There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er Game Plan in the Season's Second Half

I'll be highly surprised if we're not close to 50/50 pass/run ratio during the final few games, as we should have a complete receiving core.
I think those two games against the Colts/Seahawks really made the staff focus on running the ball, especially that Colts game after we got away from running it after we dominated on the second(?) drive of the game when we got our sole score.

Yea, Kaepernick will eventually need to air it out, but we're leading the league in rushing after not gaining barely anything on the ground the first two games.
Yes, we are LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING. Keep that going.

Now, if they start putting LMJ in the slot, keep Williams off the field, and do some other things that could get interesting.

Question is can LMJ handle the slot and what other things will happen?
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Yes, we are LEADING THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING. Keep that going.

Now, if they start putting LMJ in the slot, keep Williams off the field, and do some other things that could get interesting.

Question is can LMJ handle the slot and what other things will happen?

LMJ is a RB not a slot receiver, he won't look nearly as quick if he's taking on DB's instead of LB's and DT's. The 49ers might get some value out of scenario you've described, but I don't think this team needs gimmicks. It needs to get healthy and it needs to execute....

Incidentally, early in the year teams adjusted to the read-option. Now, offenses are making further adjustments to the adjustments, hence more success from the 49ers using the read-option lately.
bz, I have been wrong about LMJ ever since we drafted him. I was sure he was drafted as a position player, eg a sproles like player...get LMj the ball in space and see if the LBs can catch him. Wrong, didn't happen. Then midseason last yr, I was sure Coach was going to use him that way...wrong again. This yr I KNEW LMJ was going to be used like sproles...and then LMJ got some kind of TC injury...and then he didn't play much at all. Now at midseason, I know Coach will use him like sproles. History hasn't been very kind to me on LMJ and his use in our offense.

One thing that puzzles me, and that is, if he is the 4th RB on the team, why not use him split wide of kap...like sproles. I know LMJ ran between tackles in college, but this is the NFL and DTs here are twice the size and twice as fast as college. LMJ's record of running between tackles here is not stellar. So the question: what in the heck DID they draft him in 2nd rd for?
Frank Gire is 3rd in rushing and punching it in the endzone. Aside from more shorter passes to extend drives and TOP, I don't think we change a thing.

Offense has turned into a high scoring team...all this while running the ball (very difficult combination).

Maybe we don't try to make the big plays and turn into a checkdown ball control and value TOP over scoring points.
The game plan is to trust Roman. Who just put up 174 points in the last 5 games.
Win
Originally posted by verb1der:
The game plan is to trust Roman. Who just put up 174 points in the last 5 games.

Ah more like 150. Fangios boys scored 2tds remember.
Offense: score more points
Defense: shutdown offenses and create more turnovers
Special Team: find a return man, cut K.Williams
Coaching: stop being so fu*king conservative in the second half and allowing teams back in the game. Pedal to the Metal all the way baybee!
Candlestick Fans: stfu when Kap and the offense is on the field
Home Fans: stop fu*king yelling at the TV, Harbaugh and the team won't hear you. Just cheer loud as fu*k instead of being a couch coach
Bar Fans: get drunk and punch a loud mouth Seacawks fan in the face
Other Fans: stop panicking when we're trailing after the first quarter
Gooo Niners!!!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

doh!!! 160
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
This is a 6-2 team that has been a contender for a few years now, including a Super Bowl appearance last season. What more is there change that hasn't already been seen by other teams before? The 49ers are a running football team that can pass if they need to, other teams know it, so do we. For my tastes, it is about getting healthy (which expands playbook) and improving execution.

Yeah, the 49ers have had some stinkers against the Seahawks recently, but this team has the talent to beat anybody in the league.

Well put. Niners really gotta redeem themselves on 12/8. If the Niners win in a close one, it'll be a moral victory for Seattle. Imo, it must be total annihilation!
respectfully disagree. if we win 12-9 it means the same. do not get caught up in appearances.

Believe it or not, moral victories are for real!

True and seahawks just had theirs vs rams! If we win no matter the score vs seahawks. Both have same record, we win the tie due to strength of schedule therefore own tie breaker! Moral victory goes to us.... We started 1-2 and was counted out by the league. Moral victory will meet our redemption
i hate people who are scared of a team or going somewhere where it may be hard to win. i hate them and they can go hide under the bed in my opinion till the game is over

lol
sorry verb,, i do not hate you,,,,, i guess i was looking at an excuse to froth at the mouth. 49erAlltime was worried i was becoming to nice

Lmao i agree our guys cant be scared! If so we dont deserve to be in the playoffs. We can beat seattle, its just crossing that hump. We have the team to do it. Just in that scenario we would have to get it done!
Caged animal with back against a wall is not one to mess with! We aint hamsters lol our teams destiny is in their own hands! Our plan for 2nd half is simple! WIN :)
Just have to get there one game at a time
And its ok to be nice! Nicness is not a weakness....
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

doh!!!

Even better is we got a td from seelys squad as well!
All 3 phases putting in work
Gotta love it
Goniners
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Offense: score more points
Defense: shutdown offenses and create more turnovers
Special Team: find a return man, cut K.Williams
Coaching: stop being so fu*king conservative in the second half and allowing teams back in the game. Pedal to the Metal all the way baybee!
Candlestick Fans: stfu when Kap and the offense is on the field
Home Fans: stop fu*king yelling at the TV, Harbaugh and the team won't hear you. Just cheer loud as fu*k instead of being a couch coach
Bar Fans: get drunk and punch a loud mouth Seacawks fan in the face
Other Fans: stop panicking when we're trailing after the first quarter
Gooo Niners!!!

808 your a profit! Nice post lol
Goniners
Stay Healthy and Unleash Hell.