There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I knew our passing game wasn't the greatest but I didnt know we were DEAD LAST in the

Originally posted by kray28:
Total Offense, like Total Defense is a flawed measure.

Agreed, the only thing that matters is Points For (#8 )and Points Against (#3). A team can have all the yards they want if they don't score...conversely, you can run up and down the field on offense all your want as well but if you don't score TD's? Done!
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Keeping the ball out of Kaeps hands, not letting him lose the games for us

What is your point? Start McCoy? Get a first round pick get a new QB. This is where you and others chant "we want Derek Carr"?

Got it. You cried when Alex left. Now nothing left for you to do but attack our QB. Great Niner fan.

So that makes all the people who trashed Alex when he was the QB what?

yeaahhhh lol people act like its a crime to critique your own team. So just cause Trash Balmer and Jenkins and Kwame were niners im supposed to like them and say they are good lol
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
I always though Harbaugh made Kaep the qb so we could get away from the "game manager" status quo. Not return to it, I hope it changes when Mario and Crabtree return to the field. If we become more balanced on offense we'd be a lot more efficient in the passing game and run.

When our ginger fullback is outperforming every WR not named Boldin, what do you expect? I'm sure when MM and Crabs come back there will be more balance on offense and the passing game will improve but until then, our running game is elite, has been getting the job done and we'll stick with it.

And even in a managing role, Kap is not your prototypical "game manager". He still takes risks, throws passes into tight coverages and goes for the big plays. Doesn't sound like a game manager to me.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

When our ginger fullback is outperforming every WR not named Boldin, what do you expect? I'm sure when MM and Crabs come back there will be more balance on offense and the passing game will improve but until then, our running game is elite, has been getting the job done and we'll stick with it.

And even in a managing role, Kap is not your prototypical "game manager". He still takes risks, throws passes into tight coverages and goes for the big plays. Doesn't sound like a game manager to me.

Yes but eventually you're going to have to pass the ball down the field. Not that we can't do that but yea we can't do that. Maybe MM and Crab will provide a little continuity. I'm sure their absence didn't help Kaeps evolution. I knew we needed a legit option after Crab got hurt but owell. 6-2 aint too bad.
not anymore f**kers, crabs and manningham are back
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:

it does not or should not change what we have been doing, it just gives us more options. I hope and pray roman does not go down retard road and start messing with something just because he has a couple of formerly broken toys back
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Yes but eventually you're going to have to pass the ball down the field. Not that we can't do that but yea we can't do that. Maybe MM and Crab will provide a little continuity. I'm sure their absence didn't help Kaeps evolution. I knew we needed a legit option after Crab got hurt but owell. 6-2 aint too bad.

We can throw downfield and have. All this without a true deep threat. Good QBs find a way. That is why Kap is nearly in the top 10 in just about all averages when it comes to passing. Good QBs still get it done.
Originally posted by kray28:
Total Offense, like Total Defense is a flawed measure.

i remember finding this out as a kid in the 90's. when i found out it was measured by yards, i right away felt like i had been sold a bill of goods all the years prior cus i knew points are what really matters.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
So that makes all the people who trashed Alex when he was the QB what?
Well you are referring to the period where they were both Niner QBs. And our fans had a preference.

Now I'm referring to our QB and someone else's. This subtlety apparently escapes you.

I can't pull up the old posts because those threads are gone...but, I am fairly certain that the same group that slammed Alex bandwagoned Kaep...and most before Kaep had played a game.

But if you're going to play that game of subtlety, then your own comment about McCoy is also flawed.

Nice little jab at the end..too bad that backfired on you.
Anybody who trashed Alex Smith is a loser.

He is 9-0. He is a top flight quarterback. He looks dang good and looked dang good last year and the year before that too once he had an O line.

He played his heart out for the 49ers and never complained. He always had class and represented the 49ers with great dignity. Light years more dignity and class than the "fans" who were trashing him.

Anyway, so our passing yards are last.

We are on a 5 game win streak and haven't had a need to rack up fantasy league points in passing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
alex smith has nothing to do with this team anymore. his only value is what he represents in a draft pick
Originally posted by Joecool:
We can throw downfield and have. All this without a true deep threat. Good QBs find a way. That is why Kap is nearly in the top 10 in just about all averages when it comes to passing. Good QBs still get it done.

Good coordinators find a way to exploit match-ups with Vernon Davis.
Originally posted by cciowa:
alex smith has nothing to do with this team anymore. his only value is what he represents in a draft pick

Don't disagree..and I wasn't posting to say that Alex was good, or better or anything else compared to Kaep. My comment was response to an argument made.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
49ers rankings

Pass Attempts - 32nd
Passing Yards - 32nd

Rush Attempts - 1st
Rush Yards - 1st

Notice anything?

This
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Anybody who trashed Alex Smith is a loser.

He is 9-0. He is a top flight quarterback. He looks dang good and looked dang good last year and the year before that too once he had an O line.

He played his heart out for the 49ers and never complained. He always had class and represented the 49ers with great dignity. Light years more dignity and class than the "fans" who were trashing him.

Anyway, so our passing yards are last.

We are on a 5 game win streak and haven't had a need to rack up fantasy league points in passing.

if you want to suck off alex smith go do it in the chiefs thread with everyone else. this is niner talk, where we talk about players currently on the 49ers roster.

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by xtm059:

it does not or should not change what we have been doing, it just gives us more options. I hope and pray roman does not go down retard road and start messing with something just because he has a couple of formerly broken toys back

I think it should definitely change what we are doing. If we continue to run frank gore like we have been do you think he will have anything in the tank come the playoffs? To ignore the addition of two massively skilled recievers would be "going down retard road"

I'm not talking about abandoning the running game altogether, but I would like to see more of a 50/50 split.