LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

• cciowa
  • Veteran
the problem is that people convince themselves we will run the table and then they go insane when we lose a game. i love this team and the way its built now and understand it will only get better but i also know its football and anything can happen. i see one , maybe two losses at the most in our future for the rest of the season. i think we will go 12-4 and with the way the hawks luck is going we may not win the division. i do not think that is tragic because i believe this team is built for a deep run in the playoffs and i would relish the chance to beat seattle up there.
I don't think we will win out. That would be impressive. If Crabtree were back at 100% now, I'd have more confidence. But without a legitimate threat at WR other than Boldin, we have a glaring weakness on offense and will have a tough time beating teams with solid run defenses.

Fortunately, I think the Seacocks will blow at least 2 or 3 more games this season. They have looked so crappy the past two weeks against terrible teams.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't think we will win out. That would be impressive. If Crabtree were back at 100% now, I'd have more confidence. But without a legitimate threat at WR other than Boldin, we have a glaring weakness on offense and will have a tough time beating teams with solid run defenses.

Fortunately, I think the Seacocks will blow at least 2 or 3 more games this season. They have looked so crappy the past two weeks against terrible teams.

not sure about the hawks, they seem to have that dumb luck , however i think they will continue to just get by, while continuing to crow and strut thus setting themselves up to come crashing down if we end up playing them in the playoffs up there. I am pretty sure we can take them at home but i think we will end up losing a game or two which will put us in second place
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
sweep?? we aint beating the redskins bro. RG3 is back and probably better than Montana.
It starts this week with Carolina, but then if we get past Seattle and NO... then the only thing stopping us would be focus. This team has its eyes on the brass ring, and no matter how the season ends, as a fan I will already be proud of them for the way they handled the adversity of the the first 8 games.
Skins wont be a tough game at all...

Skins defense is trash...
Special Teams is trash...
Kyle Shanny isn't consist in his play callin...
Niners will def be able to shut down the run...and when u shut down the run...RG3 has been hella sporadic this year...

cant wait to go to this game MNF
Nope. Three reasons: Breesus. New Orleans defense. In the dome in NOLA.

Seriously, this Saints game is the only game left on our schedule I see us flat out losing. Don't get me wrong, this second half definitely heats up, we face tough competition and many of the teams left will not be push overs. This second half will test us and we'll face adversity (again) but if we keep ballin out like we are now, getting healthier and stronger, I see us only losing to the Saints but beating the rest of our competition, including Seattle who appear to be slowing down.
I don't expect them to lose to any of the teams left on the schedule. Seattle, New Orleans, and Washington will require the offense to be on. There is also always the possible how'd they lose to that crap team with the Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Rams and Cards.

It is really unfortunate that the Texans and Bucs failed to close out the Seahawks when they had the game won... but the good thing is that it puts the pressure on the 49ers to keep winning and they've responded well to that pressure.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I don't expect them to lose to any of the teams left on the schedule. Seattle, New Orleans, and Washington will require the offense to be on. There is also always the possible how'd they lose to that crap team with the Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Rams and Cards.

It is really unfortunate that the Texans and Bucs failed to close out the Seahawks when they had the game won... but the good thing is that it puts the pressure on the 49ers to keep winning and they've responded well to that pressure.
we also have a history, this year, of manhandling bad teams while seattle squeaks by. that is a pretty important point in my opinion. good teams or elite teams do not let bottom tier people hang with them
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
carolina, tampa bay, New Orleans, and Seattle will give us real trouble.

Can we please STOP underestimating the 49ers? I'm sorry, but there are WAY too many Debbie Downers as fans, especially the guys who do the pod casting on this site, always looking for reasons why this team won't win. There's no reason we cannot run the table. We'll beat Seattle at The Stick; they won't beat us 3 straight times and any fan who thinks that is smoking something. We're built to beat teams like the Saints (every time we play these high powered offenses we win)! We have the personnel to do worse to them than the Jets did. The Jets REALLY exposed them. The Panthers, Bucks, and Skins DON'T match-up well against us AT ALL! In fact, by position and personnel, the mach-up is terrible for those teams. And I doubt Seattle win's out. They aren't gonna be a one loss team and anyone who thinks they will is giving them way too much credit. If people aren't paying attention teams are playing them a lot tougher as the season progresses, home and away. The more they put on film the harder wins are getting for them. And mark my words, come Dec. 8 there's gonna be a reckoning that's gonna change people's minds about Seattle.

I'm so tires of people finding ways and reasons we cannot run the table or wind the division. Unlike the guys on the pod cast, I think getting Wright, Manningham, Aldon, Moody, et al, is gonna be a HUGE lift for this team. It seems to me that there are more reasons to say that we'll run the table than not.There are more reasons to be more positive than negative.

So all you people/fans out there finding reasons we won't/can't win the division: just stay tuned. . . . . . . . .

We are not underestimating the 49ers, you are overestimating them. It is hard to win games in the NFL. Going 8-0 to close the season is rarely done. Can the 49ers do it? Sure, but forgive me if I don't think it is a given.
And the Seahawks are? From what I can tell many (but not all) people here are basically giving Seattle a one lose season. And I don't read many comments here that strike me as overestimating our chances. I'm not saying it's a given, and if I gave that impression I sincerely apologize. But from what I've been reading around here and hearing on the pod cast I get the distinct impression that many fans at the very least unnecessarily tampering expectations, with many thinking we're no better than a 10 win team.

Again, the remaining teams on our schedule don't match-up well against us, save for Seattle. And I absolutely DO NOT think they will go into Candlestick and beat us for the 3rd straight time. And, again, teams have been progressively playing the Seabuzzards harder and harder as they put more on film. I maintain that when we played them in week two we got out-of-body and weren't playing in our character and identity. I think the coaching staff over-caoched and got carried away with C. Kaep's 400+ yard performance in week one because they listened too much to teams saying how much they planned on hitting the QB. (As a football coach myself I've been guilty of that a time or two.) We changed our offense before teams first proved they could stop what it is we do well. That won't happen anymore this season.

Again, I'm not saying it's a given that we'll run the table. But given the progression of the season I it's understandable that people like myself expect it. I don't think it's an overestimation to think our chances are more than good that we'll win the division again. We are giving the Seaducks way too much credit.

Originally posted by cciowa:
the problem is that people convince themselves we will run the table and then they go insane when we lose a game. i love this team and the way its built now and understand it will only get better but i also know its football and anything can happen. i see one , maybe two losses at the most in our future for the rest of the season. i think we will go 12-4 and with the way the hawks luck is going we may not win the division. i do not think that is tragic because i believe this team is built for a deep run in the playoffs and i would relish the chance to beat seattle up there.
I agree with the 12-4 final record (but I'd say 13-3), and that this team is built to go deep in the playoffs. But Seattle's luck will run out. As I've stated, as the season has progressed and as they put more and more on film, teams are playing them harder and harder week by week. At best they end up with the same record as us and I think they will get a home loss. They ARE NOT gonna go into Candlestick and beat us a 3rd straight time. So I really think our chances are better than good that we win the division.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I agree with the 12-4 final record (but I'd say 13-3), and that this team is built to go deep in the playoffs. But Seattle's luck will run out. As I've stated, as the season has progressed and as they put more and more on film, teams are playing them harder and harder week by week. At best they end up with the same record as us and I think they will get a home loss. They ARE NOT gonna go into Candlestick and beat us a 3rd straight time. So I really think our chances are better than good that we win the division.
i actually believe you are right and we will be 13-3 but i want to put a safety valve in there for me so when we lose a game we should not lose i will not foam to much at the mouth i am pretty sure we will get them at home but still looks like we need some help from other teams to win the division. I hate that and of course the num nut teams that could have helped us pissed it down their leg
I'm just worried about our run defense. If we get our run D back to 2011 or even 2012 form, we have a decent chance of winning out.
Niners can beat any team, anywhere, anytime.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

we also have a history, this year, of manhandling bad teams while seattle squeaks by. that is a pretty important point in my opinion. good teams or elite teams do not let bottom tier people hang with them

Seattle is completely over-hyped and I think right now it is becoming more and more obvious. They have talent and can probably beat anybody, but that is pretty embarrassing to find yourself down 20 points and 21 points to two of the worst teams in the NFL. It is kind of funny watching their fans react as overly obnoxious d-bags because of the wins, trying desperately to hide their growing concerns. Every once in a while a bad team will play out of their minds and hang with the contenders... but this is like the 3rd or 4th time for Seattle so I agree with you that it is important.
Share 49ersWebzone