There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Rogers Having a Quietly...Good Season?

he's still got a lot of years left on him.
If he restructures and TBrown walks, we'll still have Rogers, Wright, Cully and Brock and probably a mid round draft selection ....Not too shabby huh , if we were in dire need of CB help, Brown would have been locked up already ....but there will be a lot of needy teams willing to pay him bigtime cash
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If he restructures and TBrown walks, we'll still have Rogers, Wright, Cully and Brock and probably a mid round draft selection ....Not too shabby huh , if we were in dire need of CB help, Brown would have been locked up already ....but there will be a lot of needy teams willing to pay him bigtime cash

do we already have him penciled in at Seattle next year?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

do we already have him penciled in at Seattle next year?

..... I hope not
He's a very good player and has upped his game this season. What's not to like about how Carlos has played this season? I guess I just need to take a minute to remember where I'm reading this. Here in the zone you're either an all pro on your way to the hall of fame or you're hot garbage especially when it comes to the secondary. Probably the same individuals that have been ripping on Whitner and Goldson the past 2 seasons. Talk about spoiled. Anyone watch the Vikings get butt humped by Alshon Jeffery? Jeffery is bordering on elite status at WR but that's bad db play. Put Carlos on Jeffrey one on one for 8 quarters and he wont give up 250 yards. Quit complaining and enjoy watching the 49ers defense on all levels. They've been spectacular.
Nahh, he's very over-rated imo. Him and Whitner are probably our weakest link
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
All of this. Rogers does not have the change of direction and burst anymore to cover in the slot. He hasn't been a total dumpster-fire, but for a player counting 7.3 million against our cap? Yeah... not playing well enough. We cut our losses in the offseason, and we gain over 5 mil on our cap room... it is inevitable.

Why he covers the slot receiver is beyond me. He'd be better off covering the wideout so that the sideline might limit some of the patterns the receiver could run.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
All of this. Rogers does not have the change of direction and burst anymore to cover in the slot. He hasn't been a total dumpster-fire, but for a player counting 7.3 million against our cap? Yeah... not playing well enough. We cut our losses in the offseason, and we gain over 5 mil on our cap room... it is inevitable.

Why he covers the slot receiver is beyond me. He'd be better off covering the wideout so that the sideline might limit some of the patterns the receiver could run.

completely agree.. Rogers is actually a solid corner outside at LCB. His physicality and off coverage fits well with what Fangio likes.
What about Darryl Morris ... at least eventually? Doesn't he run a 4.2? Perfect for covering the quick slot receivers in this league.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
What about Darryl Morris ... at least eventually? Doesn't he run a 4.2? Perfect for covering the quick slot receivers in this league.

High hopes for him being an excellent # 3.... absolutely no idea if he ever gets many opportunities to prove himself. Most would likely consider him a distant long-shot.
easily the weakest link on our defense

dude was playing duck, duck, goose running around like an idiot last weekend in Glendale
No...he is LOUDLY having a TERRIBLE season.

The guy just can't cover.
^ FWIW

PFF has Rogers as the 71st best CB... 71st... ... and his worst grade was from last weekend's game.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I'm pretty stoked that Wright is gonna be in there instead of Rogers. Rogers covering Nelson in the slot would be a nightmare. Dude is playing like hot garbage recently, and I'd rather they just completely cut him in the offseason over forcing a pay cut.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
No...he is LOUDLY having a TERRIBLE season.

The guy just can't cover.

LMAO, I see what u did there
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]