San Francisco 35, Dallas 27
Detroit 42, Green Bay 38

Divisionals:

Seattle 30, Detroit 17
San Francisco 31, New Orleans 30

NFC Championship:

Seattle 49, San Francisco 16
Question:
So who are we gonna lose 3 more games to and why? And with teams progressively playing the Seahawks tougher and tougher as the season progresses you really think they'll lose only one more game?

Seriously, save for the Seaducks, the remaining teams on our schedule DO NOT match up well against us, even with our injuries, especially NO, Washington, Bucks, and Panthers. We are built for the playoffs and to beat high powered offense, which is why we beat teams like NE, ATL, and NO. And the the Seabuzzards aren't gonna come into the Stick and beat us a 3erd straight time! I'm sorry, but people are giving the Seahawks WAY too much credit. And I really think people here (maybe not you) are purposely underestimating the 49ers to save themselves from disappointment as apposed to looking at how the season is progressing, the games left, and the game itself. I understand fans want to be cautious, but we should not be afraid to expect or predict a 14-2 or 13-3 season, and the division, given how the season has progressed.
13-3. Why predict one more loss and not just say 14 - 2? .... Humility.
[ Edited by Mankster on Nov 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Question:
So who are we gonna lose 3 more games to and why? And with teams progressively playing the Seahawks tougher and tougher as the season progresses you really think they'll lose only one more game?

Seriously, save for the Seaducks, the remaining teams on our schedule DO NOT match up well against us, even with our injuries, especially NO, Washington, Bucks, and Panthers. We are built for the playoffs and to beat high powered offense, which is why we beat teams like NE, ATL, and NO. And the the Seabuzzards aren't gonna come into the Stick and beat us a 3erd straight time! I'm sorry, but people are giving the Seahawks WAY too much credit. And I really think people here (maybe not you) are purposely underestimating the 49ers to save themselves from disappointment as apposed to looking at how the season is progressing, the games left, and the game itself. I understand fans want to be cautious, but we should not be afraid to expect or predict a 14-2 or 13-3 season, and the division, given how the season has progressed.

Hear, hear!
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
13 - 3

Panthers - A good team capable of beating anyone in the NFL. But the 49ers are at home, rested, and getting stronger. W
@Saints - Top tier opponent playing at home. This is the second toughest road game in the league (after Seattle). L
@Redskins - Prolific offense, but the D is ranked 30th against the run. The 49ers should be able to grind out a victory with ball control and defense. W
Rams. - Not talented enough to overcome the loss of their starting QB... especially on the road. W
Seahawks - Don't expect the usual road letdown. They'll be sky high for this one. Nevertheless, their luck runs out on 12/8. W
@Buccaneers - Franchise in disarray. Easy road win if we play our game.W
Falcons - A talented team in transition. By this this point in the season, they'll be licking their wounds and looking to 2014. W
@Cardinals - Another talented team that's on the cusp of being very good. If the 9ers need this game, they'll win it. If not, they won't. W

The Seahawks have 3 road games remaining. Only one (vs. the 9ers) is a serious hurdle. They should win all of their home games with the possible exception of New Orleans on 12/2. They could stumble against the Falcons or the Giants, but realistically, they end up with 13 to 14 wins.
[ Edited by Lifer on Nov 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM ]
Sounds weird but hopefully NOT under the assumption that the achieved record is enough for reaching the playoffs.

I'd rather see our problems during the season b/c we can still (try to) fix them before the important playoff games. Problems during the playoffs=elimination.

Though, I assume that we will win most of the remaining games. The only question marks for me, in descending order: Saints, Hawks, Panthers.
The other games are must-wins.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I say no. The schedule looks surprisingly more complicated. Here are danger games outside the expected Seattle and NO:

Carolina
Tampa
Rams

None of the second half games outside of maybe the Cardinals will be easy.

Ya, Tampa's a really good team, they're probably going to the Superbowl this year....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
I say no. The schedule looks surprisingly more complicated. Here are danger games outside the expected Seattle and NO:

Carolina
Tampa
Rams

Ya, Tampa's a really good team, they're probably going to the Superbowl this year....
seattle made them look good,. we, on the other hand, have been and hopefully will continue to manhandle inferior teams and not let them play with us like seattle is doing
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

Carolina
Tampa
Rams

seattle made them look good,. we, on the other hand, have been and hopefully will continue to manhandle inferior teams and not let them play with us like seattle is doing

This and most importantly the bolded. Weaker teams have exposed Seattle for what they are. Tampa didnt make Seattle look bad neither did the rams texans or other teams that on paper shouldnt have been close but during game time kept it tight. Seattle made these teams look good by exposing that they are not this great juggernaut team the talking heads want to blow off non stop. Seattle has made themselves look bad, wilson has had so many bad first half to 3 quarter slumps that make him look like a qb going through a sophomore slump just with a heavy dose of luck at the end of games.
I can see us running the table. We are only going to get better as Manningham and Crabtree work their way back into the lineup. And of the three defensive linemen who are now in the mix and rotation, I'm hoping at least one will make an impact as the season wears on.

The only problem I see is the loss of any other playmakers to serious injury. We lose Gore, for example, and our stock drops like a stone. It's key for these guys to remain healthy.

As the season wears on, I can see Harbaugh giving the rock less and less to Gore (more opportunities for Kendall), with the exception of the Seattle game and perhaps New Orleans.
I had predicted us at 6-2 at the break and 11-5 when it's all said and done. Given we have the 9th toughest SOS the remainer of the year, that very well could happen even with all the reserves. BUT, it could also mean we're clicking the final 2-3 weeks of the season and rolling into the playoffs with momentum and we ALL know by now how that has worked out for a few teams who ended up winning the Superbowl! #6!

Originally posted by NCommand:
I had predicted us at 6-2 at the break and 11-5 when it's all said and done. Given we have the 9th toughest SOS the remainer of the year, that very well could happen even with all the reserves. BUT, it could also mean we're clicking the final 2-3 weeks of the season and rolling into the playoffs with momentum and we ALL know by now how that has worked out for a few teams who ended up winning the Superbowl! #6!
So who do we lose 3 more games to?
The past couple of years teams like the giants and Baltimore....teams with very good defenses and good offenses come playoff time ran the table are we're almost exclusively on the road winning. Even if the niners get the wild card and go on the road for 3 games, with our defense and running game along with improved Wrs we can easily win away. Looks like if we are the wild card we play at Dallas then at Seattle then at new Orleans most likely or even Detroit, gb or Chicago.

Justin smith and Aldon smith will be great and our improved rotational dl players will be key. Also our ol seems to again be the best run blocking in the nfl again so we can slow down any game. Another thing to consider, our secondary is better with Brock and Reid so we will be able to handle passing teams like gb or new Orleans if we play them, and with the best lb core, handle the Seahawks run game as well.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by NCommand:
So who do we lose 3 more games to?

We would have to go through a tailspin to lose 3 of 8 remaining games. I don't see this happening. We should finish at no less than 12 wins but I strongly believe we can finish with 13 wins and if we run the table 14 wins. I had us at 13 wins coming into this season but then again I had SEA at 10 or 11 wins max so there goes that. I had no idea they would fare so well on the road and win the tight games they won. Credit to Russell and his desire to win at all costs sacrificing life and limb to do it
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no wonder this place goes ape s**t after a loss. we're f**king delusional.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Tough stretch of games coming up, with CAR, NO, WASH and SEA. May the best team win.
Share 49ersWebzone