There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I knew our passing game wasn't the greatest but I didnt know we were DEAD LAST in the

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Kaepernick has regressed badly. I could fall asleep watching him. 6 passes complete in one game is not real exciting football.

Seriously not sure if some of you guys are rolling or actually being serious?

Kap's most recent game, he was mostly on point and on target passing and would've completed 14/16 if there weren't so many drops. But of course people want to b***h about games (won in a blow out btw) that we've all moved on from over a month ago

Completely serious.

It's a passing league. If you don't throw for 400 and 3 TDs the wins don't count.

Running the ball is just a gimmick.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Thats what happens when your QB is too busy doing photoshoots and endorsing products instead of studying his playbook. The Seahwaks games ive watched ive noticed Wilson on the sidelines looking at film, anytime Kaep is shown all he is doing is walking around with a stupid ass grin on his face

with all of his primary weapons from last year the seahawks passing rank is 27th.

what's the excuse there?

Good ol fashion B.S. LUCK. 4 games dumb mistakes or coaching stupidity allowed Seattle to escape with a W. (Unrelated, but it can only last so long right?)
He's f**king with you dudes lol
Originally posted by SofaKing:
49ers rankings

Pass Attempts - 32nd
Passing Yards - 32nd

Rush Attempts - 1st
Rush Yards - 1st

Notice anything?

what you guys expect? we have 1 WR on our team right now lol hopefully manningham and crabs get back to the form they once were or our passing attack is in trouble.
Thats what happens when your QB is too busy doing photoshoots and endorsing products instead of studying his playbook. The Seahwaks games ive watched ive noticed Wilson on the sidelines looking at film, anytime Kaep is shown all he is doing is walking around with a stupid ass grin on his face

Kaep is so full of himself. Kaep MUST go.

Kaepernick has regressed badly. I could fall asleep watching him. 6 passes complete in one game is not real exciting football.

Kaep is way over rated. If we throw in our 2014 1st and 2nd round choice plus 2015 1st rounder with Kaep, may be Houston can give us Matt Schaub now that they have Keenum.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
So are the Jags and Bucs. They're 0-8. You want to trade QBs with them?

Don't even entertain it man. When the tide turns just take notes of the fat grumpy people.

I'm definitely taking notes

Bruce Miller is our go-to receiver.
Originally posted by ayetee:

Kaep is way over rated. If we throw in our 2014 1st and 2nd round choice plus 2015 1st rounder with Kaep, may be Houston can give us Matt Schaub now that they have Keenum.

No way. Houston wouldn't do that.
When you are blowing out opponents by 21+ points, there is no need to pass. Kaep has been doing all his damage in the first half and goes on cruise control.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Seriously not sure if some of you guys are rolling or actually being serious?

Kap's most recent game, he was mostly on point and on target passing and would've completed 14/16 if there weren't so many drops. But of course people want to b***h about games (won in a blow out btw) that we've all moved on from over a month ago

Completely serious.

It's a passing league. If you don't throw for 400 and 3 TDs the wins don't count.

Running the ball is just a gimmick.

Spot on, Marv! I learned them there facts 2 years ago on dis very website!

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ayetee:

No way. Houston wouldn't do that.

You are right M49. They might have learned from our mistake of letting our veteran QB go for a young kid.
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Part of an article I read today from Mercury talking about the Manningham and Wright activation said we were 32nd in passing yards per game. OMG. How did I not know that? lol. I had to read that twice. Then I went to nfl.com to check and sure enough. Makes our 6-2 record even more impressive but like they say every team has flaws. I hope this area of the team greatly improves the second half of the season. It also suggests that our running game must truly be elite. Teams know were running right at them. I don't want us to become pass happy or the 2nd coming of the Saints but hopefully the passing averages can rise to 225-250 per game moving forward. That would be enough balance for us to beat any team IMO...apologies if this was in another thread

If you want more passing yards, we are going to have to play in a lot of close games.

Green Bay, close game: 400+ passing yards, 39 attempts.
Arizona, close game: 350+ passing yards, 29 attempts.

It takes Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Romo, etc sometimes 50+ attempts to put up these kinds of numbers.

We are top ten in average yards per pass. When the game is close, we attempt more passes. When we are blowing the other team out we don't.

If fans want us to play more close games for the excitement factor, fine, I can understand that, the game is supposed to be exciting. However, for those fans who only care about winning, they should prefer we blow the opponent out, like we have for four of the last five weeks.
The stats show that other teams haven't been able to stop our run game when they needed to come from behind.

I'll take that every week, thanks.
We're running the ball too much, we can't throw, our secondary is getting beat badly, our Dline is banged up, Staley can't block the elite pass rushers, Willis has lost a step, Gore has lost a step, we only have one receiver, our Offensive Coordinator is unimaginative, our Defensive Coordinator isn't blitzing, Kaepernick can't make more than two reads, Jenkins is a bust, the staff so stupid they don't play Patton.

Missed a few I'm sure.
49ers rankings

Pass Attempts - 32nd
Passing Yards - 32nd

Rush Attempts - 1st
Rush Yards - 1st

Notice anything?

Thanks for providing these numbers. I've taken the time to study them thoroughly, and like you asked, I have noticed some interesting correlations that might be related to the thread topic in question.

First, if you look closely, you notice that we are 32nd in two categories. And here is the interesting part. One of those categories is passing attempts, and the other one is, wait for it...
...passing yards. I think this is beyond coincidence. That fact that both numbers involve passing, and both numbers are dead last must have a correlation.

The same thing occurs with rushing yards. Again, we are 1st in two categories. One of these categories is rushing attempts, and the other one, yep, you guessed it, rushing yards.

Kap has a LOT of work to do with his passing attempts. Perhaps he can audible into passes on more plays, including kneel downs at the end of a blowout victory as these are wasted opportunities to create another passing attempt.
Frank Gore could try and get tackled more often for a big loss, that way we are almost forced to pass on 2nd and 3rd down.

Edit. Whoops.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]