There are 153 users in the forums

I knew our passing game wasn't the greatest but I didnt know we were DEAD LAST in the

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
If were winning than we are running the rock, which means doesn't matter the passing attack is last cause we already have the lead, so were going to be running some more not throwing.. Colin can throw for 500 yards but that doesn't mean you always win ball games.

thanks singletary
if we are winning just run the ball

i learned from looking at the film
Many have been blaming the QB on this team for a lack of a passing attack. Both Smith and Kaepernick have been singled out for this failure, yet the same lack of quality WRs and the same coaching strategy are present that are more to blame than either QB.

As many have pointed out, Roman is very creative in the run game, coming up with Wham blocks, misdirection, overloading, jumbo...all kinds of variety. The passing game, either due to a lack of quality WRs or a limited coaching perspective, has been really simplistic and mediocre.

But that's who Harbaugh and Roman are and that's why, though I am very happy they are directing the niners, I have always been unhappy they do not use a true pass to open up the run offense. They run to open up the pass. They did this at Stanford and are now doing it with the niners. It is working so far but I still wonder how effective it will be in the playoffs. It tends to rely on the defense keeping the score low and the offense being consistent and controlling the ball.

Kaepernick gives them a better chance of having an explosive offense but they still haven't made the next step. I don't blame CK because he is young and Boldin is the teams only true WR. If Crabtree comes back by the playoffs and he and CK pick up their game from last year...the niners could be a super bowl champion. So much hope this is the case!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
It's been frustrating to watch out passing attack...feels like pre-2010 era when 130 yards per game over the air was the norm. pathetic to see this

Is it frustrating to watch the #6 yards-per-attempt passing game in the league?
Or is is frustrating to watch the #2 yards-per-completion team in the league?
Or is it frustrating to blow out our opponents too early, making the game less exciting?
Or is it frustrating to watch the #4 QBR quarterback in the league?

So which is the most frustrating? The blowout victories, or the top passing game?

With Kap, not only are we efficient and running the ball, we are passing efficiently AND making big plays to dominate the scoreboard. In the past, I thought we weren't supposed to do that due to our style of play in that we are a run first team.

We're dominate against crappy teams. Besides the first game of the season, name the team with a winning record that we've dominated. Heck name the team with a winning record that we were even in the same ball game with?

I"m optimistic...but you're over the top.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
It's been frustrating to watch out passing attack...feels like pre-2010 era when 130 yards per game over the air was the norm. pathetic to see this

Or is it frustrating to blow out our opponents too early, making the game less exciting?

So which is the most frustrating? The blowout victories, or the top passing game?

With Kap, not only are we efficient and running the ball, we are passing efficiently AND making big plays to dominate the scoreboard. In the past, I thought we weren't supposed to do that due to our style of play in that we are a run first team.

We're dominate against crappy teams. Besides the first game of the season, name the team with a winning record that we've dominated. Heck name the team with a winning record that we were even in the same ball game with?

You can say also Kaep was injured and we went away from our normal game plan in those games
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You can say also Kaep was injured and we went away from our normal game plan in those games

yeah, those damn hangnails are game changers.

yeah, those damn hangnails are game changers.

Ever seen an infected one?
Ever seen an infected one?

I didn't see where he said his was infected...I seriously doubt that it was a hangnail...but I doubt it was serious either. Probably a broken toe...which isn't that big of a deal either.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
the focus isnt on our passing game, we dont need to throw for over 300 yards every game to win. we didnt do it last year, and even if we wanted to we couldnt do it this year. once our receivers get healthy our passing attack will get better. right now our running game is one of the best in the league, and its better than our current passing game. theres no reason to start chucking the ball up in the air just to make the average fan happy.

Agreed! We might have the worst passing attack but thats because we don't have to pass much to win. I think with Manningham coming back, and soon Crabs, the passing game will get a little more involved. It will need to verses the Saints and Seahawks.

what do you expect lol, this is niners talk.

i think its hard for them to realize that you cant have a great running game and a great passing game. those games are rare when you run for 150+ yards and throw for 300+ yards.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The reason the passing game is so subpar is because we're jumping out to early leads and then rushing the ball to kill the clock. Not to mention we have no production from anyone outside of Boldin and Davis in our passing game.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
The reason the passing game is so subpar is because we're jumping out to early leads and then rushing the ball to kill the clock. Not to mention we have no production from anyone outside of Boldin and Davis in our passing game.

I don't remember us getting a lead in either the Seattle or Indy games... Now if you're just talking about the last couple of games, yeah sure, that's fairly accurate.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I don't remember us getting a lead in either the Seattle or Indy games... Now if you're just talking about the last couple of games, yeah sure, that's fairly accurate.

Correct, the last couple of games is what I'm refurring to.

you are souring the taste of the koolaid, man
We will only have 45 yards passing against Carolina. Guarantee it. We are that bad.
Are we still last?
Originally posted by 49erWay:
We will only have 45 yards passing against Carolina. Guarantee it. We are that bad.

The suckitude of Kaep is going to epic proportions.
Share 49ersWebzone