There are 157 users in the forums

49er Game Plan in the Season's Second Half

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We all know there may be more passing to the receivers with the return of some injured key players. We all know we need some impact from Carradine and Dial. We all know Williams is never seeing a kick again.

So far the 49ers have shown the ability to shoot it out against Green Bay, and dominate time of possession and yardage against others.

They've also improved strongly on special teams with the exception of returning.

How much change do you see in the game plan on all sides of the ball and what do you see changing?

I believe this staff has formed an identity and they will keep it that way but with subtle changes to the passing game, while burying some of what we do now for the playoffs to add to the unexpected in the playoffs.
I don't see major changes right away.

Roman seems, just my opinion, to not show much until the playoffs. It's like he's keeping things secret so opponents don't prepare for them.

I hope he has lots of surprises for NO and Seattle.

I hope Fangio uses Dial and Tank in a rotation more and more to rest Justin and Ray Mac. Also Wilhoit to keep Patrick fresh.

I think Aso, KW are goners.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no changes are needed. we just will have a couple more guys ck is ok throwing the ball to, it will take off the double teams from boldin. it would be just like roman to get some new toys, go into the nutty professor mode and f**k things up the defense is fine now and all the guys coming back will make them fresher and better. whatever we get from the new corner wright is gravy. if williams is standing back there as a returner vs the panthers,, there should be a senate investigation
the game plan is to win
Fire Greg Roman and re-hire Jimmy Raye
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

raye would have known you try to run with gore on second and goal from the five instead of using him as a decoy.
1pm start vs NO is nice!
Originally posted by cciowa:

raye would have known you try to run with gore on second and goal from the five instead of using him as a decoy.

But he would never have been in that situation.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:

hahahaha.... you got me there
Score more points than the opposition

I think we could see some 2 and 3 backs sets, if LMJ is activated we're have to get creative with how we get all our backs on the field, which is something Roman sas proven quite adept at.

Manningham will open things up a bit, I could see us going three wide a bit more, maybe split Vernon out wide and keep McDonald on the line. Definitely gonna be some interesting personnel packages ahead, the seacocks are gonna be in for a rude awakening Dec. 8th!
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Score more points than the opposition

So crazy, it just might work.
I think we see a lot more Vernon at WR, Frank at WR, Vernon at RB, Frank at TE, Boldin at TE, WR, RB, same for Baldwin, and vance. I think Coach is going to take every ball handler and move him around until the Ds can't figure out if frank is at RB or LT, and same for everybody else. Also hope to see Baldwin, vance, hunter a bigger part of receiving game, and I would love to see LMJ split wide of kap like sproles and used similarly( won't happen, as I have said that every half season, and been wrong every time.)
I don't know anything about the game plan the rest of the way but this team is getting healthier and scarier for other teams. They will continue to degenerate to a certain extent as the season wears on while the Niners continue to reinforce and recalibrate.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

hahahaha.... you got me there

lol. Good points all around.
Share 49ersWebzone