There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I knew our passing game wasn't the greatest but I didnt know we were DEAD LAST in the

Part of an article I read today from Mercury talking about the Manningham and Wright activation said we were 32nd in passing yards per game. OMG. How did I not know that? lol. I had to read that twice. Then I went to nfl.com to check and sure enough. Makes our 6-2 record even more impressive but like they say every team has flaws. I hope this area of the team greatly improves the second half of the season. It also suggests that our running game must truly be elite. Teams know were running right at them. I don't want us to become pass happy or the 2nd coming of the Saints but hopefully the passing averages can rise to 225-250 per game moving forward. That would be enough balance for us to beat any team IMO...apologies if this was in another thread
Everything's lining up for a perfect storm when everyone is healthy heading into the post season...
1wr
1te
1fb is all we had for 8 weeks and came out of it 6-2

now with 2wr and then eventually 3 what do you think it'll look like with more options...
brady and them were down there in the 30's too i believe..and then a funny thing happened, gronk came back his primary target from last year and what do you know suddenly he could pass again
Total passing yards is heavily dependent on passing attempts. Generally speaking the more you throw, the more passing yards you'll have.

A better indicator of passing efficiency is yards-per-attempt average. We average 8 ypa, which ranks 7th in the NFL.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM ]
Good point sofaking. We've also had leads in most of our games BUT on the flip side in games where we couldnt run (Seattle) or abandoned the run(Indy) we really looked bad. Not only Manningham and Crabtree but other weapons need to be used alot more (McDonald, Hunter/LMJ, Baldwin's size).
if you don't know now you know
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Good point sofaking. We've also had leads in most of our games BUT on the flip side in games where we couldnt run (Seattle) or abandoned the run(Indy) we really looked bad. Not only Manningham and Crabtree but other weapons need to be used alot more (McDonald, Hunter/LMJ, Baldwin's size).

well there hasn't been a point where we couldn't run. we just didn't stick with the run even when it wasn't breaking big gains.

i think we'll be ok. i still even when everyone is healthy prefer us run with power. get hunter to the edge and pass 20-25 times a game MAX
Thats what happens when your QB is too busy doing photoshoots and endorsing products instead of studying his playbook. The Seahwaks games ive watched ive noticed Wilson on the sidelines looking at film, anytime Kaep is shown all he is doing is walking around with a stupid ass grin on his face
Originally posted by valrod33:
Thats what happens when your QB is too busy doing photoshoots and endorsing products instead of studying his playbook. The Seahwaks games ive watched ive noticed Wilson on the sidelines looking at film, anytime Kaep is shown all he is doing is walking around with a stupid ass grin on his face

with all of his primary weapons from last year the seahawks passing rank is 27th.

what's the excuse there?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

with all of his primary weapons from last year the seahawks passing rank is 27th.

what's the excuse there?

its better than ours
49ers rankings

Pass Attempts - 32nd
Passing Yards - 32nd

Rush Attempts - 1st
Rush Yards - 1st

Notice anything?
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM ]
its better than ours

having 2 starting wr's out all year? while having our entire stable of rb's healthy? lol

enjoy your week
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

what's the excuse there?

its better than ours

So are the Jags and Bucs going by pass "rankings". They're 0-8. You want to trade QBs with them?
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
49ers rankings

Pass Attempts - 32nd
Passing Yards - 32nd

Rush Attempts - 1st
Rush Yards - 1st

Notice anything?

EXACTLY

when we do pass, we hit big chunk plays.

none of those 20/30 for 220 yards... 25 or 30 completions for 260 yards
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Total passing yards is heavily dependent on passing attempts. Generally speaking the more you throw, the more passing yards you'll have.

A better indicator of passing efficiency is yards-per-attempt average. We average 8 ypa, which ranks 7th in the NFL.

This plus we are also 1st, I repeat 1st in the league in rushing at 153 yards a game. We are a running team right now without Manningham and Crabtree. The pass game will be much better once those guys come back although we still will probably rely on the run more than the pass.