There are 39 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Candlestick Park Seats To Be Sold...

Nice..where did you get it?
Mancave Memorabilia in San Mateo
Dear 49ers Season Ticket Holder,

As we prepare to close out our Farewell Season at Candlestick Park, we are pleased to announce the unique opportunity to purchase your actual seats from the stadium we have called home since 1971. Now is your chance to bring home this one-of-a-kind collector's item, a symbol of the 49ers championship legacy over the past four decades.

Seats may be purchased starting on Monday, November 4, 2013 at 10:00AM. Seats are only sold in connected pairs for $649.00. We are not able to complete single seat orders at this time.

If you wish to purchase your specific location, please call 415-GO-49ERS for personal assistance. 49ers representatives will assist directly with this type of order. If you are interested in a non-specific location, you may purchase seats online at 49ers.com/StickSeats.

The proces of actually removing the seats from the stadium and preparing them for shipment will start in 2014. However, we expect deliveries to begin in December 2014.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Jamie Brandt
San Francisco 49ers
Vice President Fan Experience
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
a sucker is born everyday, lol

LOL, the rich get richer..... I want a pair, tho!
I really hope they keep a few and take them down to the new place and display them somewhere. I know some of the Candlestick faithful would appreciate seeing those seats on display in the new place.
Smart move on their part.

They'll be worth some big bucks - in about 300 years.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

You could probably at least double your money if you put it on ebay or craigslist the next day.
Originally posted by JD81:
So from what I'm seeing on 49ers Facebook groups and on the 49ers.com message board, season ticket holders are getting letters stating the 49ers will be selling the seats to the STH's for $649..No one has been clear if that means $649 EACH or for a pair...

Has anyone received their letter? I haven't yet.

Which FB group in particular?
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Which FB group in particular?

Few of them. Doesn't matter though, it's confirmed $649/pair.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Of all the things to overpay and collect, there's gotta be something better than an old seat that thousands of fans sat and farted on for decades. Skip.

Yuck!! I won't buy seats now unless I can sterilize them. I hate you so much right now

Sterilize with nothing less than a flame thrower.
Originally posted by n1nerman49:

sweet man, is that stuff from your man cave?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Actually, the 49ers don't own Candlestick so the $$ for those seats goes to the City of SF, not the 49ers or the Santa Clara stadium project.

This.

650 for the pair is not that bad IMO, as long as there aren't excessive fees beyond that. 1500 for a set to anyone without season tickets? That's outrageous.

Why would anyone even need 2 though? So both you and a friend can wedge into incredibly uncomfortable plastic and metal seats? If im spending $650 on seating, its going to be a nice recliner.

No one would likely ever sit in them where i plan on putting them. Just a nice piece of history. I like collecting things like this. Think of all the great memories those seats have seen over the years. a pair just looks better than a single.
Originally posted by n1nerman49:

Thats a sick setup.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

You could probably at least double your money if you put it on ebay or craigslist the next day.

I really doubt that. I just checked for stadium seats for other stadiums (baseball/football) on Ebay and they are not even listed for $650.
Originally posted by dwy621:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I really doubt that. I just checked for stadium seats for other stadiums (baseball/football) on Ebay and they are not even listed for $650.

I doubt you would double your money right away, but i just went on ebay, because you made me curious, and everything i saw from teams with storied history and a large following were going for more than $325 a piece.

Regardless, alot of fans simply would want them to enjoy for themselves. I dont ever really look at memorabilia as an investment. If it ends up being worth more money than i paid, fine, but it will be up to my kids to decide what they want to do with it when im gone.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 5, 2013 at 3:08 AM ]