a tie with Dal. for the most in NFL history. San Francisco also improved to 4-1 all-time against the Redskins in games on Monday night.

The 49ers improved their all-time record against the Redskins to 19-10-1, and 8-7 (2-1 at FedExField) all-time when playing Was. on the road.

The 49ers improved to 9-3 in prime time games under head coach Jim Harbaugh.

This marks the 49ers 5th consecutive win on Monday Night Football.

Harbaugh improved to 4-0 on ESPN's Monday Night Football.

Harbaugh improved his record as a head coach to 6-3-1 in the month of November.

The 49ers improved to 15-7 on the road since head coach Jim Harbaugh took over in 2011, giving Harbaugh the best road win percentage (.682) in the NFL during that span.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/11/26/5146960/49ers-monday-night-football-wins-nfl-history

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. But I was asking for our record on the Sundays after playing Monday nights games. The short week Sundays.
Rams are going to go all out to beat us. They've beaten several winning teams recently and almost beat the NFL's top team, Seattle. Their run defense is playing a bit better than it was when they faced us. We may still run on them but I'm not expecting us to run as well.

The presence of Crabtree alone with make this an incredibly interesting game. I'm ecstatic for this week because this could be a really exciting game. It's do or die for the Rams and they know it. They really can't lose anymore than maybe one game at the most.
I'll be there at Candlestick. Can't wait to see Crabtree light it up on the field again.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Rams are going to go all out to beat us. They've beaten several winning teams recently and almost beat the NFL's top team, Seattle. Their run defense is playing a bit better than it was when they faced us. We may still run on them but I'm not expecting us to run as well.

The presence of Crabtree alone with make this an incredibly interesting game. I'm ecstatic for this week because this could be a really exciting game. It's do or die for the Rams and they know it. They really can't lose anymore than maybe one game at the most.

I always thought Crabtree was a bigger loss than most SF fans seemed to. Do you think after all this time he'll be back to speed game one?
Originally posted by RamzFanz:

I always thought Crabtree was a bigger loss than most SF fans seemed to. Do you think after all this time he'll be back to speed game one?

No and I'd be surprised if he plays more than a few sets.

They need to ease him in...

• ace52
  • Veteran
Given how the Cards have been playing lately and breathing down our necks, and the fact that we still have to play Seattle, I hope our team will treat this Rams game as a do-or-die game also, for the sake of preserving the #6 seed.
Originally posted by ace52:
Given how the Cards have been playing lately and breathing down our necks, and the fact that we still have to play Seattle, I hope our team will treat this Rams game as a do-or-die game also, for the sake of preserving the #6 seed.

I think you have to. If the Niners lose - it's going to be a three way race for second place in the NFC-W and the wildcard spot with the Rams at a 1 game and tie breaker disadvantage of course. But if Rams can beat the Niners, especially if it's lopsided, they may be able to sweep the rest. Niners could sweep too. I don't see the Cards winning more than 1 more myself.
The best part of Crabtree being active is the fact that Rams have no idea whether he will play 100% of the snaps, 50% or just be a decoy with maybe 1 ball thrown his way. Its just another weapon they have to spend time preparing for.

the way to beat the rams is to STOP their run game. Stacy is running well. Stop the run and force Clemons to beat you. He will make mistakes.

Offensively i would like us to stay away from Quinn as much as possible. Run AT Long, and even have Kaep roll out his direction when we move the pocket. Their 2ndary is banged up (no Finnigan) so there should be some down field opportunities. Mixing up the play calling with screens, draws, quick hitters etc. will slow that pass rush just enough to give Kaep time to throw 15+ yds down the field.

If we run our simple offense like every week, Long and Quinn will have opportunities for sacks, and possibly fumbles. I hope your reading this Roman!

No, not at all, but I think his sheer presence gives the team at least a slight lift as far as even just as a decoy to pull some coverage. He probably is going to be about 75% and as someone else mentioned, should be eased in. Manningham looks like he took about 3 weeks to get fully adjusted to game shape, etc.

I expect Crabtree to need 3-4 weeks, so about a month, before he's back to close to being in the full flow of things.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I think you have to. If the Niners lose - it's going to be a three way race for second place in the NFC-W and the wildcard spot with the Rams at a 1 game and tie breaker disadvantage of course. But if Rams can beat the Niners, especially if it's lopsided, they may be able to sweep the rest. Niners could sweep too. I don't see the Cards winning more than 1 more myself.
I'm not sure about that. I think the Cards can win 2 more games for sure, and maybe more if some supposedly superior team falters and gives away a game (which is always a possibility in the NFL).
Originally posted by ace52:

Cards are better than the Rams, IMO
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. But I was asking for our record on the Sundays after playing Monday nights games. The short week Sundays.

Remember, is is essentially a short week for the Rams too, with the travel day.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

To make room for Crabtree, the #49ers have waived QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson.