Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

1 out 5 people have explosive diahhrea
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
carolina, tampa bay, New Orleans, and Seattle will give us real trouble.

Can we please STOP underestimating the 49ers? I'm sorry, but there are WAY too many Debbie Downers as fans, especially the guys who do the pod casting on this site, always looking for reasons why this team won't win. There's no reason we cannot run the table. We'll beat Seattle at The Stick; they won't beat us 3 straight times and any fan who thinks that is smoking something. We're built to beat teams like the Saints (every time we play these high powered offenses we win)! We have the personnel to do worse to them than the Jets did. The Jets REALLY exposed them. The Panthers, Bucks, and Skins DON'T match-up well against us AT ALL! In fact, by position and personnel, the mach-up is terrible for those teams. And I doubt Seattle win's out. They aren't gonna be a one loss team and anyone who thinks they will is giving them way too much credit. If people aren't paying attention teams are playing them a lot tougher as the season progresses, home and away. The more they put on film the harder wins are getting for them. And mark my words, come Dec. 8 there's gonna be a reckoning that's gonna change people's minds about Seattle.

I'm so tires of people finding ways and reasons we cannot run the table or wind the division. Unlike the guys on the pod cast, I think getting Wright, Manningham, Aldon, Moody, et al, is gonna be a HUGE lift for this team. It seems to me that there are more reasons to say that we'll run the table than not.There are more reasons to be more positive than negative.

So all you people/fans out there finding reasons we won't/can't win the division: just stay tuned. . . . . . . . .

We are not underestimating the 49ers, you are overestimating them. It is hard to win games in the NFL. Going 8-0 to close the season is rarely done. Can the 49ers do it? Sure, but forgive me if I don't think it is a given.
And the Seahawks are? From what I can tell many (but not all) people here are basically giving Seattle a one lose season. And I don't read many comments here that strike me as overestimating our chances. I'm not saying it's a given, and if I gave that impression I sincerely apologize. But from what I've been reading around here and hearing on the pod cast I get the distinct impression that many fans at the very least unnecessarily tampering expectations, with many thinking we're no better than a 10 win team.

Again, the remaining teams on our schedule don't match-up well against us, save for Seattle. And I absolutely DO NOT think they will go into Candlestick and beat us for the 3rd straight time. And, again, teams have been progressively playing the Seabuzzards harder and harder as they put more on film. I maintain that when we played them in week two we got out-of-body and weren't playing in our character and identity. I think the coaching staff over-caoched and got carried away with C. Kaep's 400+ yard performance in week one because they listened too much to teams saying how much they planned on hitting the QB. (As a football coach myself I've been guilty of that a time or two.) We changed our offense before teams first proved they could stop what it is we do well. That won't happen anymore this season.

Again, I'm not saying it's a given that we'll run the table. But given the progression of the season I it's understandable that people like myself expect it. I don't think it's an overestimation to think our chances are more than good that we'll win the division again. We are giving the Seaducks way too much credit.
Way to change the argument. Anyway, I agree that it is unlikely that Seattle will win their next 7 games. Of course there is us, and their offense is weak. Their defense is world-class, though, and that is the only reason why they haven't had 3 more losses already.

I want to see how effective our offense is against Seattle at the stick. Hopefully with all these weapons Kap will have confidence and move the rock like a g.
Apparently 19% of us have diarrhea.
I see 49ers at 12-4 barring any catastrophic injury to any mainline player. Carolina is a VERY tough & physical game. Seachickens is tough, Deadskins is tough, the AINTS could go either way. Those are the 4 that scare me somewhat, Say we get out of those 3-1 or 2-2 it will be either a 13-3 or 12-4 season. All I really hope for is 49er wins & health the rest of the way and if we do gotta go on the road in the playoffs, then so be it. It can be done and has been done before.
49ers will choke the last half of the season and miss the playoffs
I think we lose to seattle even at home, and I think we'll also lose to the saints...if we lose to the panthers...eeek...i'm saying we win and end at 12-4....

I love our team, but they have proved when they face colts/seahawks we can't quite matchup. I really don't think Mario will make a difference...it would be nice but we only throw 15-20 times a game, and we never use 3 wide sets...crabtree might make a difference but...even that's a stretch.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think we lose to seattle even at home, and I think we'll also lose to the saints...if we lose to the panthers...eeek...i'm saying we win and end at 12-4....

I love our team, but they have proved when they face colts/seahawks we can't quite matchup. I really don't think Mario will make a difference...it would be nice but we only throw 15-20 times a game, and we never use 3 wide sets...crabtree might make a difference but...even that's a stretch.

...Really?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

had the coaches not had their head in their ass we could have beat the colts. we did not match up with seattle on one day up there. mario will make a difference, it will take double teams off of boldin and now they have three guys to worry about while still trying to stop the run and then worrying about how we will make clever use of ck
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
49ers will choke the last half of the season and miss the playoffs
wow, i said that last year and was torn apart unlike last year when i felt the team was regressing, as i was proved wrong,,,,, they are just picking up steam and will be playing even better ball in a month as compared to what we are doing now,,,,, and now is not tragically bad
Boy, the SEA team of last 4 weeks sure didn't look like the team that beat us. Defenses are now surrounding wilson and not sacking him as much as keeping him penned in. Kind of like SEA played against Kap....DEs just waited at LOS for Kap to make a move. No trying to crush him...altho they did that too. More than anything, I think games 2 and 3 were coaching losses, in that Coach H had not decided what to do with Kap....let him play balz to the walls as in GB game with anything goes, vs the next two games where kap appeared to be told, stay here in the pocket...and don't move. Well, he followed directions, but our team looked like it was lost...or more precisely, roman and Coach couldn't figure out how to protect Kap from a RG3 essentially career ending situation. By Game 4, it looked like they had impressed on kap to slide often and early, not take on LBs and CBs, and to concentrate on running game...which we then did for the last 5 games.

I would expect kap to throw more in the Carolina game, altho that may not be needed. At N.O., Kap will have to pass about half the time, and he will have to be given the green lite to change a run to a passing check off play when the D puts 8-10 guys on LOS. Also I would hope to see a re-emergence of the Anquan Boldin jump ball passes , altho Anquan will have to play on the Rt side, where he has the jump ball pass down pat. Against SEA all the above holds true, but the D is going to study the last 4 games of D game plans against the seahawks. They were excellent, and SEA was lucky to not lose 2 or even 3 of those games. I see a W coming against SEA, but am a little edgy on the Saints game. Payton is best signal caller in the game today, and Brees is his close friend. We will be up against it in N.O.

Whatever, my 11-5 is looking not so good, right now, and I am thankful for that. SEA remains the one team that is our equal on a daily basis, and they seem to be able to weather all sorts of storms. Speaking of which, we have not had two of our top 3 WRs from last yr on the field, aldon has been out 5 games, (Imagine him sober...lookout!), plus other guys have been nicked and dinged. Great time for a bye and a good start for the 2nd half of season.
NFC predictions:

1. Seattle, 14-2
2. New Orleans, 12-4
3. Green Bay, 11-5
4. Dallas, 9-7
5. San Francisco, 11-5
6. Detroit, 10-6

Wildcard:

San Francisco 35, Dallas 27
Detroit 42, Green Bay 38

Divisionals:

Seattle 30, Detroit 17
San Francisco 31, New Orleans 30

NFC Championship:

Seattle 49, San Francisco 16
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
NFC predictions:

1. Seattle, 14-2
2. New Orleans, 12-4
3. Green Bay, 11-5
4. Dallas, 9-7
5. San Francisco, 11-5
6. Detroit, 10-6

Wildcard:

Detroit 42, Green Bay 38

Divisionals:

Seattle 30, Detroit 17

NFC Championship:

flip 2 and 5 and you got it,, plus if rogers is gone then its a new ball game for the packers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
NFC predictions:

1. Seattle, 14-2
2. New Orleans, 12-4
3. Green Bay, 11-5
4. Dallas, 9-7
5. San Francisco, 11-5
6. Detroit, 10-6

Wildcard:

Detroit 42, Green Bay 38

Divisionals:

Seattle 30, Detroit 17

NFC Championship:

flip 2 and 5 and you got it,, plus if rogers is gone then its a new ball game for the packers
oh and yes i disagree with your predicted nfc title score,i must be the only one not scared of playing the hawks up there. i welcome it and it should be embraced by all as the ultimate challenge. now of course we are also assuming we will play them up there.i would not dismiss a theory floated by many that seattle is headed for a end of the year tailspin. however if we do end up playing them up there for the title, that is just fine with me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you also got alot of people scoring alot of points on our defense. why is this?
1. Seattle
2. New Orleans
3. Detroit
4. Dallas
5. SF
6. Green Bay

Wild Card Round:

SF over Dallas 27-20
Green Bay over Detroit 33-27

Divisional Round:

SF over NO 34-24
Green Bay over Seattle 30-26