There are 271 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RamzFanz:
Yeah, I guess you're making my point. The Rams are playing heavy run D right now and have been for a while. Quinn, Long, Brokers, Ogletree, are all playing very well against the run.

The Colts running backs had 1 rushing yard.

Bears had 76 from their backs and Forte is running better than Gore.

Oh, and Lynch? 23 yards.

Yes..with 3 back up O-Lineman in for Seattle. The Rams are playing good ball, but the Bears have a terrible run D.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Yes..with 3 back up O-Lineman in for Seattle. The Rams are playing good ball, but the Bears have a terrible run D.

The Rams have the highest YPC over the last 4 games at 5.6.

They ran 200 yards on the Hawks.

The niners will definitely be the real test though.
This is going to be a tough game. I hope Kap and the o-line can bring their A-game.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Cards are better than the Rams, IMO

Hmmm, can't agree with that. Rams have already beat them and are playing way way better now.
Cards are better than the Rams, IMO

Hmmm, can't agree with that. Rams have already beat them and are playing way way better now.

Honestly I've only watched each of them play the Niners, none of their other games. Based on those two alone I would say that the Cards are the better team. What about the Rams and their second-string QB makes you think they're playing better than the Cards right now?
Honestly I've only watched each of them play the Niners, none of their other games. Based on those two alone I would say that the Cards are the better team. What about the Rams and their second-string QB makes you think they're playing better than the Cards right now?

Top running game in the league over the last 4 games.

One of the top offensive player in the league the last 2 games setting records in Tavon Austin.

5th place return man in Tavon Austin. (that's with a horrible start with a rookie special teams, he's probably the best in the NFL over the last 4 games or so)

Beating the Bears and Colts 80 - 29

Player with the 2nd most sacks (13), most forced fumbles (7), and most hits on the QB in Quinn.

One of the best Special Teams in the NFL over the last 4 games dominating field position including the best net punting yardage average.

Outstanding run defense and outstanding O line play recently. Forte and Lynch are both top RBs and they combined for 100 yards.
[ Edited by RamzFanz on Nov 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM ]

One of the top offensive player in the league the last 2 games setting records in Tavon Austin.

5th place return man in Tavon Austin.

Player with the 2nd most sacks (13), most forced fumbles (7), and most hits on the QB in Quinn.

One of the best Special Teams in the NFL over the last 4 games dominating field position including the best net punting yardage average.

Outstanding run defense and outstanding O line play recently. Forte and Lynch are both top RBs and they combined for 100 yards.

Point well taken. I think we know from last year that the Rams are no pushovers, especially now that you guys have an offensive identity. Offense, defense, special teams all playing well. Looking like a Jeff Fisher coached team now.

The key is obviously stopping the run (our strength) and forcing Clemens to win the game. Redskins had the #1 rushing attack in the league, we held them in check, and put RGIII in tough situations. Will have to do the same against you guys if we want to win.
As a Niners fan I'd point out that the Niners have not beaten a good defensive team. Beating teams with three or fewer wins is not cause to celebrate.

5th place return man in Tavon Austin.

Great...should make for a good game on Sunday. Hopefully I get a little more enjoyment out of this game, the last meeting was pathetic and disappointing.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
As a Niners fan I'd point out that the Niners have not beaten a good defensive team. Beating teams with three or fewer wins is not cause to celebrate.

The Cardinals didn't have a good Defense?
The Rams don't have a good Defense?

Beat me to it.

I agree.

Rams are a test doe...we beat them convincingly and I'll be real excited.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Point well taken. I think we know from last year that the Rams are no pushovers, especially now that you guys have an offensive identity. Offense, defense, special teams all playing well. Looking like a Jeff Fisher coached team now.

The key is obviously stopping the run (our strength) and forcing Clemens to win the game. Redskins had the #1 rushing attack in the league, we held them in check, and put RGIII in tough situations. Will have to do the same against you guys if we want to win.

Yep. I agree. If it comes down to Clemens winning the game, it ain't gonna happen. He is serviceable and a good game manager but he'll never beat the Niners with a passing game alone.

Unexpectedly, the Rams have a very weak secondary and, at that time, were not defending the run well at all. They are a very young team. The run defense has really just matured over the last 4-5 games.

Titans were also playing good defense when we played them. As well as the Texans.
Share 49ersWebzone