LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

First Candlestick Game, Dec 1st vs Rams!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hello 49er faithful,

I will be heading to the game against the Rams on December 1st and have a bunch of questions that I hope will help take some of the anxiety away with dealing with parking, tailgating, etc. I've never been to Candlestick Park before and am worried about a lot of things. I want this to be a fun experience so I'm also trying to plan things out to avoid as many problems as realistically possible.

1. Parking ticket – I've read we have to get a $30 parking ticket in order to park in the lot. Is this only for the main lot, or for both main and dirt lot? Can we get this in advance, or is it first come first serve when you show up? Do they run out? If they do, where would alternate parking be at?

2. Parking location – We'll be in section UR48. Is there good area to park at in relation to this section? Or is it just a crap shoot as to what you get?

3. Tailgating – Are there any specific rules as to this pre-game tradition? My group is going to be 7, and we'll be driving up from down south to attend this game. Not really sure what to expect, as I've never tailgated before a football game. We're thinking of bringing some cornhole boards (49ers colors and logos) to setup and play while we tailgate. Would that be an issue since the front of the boards are supposed to be 27 feet apart?

4. Entrance – Since we're in UR48, it looks like we want to go in on the North side of the gym (gate E?) to be able to get to our section easier. .?

5. Does anyone know how this particular section is? Is it hard to see? Easy to see? Rowdy? Good crowd?

6. If it's raining, do they allow you to take in rain gear? Like waterproof jacket/pants?

7. What about electronics? I saw that you can't take bags in bigger than… 12x12xsomething. Are they strict on how big a camera you can take in? Video camera? I have a contour that I want to take, and then a really nice Nikon camera that I was thinking of taking for getting really nice shots at range. Thoughts?

8. Would binoculars be a good idea? Not really sure what to expect, and want to plan accordingly.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later as the date gets closer. But hopefully you guys can steer me with some good info.

Thanks!
You seem way over welmed !
All the parking passes are gone ! You need to buy one on stub hub if you want to b close and enjoy the party ! Prob gonna cost u $100 bucks or more this year.

The dirt lots are fine. Bring some beers and mingle.

Go in any entrance to get to your seat.... RELAX Enjoy the Hollowed experience my son....

Go to the main gate by bud light plaza. 49ers store and the meuseum.

The 5 SILVER trophys are in there....................
What planet are you from?

Jk...get to the stick around 8am and you can pay cash to get in the main lot

After that BBQ and drink then go with the flow
Wow, first and last game at the stick

49Allthetime got it -- get there at 8 a.m.

If it were a Raider game, at 8 a.m. they would be ghost riding the whip in the parking lot
1. Parking - The yellow passes are sold out to season ticket holders. You either buy one on the secondary market or a scalper (results may vary) or you can pay at the gate for $30 in cash when they first open. How long they stay open is dependent on the game but it will be very short. If you don't get in there just head on down to the dirt lots (it will take you forever to get out though)
2. Parking location - I would worry more about getting out when deciding your parking location than worrying about your seats.
3. Tailgating - Have a blast, you will be fine
4. I wouldn't worry too much. Probably E, any of them actually work, just walk around till you get to you section.
5. Not sure
6. No they make you go in naked. Of course you can bring rain gear.
7. Not sure
8. I would bring binocs. I sit in UB54 and use them all the time for figuring out personnel on the other side of the field. Or checking the sidelines for injured players/Harbaugh chewing people out/Kap looking at photos, etc.
You're in luck. This will be Crabtree first game back
I'll be there!! Woooohoooo!

Dirt parking lot is the best. You don't get stuck in the hoopla of traffic getting outta the main parking lot after the game
geesus, tickets are like 150. f**k!!!!
I've been coming to the old dump (aka Candlestick ) from England every year since 07, and I've pretty much tried the lot with parking etc. My take is:

Unless you can't/don't like to walk, or if the weather is really awful, or if you really need the car (you mention setting up a tailgate, in which case you need it), consider going by Muni to Gilman/Paul station and either taking the complimentary bus to the stadium or walking (a 15 minute walk, tops). That's if you're travelling from downtown. It's not the most picturesque neighbourhood ever, but there are too many people about and I've always felt safe, particularly in company (and there's 7 of you). After trying it once I never took the car again.

If you must take the car, go for the dirt lots. They look grimy, sure, but unless you leave early, get ready to be stuck in a massive traffic jam if you park in the inside lots.

If it rains, the experience may suck for you, so get proper rain gear. I bring my sailing waterproofs, no kidding!

Any entrance is cool.

I generally sit in LB or LR, so I'm not sure about the view from your seat. Only electronics I bring along is my smartphone which doubles as camera. No bag obviously.
You should buy those 10 dollar tshirts from those sellers walking around, save yourself some money on niner gear!

Originally posted by SFfan79:
Hello 49er faithful,

I will be heading to the game against the Rams on December 1st and have a bunch of questions that I hope will help take some of the anxiety away with dealing with parking, tailgating, etc. I've never been to Candlestick Park before and am worried about a lot of things. I want this to be a fun experience so I'm also trying to plan things out to avoid as many problems as realistically possible.

1. Parking ticket – I've read we have to get a $30 parking ticket in order to park in the lot. Is this only for the main lot, or for both main and dirt lot? Can we get this in advance, or is it first come first serve when you show up? Do they run out? If they do, where would alternate parking be at?

2. Parking location – We'll be in section UR48. Is there good area to park at in relation to this section? Or is it just a crap shoot as to what you get?

3. Tailgating – Are there any specific rules as to this pre-game tradition? My group is going to be 7, and we'll be driving up from down south to attend this game. Not really sure what to expect, as I've never tailgated before a football game. We're thinking of bringing some cornhole boards (49ers colors and logos) to setup and play while we tailgate. Would that be an issue since the front of the boards are supposed to be 27 feet apart?

4. Entrance – Since we're in UR48, it looks like we want to go in on the North side of the gym (gate E?) to be able to get to our section easier. .?

5. Does anyone know how this particular section is? Is it hard to see? Easy to see? Rowdy? Good crowd?

6. If it's raining, do they allow you to take in rain gear? Like waterproof jacket/pants?

7. What about electronics? I saw that you can't take bags in bigger than… 12x12xsomething. Are they strict on how big a camera you can take in? Video camera? I have a contour that I want to take, and then a really nice Nikon camera that I was thinking of taking for getting really nice shots at range. Thoughts?

8. Would binoculars be a good idea? Not really sure what to expect, and want to plan accordingly.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later as the date gets closer. But hopefully you guys can steer me with some good info.

Thanks!

LOL Your post got me jacked up for the game and I don't even get to go. Your enthusiasm came across brilliantly in your post. Sorry I can't help you as I've never been to a game at Candlestick.

Be sure to dig up this thread after the game and fill us in on your gameday experience. Have a great time and as always GO NINERS GO!!
Thanks for all the info everyone. Really helpful. I'm sure everything will work out just fine, but I like to be prepared for anything.
Originally posted by SFfan79:
Thanks for all the info everyone. Really helpful. I'm sure everything will work out just fine, but I like to be prepared for anything.

Advice.

Prepare for all seasons (no joke). Bring hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, short sleeve shirt. If the sun is out those seats can get hot. Also prepare for rain and freezing cold and wind. Candlestick you never know what to expect. The bag I bring into games has both gloves and sunscreen in it lol.

You don't have to bring everything into the stadium, just bring it all in the car and then decide based on the tailgate what you will need for this game.

The coldest game I have been to in the last year and a half was an August preseason game and the hottest was in Dec. Place is a bizzaro world of weather.
I'm also going to this game as my 1st in candlestick. I got some good tickets but want to make sure I'm not too close to the field with players on the sidelines blocking the view. The seats are in LE29 7th row from the field - does anyone know if the view if blocked by the visitor's bench?
Does anyone know what area of the stadium that the friends/families of the players sit? Might be getting some tickets from a practice squad guy but not sure where they will be yet.
Share 49ersWebzone