Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Score more points than the opposition

So crazy, it just might work.

I think I like that preposition.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:
We all know there may be more passing to the receivers with the return of some injured key players. We all know we need some impact from Carradine and Dial. We all know Williams is never seeing a kick again.

So far the 49ers have shown the ability to shoot it out against Green Bay, and dominate time of possession and yardage against others.

They've also improved strongly on special teams with the exception of returning.

How much change do you see in the game plan on all sides of the ball and what do you see changing?

I believe this staff has formed an identity and they will keep it that way but with subtle changes to the passing game, while burying some of what we do now for the playoffs to add to the unexpected in the playoffs.
I am sorry, but I don't think that is a given. Williams had a bad game, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he has lost the job.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
the game plan is to win

Agree
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Get Boldin in the ENDZONE MORE.
Spam is not the plan
Throw the football more than 15 times per game since people are coming back. I would like us to be a averaging 25-30 passes per game once MM and Crabtree are back in the line up.
Blow out more teams, especially the Shecawks and it's old wrinkled vagina looking coach.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Throw the football more than 15 times per game since people are coming back. I would like us to be a averaging 25-30 passes per game once MM and Crabtree are back in the line up.

if we are throwing less than 15 times a game, it probably means we are destroying the opponent with our run game. I'll take that over your need for passing stats
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Keep the run option, while also incorporating play action.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:

if we are throwing less than 15 times a game, it probably means we are destroying the opponent with our run game. I'll take that over your need for passing stats
of course this is the truth,, why are people so much in love with the pass. three incomplete passes , you put your defense right back there on the field. i chuckle at people who breathlessly say we need to change and throw all over the place when mario and crabs come back. why destroy everything that has been working so well as of late

If anything with the two WRs coming back we should run even MORE. The opposition can't keep stacking the box when our potential receiving threats are multiplying. I want us to be the 2011 version of the 9ers (brutal D, great running, big turnover advantage), only with a more explosive QB if he's needed, and with someone better on punt return duty than Butterfingers Kyle.

It would be extra sweet if an old fashioned run-first team won it all in this pass happy era.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paulk205:
If anything with the two WRs coming back we should run even MORE. The opposition can't keep stacking the box when our potential receiving threats are multiplying. I want us to be the 2011 version of the 9ers (brutal D, great running, big turnover advantage), only with a more explosive QB if he's needed, and with someone better on punt return duty than Butterfingers Kyle.

It would be extra sweet if an old fashioned run-first team won it all in this pass happy era.
of course this is the truth,,,, we have always been a run first team, despite what some people want. Almost like the first year of jh with a great run game, defense and special special teams. The nuance is that we have a qb no one can fall asleep on due to his legs and we can hurt you with the pass as well. we are not a good team to play when you are down by two scores going into the fourth quarter while on the other hand if we have to play catchup in the fourth quarter, we can do that with the pass game . that pass game, which is not tragically bad now, will only get better. I have always said this team is built for a deep playoff run now,,, with the additions coming nothing has changed my mind IF roman does not go into his alter ego nutty professor mode and f**k it all up. i say he is the key to whether or not we make a deep playoff run.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I think I like that preposition.

Proposition.
This is a 6-2 team that has been a contender for a few years now, including a Super Bowl appearance last season. What more is there change that hasn't already been seen by other teams before? The 49ers are a running football team that can pass if they need to, other teams know it, so do we. For my tastes, it is about getting healthy (which expands playbook) and improving execution.

Yeah, the 49ers have had some stinkers against the Seahawks recently, but this team has the talent to beat anybody in the league.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
This is a 6-2 team that has been a contender for a few years now, including a Super Bowl appearance last season. What more is there change that hasn't already been seen by other teams before? The 49ers are a running football team that can pass if they need to, other teams know it, so do we. For my tastes, it is about getting healthy (which expands playbook) and improving execution.

Yeah, the 49ers have had some stinkers against the Seahawks recently, but this team has the talent to beat anybody in the league.

Well put. Niners really gotta redeem themselves on 12/8. If the Niners win in a close one, it'll be a moral victory for Seattle. Imo, it must be total annihilation!
Share 49ersWebzone