There are 586 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er Game Plan in the Season's Second Half

Originally posted by 49erWay:
We all know there may be more passing to the receivers with the return of some injured key players. We all know we need some impact from Carradine and Dial. We all know Williams is never seeing a kick again.

So far the 49ers have shown the ability to shoot it out against Green Bay, and dominate time of possession and yardage against others.

They've also improved strongly on special teams with the exception of returning.

How much change do you see in the game plan on all sides of the ball and what do you see changing?

I believe this staff has formed an identity and they will keep it that way but with subtle changes to the passing game, while burying some of what we do now for the playoffs to add to the unexpected in the playoffs.
I so hear that, in all of sports in my opinion that's the key to show one type of front and then when the game is played when it starts to really really counts like the playoffs to play with a completely different scheme that totally blows the other teams out. I think though the 49ers did what they needed to do to simplify things to play with what they had and playing with a game plan with the pieces they had that could win them games. I feel that Harbaugh knew he did not have the pieces to play with an offense that was similar to an Arron Rogers offense with 350+ yards a game passing, and played to more Kaepernick's strength, which is to run. With two highly productive WRs coming back, the one aspect of the 49ers that I hope improves is sustained drives (better time of possession), continued better ball control (not to turn the ball over), and putting the ball into the end zone on offense. If we could get at least a Crabtree that can catch the ball consistently and keep the chains moving, I think that would be big, I think if I was Harbaugh, I would use him more as a reliable hands guy instead of someone to score as Crabtree coming back from that type of injury, I feel definitely he might not be the Crabtree that we know from last year, but we might not need him to be the Crabtree from last year, just a consistent pass catcher, to keep the pressure on the other team's D, sustaining drives, so that Boldin, Davis, or Manningham can punch it in. On Defense, I would expect to see better run defense, forcing more passes that ends up as Ints, as Aldon Smith will be a welcome addition to the pass rush portion.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Fire Greg Roman and re-hire Jimmy Raye

raye would have known you try to run with gore on second and goal from the five instead of using him as a decoy.

Raye would have run on 2nd down no matter the distance, time left, ball placement or personnel.

Run - run - short pass - punt. The Raye offense.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Fire Greg Roman and re-hire Jimmy Raye

raye would have known you try to run with gore on second and goal from the five instead of using him as a decoy.

Raye would have run on 2nd down no matter the distance, time left, ball placement or personnel.

Run - run - short pass - punt. The Raye offense.

If reye could even stay awake during the game lmao
The Denver-Kansas City game has been flexed to the Sunday night game in Week 11. There was some speculation the 49ers' game at New Orleans could be flexed. San Francisco's Dec. 8 game against NFC West rival Seattle may be a prime candidate to be moved to the night slot.
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Offense: score more points
Defense: shutdown offenses and create more turnovers
Special Team: find a return man, cut K.Williams
Coaching: stop being so fu*king conservative in the second half and allowing teams back in the game. Pedal to the Metal all the way baybee!
Candlestick Fans: stfu when Kap and the offense is on the field
Home Fans: stop fu*king yelling at the TV, Harbaugh and the team won't hear you. Just cheer loud as fu*k instead of being a couch coach
Bar Fans: get drunk and punch a loud mouth Seacawks fan in the face
Other Fans: stop panicking when we're trailing after the first quarter
Gooo Niners!!!

808 your a profit! Nice post lol
Goniners

Thinking we see more McDonald in the second half early and then it drops off so its a surprise in the playoffs again.

Just a little more blitzing to warm it up for the playoffs.

Defense is better overall second half and especially headed into the playoffs considering Wright and Carradine and Smith and Willis hand repaired.

Patton replaces Williams on the offense.
I want to see more passes spread around and get all of our players involved in the offense - especially McDonald.

I want to see Kaep learn how to work progreessions so that he is free to look at all options and take the ones that are open.

I want to see Kaep get into slants and screens which may be more of a Roman thing than a Kaep thing.

I want to see our return game develop on special teams and see improved field position for us, so that means something has to happen to KW. But if LMJ can't catch the punts then we are stuck with KW unless Seely can figure something else out.

I want to see more defensive line rotation and get Dial and Carradine some work especially if we are winning by a blowout.

I want to see Aldon Smith and Lemonier get more sacks and increase the pressure on the opposing QBs.

I want to see consistent movement of the ball, consistent scoring, time of possession, and better efficiency in the Red Zone. I also want to see balance between passing and running and still do what we do best - Run the ball.

I would like to see us run the table all the way to the super bowl and win it.