There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49er Game Plan in the Season's Second Half

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
This is a 6-2 team that has been a contender for a few years now, including a Super Bowl appearance last season. What more is there change that hasn't already been seen by other teams before? The 49ers are a running football team that can pass if they need to, other teams know it, so do we. For my tastes, it is about getting healthy (which expands playbook) and improving execution.

Yeah, the 49ers have had some stinkers against the Seahawks recently, but this team has the talent to beat anybody in the league.

Well put. Niners really gotta redeem themselves on 12/8. If the Niners win in a close one, it'll be a moral victory for Seattle. Imo, it must be total annihilation!
respectfully disagree. if we win 12-9 it means the same. do not get caught up in appearances.
Originally posted by cciowa:
This is a 6-2 team that has been a contender for a few years now, including a Super Bowl appearance last season. What more is there change that hasn't already been seen by other teams before? The 49ers are a running football team that can pass if they need to, other teams know it, so do we. For my tastes, it is about getting healthy (which expands playbook) and improving execution.

Yeah, the 49ers have had some stinkers against the Seahawks recently, but this team has the talent to beat anybody in the league.

Well put. Niners really gotta redeem themselves on 12/8. If the Niners win in a close one, it'll be a moral victory for Seattle. Imo, it must be total annihilation!
respectfully disagree. if we win 12-9 it means the same. do not get caught up in appearances.

seriously just win the damn game

Believe it or not, moral victories are for real!
The game plan should be to spread the carries down to Hunter a bit. Gore needs to be a workhorse come playoff time. Limit his carries to preserve him. Hunter is nearly a year removed from his injury and should be close to 100% now. His body is fresh from playing half of last season and very limited snaps thus far this season. Other than that, get better at everything.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

they do not matter in the win loss column. at the end of the day you got beat. moral victories is just something people use as a built in excuse for their inability to win the game in my opinion. as sincal says,, just win the game. Now of course we can not lose focus on the games between now and then. if we do not take care of our stuff in the games leading up to seattle, the seattle game may not have any meaning

they do not matter in the win loss column. at the end of the day you got beat. moral victories is just something people use as a built in excuse for their inability to win the game in my opinion. as sincal says,, just win the game. Now of course we can not lose focus on the games between now and then. if we do not take care of our stuff in the games leading up to seattle, the seattle game may not have any meaning

It does matter considering there's a potential playoff rematch.

A complete ass kicking imo helps establish true home field advantage.. why do you think every single Niner fan is terrified of going to Seattle in the playoffs?
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM ]
Hit them in the mouth and be Fysical
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
It does matter considering there's a potential playoff rematch.

A complete ass kicking imo helps establish true home field advantage.. why do you think every single Niner fan is terrified of going to Seattle in the playoffs?
i am not scared of it and i embrace it as a challenge. sooner or later we had to beat dallas back in the day,, sooner or later we had to beat green bay.. one of these days we need to beat the giants and sooner or later we have to win at seattle. we just can not keeping being "scared "of that. its a challenge and it should be embraced by the fans, players and coaches in my opinion. You can not tell me the ultimate satisfaction would be to beat them up there in the second most important game a team will ever play? if you are terrified you got no business playing the game in my opinion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i hate people who are scared of a team or going somewhere where it may be hard to win. i hate them and they can go hide under the bed in my opinion till the game is over
i hate people who are scared of a team or going somewhere where it may be hard to win. i hate them and they can go hide under the bed in my opinion till the game is over

lol

this actually sounds positive
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

lol
sorry verb,, i do not hate you,,,,, i guess i was looking at an excuse to froth at the mouth. 49erAlltime was worried i was becoming to nice
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

this actually sounds positive
the thing i hate the f**king worse are coaches who crawl into a fetal position in a big game and play not to win the god damn ball game , esp when the god damn game is perfectly winnable. i hate a coach who f**ks up a unf**kable situation

lol
sorry verb,, i do not hate you,,,,, i guess i was looking at an excuse to froth at the mouth. 49erAlltime was worried i was becoming to nice

Put me down with sincal and cc. I want to annihilate the seahawks, at least by 1 pt. A W is a W is a W.

The how is going to require kap to do something that for some reason, Coach has not allowed him to do yet...and that is when he sees a box 8 or 10, maybe 11, he needs to be able to check down to a one stepper, as in snap it and sling it. It's a really simple play, TEs or slot need to be ready the moment they leave the LOS. Running frank into a box 10 got him 74 yrds(in a win), but against N.O, SEA, that won't cut it. We have to have an answer for the box 10 and kap has to be able to check down into it himself....screw roman. That one thing, is what will kill us against Saints and SEA....and we will see a box 8,10, and 11. Guaranteed.

Exactly why kap has not be allowed to check out of a run into the box 8-10 is a mystery to me, and most others. It is the one play that can get and us over the hump against elite teams who put all their guys either on the LOS or a step from it. And a 1 second flick pass to TEs or slot will fix that, and move the opponents back where they belong.