Hello 49er faithful,
I will be heading to the game against the Rams on December 1st and have a bunch of questions that I hope will help take some of the anxiety away with dealing with parking, tailgating, etc. I've never been to Candlestick Park before and am worried about a lot of things. I want this to be a fun experience so I'm also trying to plan things out to avoid as many problems as realistically possible.
1. Parking ticket – I've read we have to get a $30 parking ticket in order to park in the lot. Is this only for the main lot, or for both main and dirt lot? Can we get this in advance, or is it first come first serve when you show up? Do they run out? If they do, where would alternate parking be at?
2. Parking location – We'll be in section UR48. Is there good area to park at in relation to this section? Or is it just a crap shoot as to what you get?
3. Tailgating – Are there any specific rules as to this pre-game tradition? My group is going to be 7, and we'll be driving up from down south to attend this game. Not really sure what to expect, as I've never tailgated before a football game. We're thinking of bringing some cornhole boards (49ers colors and logos) to setup and play while we tailgate. Would that be an issue since the front of the boards are supposed to be 27 feet apart?
4. Entrance – Since we're in UR48, it looks like we want to go in on the North side of the gym (gate E?) to be able to get to our section easier. .?
5. Does anyone know how this particular section is? Is it hard to see? Easy to see? Rowdy? Good crowd?
6. If it's raining, do they allow you to take in rain gear? Like waterproof jacket/pants?
7. What about electronics? I saw that you can't take bags in bigger than… 12x12xsomething. Are they strict on how big a camera you can take in? Video camera? I have a contour that I want to take, and then a really nice Nikon camera that I was thinking of taking for getting really nice shots at range. Thoughts?
8. Would binoculars be a good idea? Not really sure what to expect, and want to plan accordingly.
I'm sure I'll have more questions later as the date gets closer. But hopefully you guys can steer me with some good info.