There are 168 users in the forums

Question on if the 49ers win out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was always under the impression if two teams within the same division finished with the same record the tie breaker would come between the last time the two teams met regardless the outcome of the previous matchup. I had some 49er fans try and tell me we would have to beat Seattle by as much as they beat us in week two. I said no it does not matter if we beat them 3-0 in SF we win the division if we win that game and the remainder of our games (I doubt we win out but just trying to make sure my facts are straight). Then I looked at this and was actually wondering if I am or was wrong after reading this. Look at #5...

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
Originally posted by

Yes you are correct, if the 'Hawks win every one of our games but lose just the one down there and you guys win all the rest of your games including that game you win the division and we'd be a 14 and 2 wildcard team

This on paper at least is very unlikely though
Originally posted by seahawkblueforever:
Yes you are correct, if the 'Hawks win every one of our games but lose just the one down there and you guys win all the rest of your games including that game you win the division and we'd be a 14 and 2 wildcard team

This on paper at least is very unlikely though

Also going by strength of schedule we would get the tiebreaker as well because of Green Bay and Washington compared to the Vikings and Giants you guys play. I agree though it is unlikely for both but I I do think we may loose one more game and Seattle can possibly loose 2 as well and both end up 13-3.
www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/175484-what-happens-theres-tie-atop-nfc-west
Share 49ersWebzone