There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I knew our passing game wasn't the greatest but I didnt know we were DEAD LAST in the

It's been frustrating to watch out passing attack...feels like pre-2010 era when 130 yards per game over the air was the norm. pathetic to see this
Vance McDonald can be lethal...but oh wait we rarely throw him a bone...that's not developing ....thats holding back a player....
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
It's been frustrating to watch out passing attack...feels like pre-2010 era when 130 yards per game over the air was the norm. pathetic to see this

Come on man don't have a bad day. You are watching greatness real time.
6-2.

Only care about wins.
not going to cut it , you cant turn it on or off , comes the playoffs you need to pass !
the focus isnt on our passing game, we dont need to throw for over 300 yards every game to win. we didnt do it last year, and even if we wanted to we couldnt do it this year. once our receivers get healthy our passing attack will get better. right now our running game is one of the best in the league, and its better than our current passing game. theres no reason to start chucking the ball up in the air just to make the average fan happy.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
the focus isnt on our passing game, we dont need to throw for over 300 yards every game to win. we didnt do it last year, and even if we wanted to we couldnt do it this year. once our receivers get healthy our passing attack will get better. right now our running game is one of the best in the league, and its better than our current passing game. theres no reason to start chucking the ball up in the air just to make the average fan happy.

Agreed! We might have the worst passing attack but thats because we don't have to pass much to win. I think with Manningham coming back, and soon Crabs, the passing game will get a little more involved. It will need to verses the Saints and Seahawks.
We don't have the worst passing. We just aren't throwing it much yet.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
We don't have the worst passing. We just aren't throwing it much yet.

Absolutely. The Niners are #32 in passing attempts, so it's not surprising that they would be #32 in yardage. The question is the quality of the passing game. They're #7 in yards per attempt at 8 yards and I believe I saw on Pro Football reference that they're #2 in yards per completion at 14 yards. So, the point is when they do pass, they're effective at it.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by MadAdam:
Keep in mind that the Niners are #32 in passing attempts as well. If they were high or in the middle of the pack on attempts and still at the bottom on yardage, that would be a problem, but they just haven't been attempting that many passes. They're #7 in yards per attempt so when they do pass it's effective.

Being last in attempts and yards isn't an issue. I do agree that efficiency is more important...but I think a lot of people expected Kaep to be so much better than our previous QB that it was about the Kaep show..and now that it is back to a more conservative game, it's disappointing.

I'm sure some people are using it as a jab to poke fun at the people who were anti Alex but pro Kaep when both players were on the team.


This is the thing I am trying to argue against. The idea that we have shifted to more conservative football is WRONG.

When the game is CLOSE, we throw the s**t out of the football. 400+ exciting yards against Green Bay and 350+ exciting yards against Arizona.
When we are losing, we throw the football a lot also, but not as much as when the game is close.

The ONLY time we have been playing "conservative" is when we are BLOWING THE s**t OUT OF THE OTHER TEAM. That is when we play "conservative".
We have been playing "conservative" a lot this season, because we have been blowing teams away this season.

The fact that Kap has played so well in the first half, has hurt his numbers in the second half, and it is creating the false appearance of conservative play.

I think it's real hard for you to make that argument right now. The first 3 games they threw like the saints...then they went to a more balanced approach...the following game matches your discription..and the following games were blow outs..and most teams take their feet off the gas when they're up by a lot....

It sure looks like they got conservative (in comparison) after those first 3 games.


Look at the Arizona game. That game was in the middle of our winning streak. It was the only close game in our winning streak. We threw the football because the game was competitive.

We are conservative by SITUATION, not by default. If we are up big, we shut it down, some don't like it. I have mixed feelings about it. Most importantly, when we pass the football, we are explosive.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by 49erWay:
We don't have the worst passing. We just aren't throwing it much yet.

Absolutely. The Niners are #32 in passing attempts, so it's not surprising that they would be #32 in yardage. The question is the quality of the passing game. They're #7 in yards per attempt at 8 yards and I believe I saw on Pro Football reference that they're #2 in yards per completion at 14 yards. So, the point is when they do pass, they're effective at it.


So the reality is, we have one of the best passing attacks in the league right now, with a chance to be THE best passing attack in the league, when we get our players back.
Our passing game might be the strongest part of our whole team.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Vance McDonald can be lethal...but oh wait we rarely throw him a bone...that's not developing ....thats holding back a player....

I bet Brady would love to have McDonald.
Originally posted by cNiner:
not going to cut it , you cant turn it on or off , comes the playoffs you need to pass !


We DO turn it on and off. When the game is competitive we turn in "on", when we are blowing the other team out, we turn it "off".
When it is switched to the "on" position, we are one of the best passing teams in the league.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
It's been frustrating to watch out passing attack...feels like pre-2010 era when 130 yards per game over the air was the norm. pathetic to see this


Is it frustrating to watch the #6 yards-per-attempt passing game in the league?
Or is is frustrating to watch the #2 yards-per-completion team in the league?
Or is it frustrating to blow out our opponents too early, making the game less exciting?
Or is it frustrating to watch the #4 QBR quarterback in the league?

So which is the most frustrating? The blowout victories, or the top passing game?
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Is it frustrating to watch the #6 yards-per-attempt passing game in the league?
Or is is frustrating to watch the #2 yards-per-completion team in the league?
Or is it frustrating to blow out our opponents too early, making the game less exciting?
Or is it frustrating to watch the #4 QBR quarterback in the league?

So which is the most frustrating? The blowout victories, or the top passing game?

It is extremely frustrating..... for the opposition!!!!!

We've been straight DOMINATING teams lately with whatever we want to do. The game is over by the time Kap has 15 pass attempts LOL.