There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I knew our passing game wasn't the greatest but I didnt know we were DEAD LAST in the

and I have a feeling LMJ will get some stuff thrown his way too. harbaugh said hes gonna get him involved all over the place so I hope they get some passes and screens goin to him. this offense will be really fun to watch from here on out with all this talent back in the mix
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i have a feeling its gonna make a huge jump towards the top of the list by the end of the season. Boldin, Crabs, Rio, VD all at once instead of Boldin and nobody else to help keep him clean. I doubt he ever sees another double cover with crabs and VD out there with him. this offense should be really potent when Crabs hits the field

I know what you mean, but we are already a top five offense. We are #3 in average points scored in the first half, when the game is always still competitive.
Getting Crabs and Rio back will make everything we already do much easier.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Who needs to pass when you have the #1 rushing attack!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Who needs to pass when you have the #1 rushing attack!!!

Just enough to keep the DBs off the line.
Keep in mind that the Niners are #32 in passing attempts as well. If they were high or in the middle of the pack on attempts and still at the bottom on yardage, that would be a problem, but they just haven't been attempting that many passes. They're #7 in yards per attempt so when they do pass it's effective.
Originally posted by MadAdam:
Keep in mind that the Niners are #32 in passing attempts as well. If they were high or in the middle of the pack on attempts and still at the bottom on yardage, that would be a problem, but they just haven't been attempting that many passes. They're #7 in yards per attempt so when they do pass it's effective.

Being last in attempts and yards isn't an issue. I do agree that efficiency is more important...but I think a lot of people expected Kaep to be so much better than our previous QB that it was about the Kaep show..and now that it is back to a more conservative game, it's disappointing.

I'm sure some people are using it as a jab to poke fun at the people who were anti Alex but pro Kaep when both players were on the team.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Being last in attempts and yards isn't an issue. I do agree that efficiency is more important...but I think a lot of people expected Kaep to be so much better than our previous QB that it was about the Kaep show..and now that it is back to a more conservative game, it's disappointing.

I'm sure some people are using it as a jab to poke fun at the people who were anti Alex but pro Kaep when both players were on the team.

Well, I think that people who expected something like the "Kaep show" maybe weren't taking into account that this is a Jim Harbaugh team. This is clearly the way Harbaugh likes an offense to work. I obviously don't know what's in coach's head, but I think what he was looking for was more explosiveness when he needs it. I just don't think we're ever going to see a lot of empty backfields and spread formations with Harbaugh and Roman running the offense. But, the thing I think people should like about the switch to Kaepernick is that when they do pass, it's more effective. Kaepernick is #6 among QB's in yards per attempt at 8 yards. Smith is down around 6 yards per attempt. Now, that obviously doesn't tell the whole story. After all, Tom Brady is down there at about 6.6 yards per attempt so Smith is in some good company. I try not to pay too much attention to this anti-Smith - pro-Kaep or anti-Kaep - pro-Smith thing. They're both good in their own games. I think Smith is one of the winningest if not THE winningest QB over the last few seasons in the NFL and he runs an undefeated offense this year. And Kaepernick, especially for a QB with only 18 or 19 starts under his belt, is progressing tremendously in my opinion. As a fan, I'd be happy with either one of them running the offense.

Well, I think that people who expected something like the "Kaep show" maybe weren't taking into account that this is a Jim Harbaugh team. This is clearly the way Harbaugh likes an offense to work. I obviously don't know what's in coach's head, but I think what he was looking for was more explosiveness when he needs it. I just don't think we're ever going to see a lot of empty backfields and spread formations with Harbaugh and Roman running the offense. But, the thing I think people should like about the switch to Kaepernick is that when they do pass, it's more effective. Kaepernick is #6 among QB's in yards per attempt at 8 yards. Smith is down around 6 yards per attempt. Now, that obviously doesn't tell the whole story. After all, Tom Brady is down there at about 6.6 yards per attempt so Smith is in some good company. I try not to pay too much attention to this anti-Smith - pro-Kaep or anti-Kaep - pro-Smith thing. They're both good in their own games. I think Smith is one of the winningest if not THE winningest QB over the last few seasons in the NFL and he runs an undefeated offense this year. And Kaepernick, especially for a QB with only 18 or 19 starts under his belt, is progressing tremendously in my opinion. As a fan, I'd be happy with either one of them running the offense.

Good post.

Tom Brady is having a notoriously bad season with his receiver corps gutted (sound familiar?).
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Tom Brady is having a notoriously bad season with his receiver corps gutted (sound familiar?).

Not familiar at all actually. The only thing similar is there both QBs.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Good post.

Agreed!
I didn't expect this post to get this much attention. I thought it was funny that were last in passing yards per game. Whatever it takes to win I'm good with that. I love our run game and absolutely don't want us to go pass-happy thats not how were built, BUT I don't think you can run all over every opponent week in and week out so thats why I want to see improvement in the passing game. Public enemy #1 (Seattle) the last two times we've played has stopped the run game and made us look helpless. That was with and without our receivers. Ultimately I don't believe we use ALL of our personnel to our advantage. But if we can win the super bowl ranked last in passing than I certainly wont complain! Honestly though were going to have to find a passing attack vs Seattle. Playing the Jags and Rams and Titans is all fine and dandy but you guys know who our real competition is. We need to improve! #GoNiners
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I didn't expect this post to get this much attention. I thought it was funny that were last in passing yards per game. Whatever it takes to win I'm good with that. I love our run game and absolutely don't want us to go pass-happy thats not how were built, BUT I don't think you can run all over every opponent week in and week out so thats why I want to see improvement in the passing game. Public enemy #1 (Seattle) the last two times we've played has stopped the run game and made us look helpless. That was with and without our receivers. Ultimately I don't believe we use ALL of our personnel to our advantage. But if we can win the super bowl ranked last in passing than I certainly wont complain! Honestly though were going to have to find a passing attack vs Seattle. Playing the Jags and Rams and Titans is all fine and dandy but you guys know who our real competition is. We need to improve! #GoNiners

any excuse for some people to say alex smith is better than colin kaepernick
Originally posted by xtm059:
any excuse for some people to say alex smith is better than colin kaepernick

Arguments can be had for both sides, IMO.

but our game isn't conservative at all lol we don't go for field goals we go for touchdowns, we don't go for punts we go for it on 4th downs regularly. we go for deep passing plays regularly if anything we're way more loose now than we had ever been. when its 3rd and 8 we don't run 4 yard routes they run 15 yard routes.

power football does not = conservative. we've been anything but the entire season. we've been incredibly effective with limited wr options. NOW with more if we maintain the same ratio with even better talent out there it would equal even more success.

conservative is not a fair word, the people who are throwing it 50 times a game WISH they could run it 30 times a game and get production. they just can't and we can.