LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Back under the radar

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JayT
  • Veteran
Seattle's defense was exposed, if you stop Lynch the offense is average at best. Wilson is good but St. Louis, Carolina and Indy showed he can be stopped with disciplined defense. New Orleans is feasting on a weak division and has not played any of the top defenses as of yet. With a healthy Aldon Smith and with the depth that is being developed on defense I believe this spells a long day for Drew Brees. With the niners having the buy week at the perfect time and getting several key players back, they'll be extremely tough to handle for the second half of the season. Seattle will have to do some major adjusting. They are not a quick pass team, Wilson will either scramble and make a play (if not contained) or go deep. The left tackle will return for them soon but the right side is weak also. I believe they will lose several more games than predicted. With the 49ers run game and the TE position playing so well, what will teams do when they get the receiving corp straightened out? All that said, we won't be under the radar for long!
[ Edited by JayT on Oct 30, 2013 at 6:57 AM ]
It's the only time we seem to play at our best. Is it a coincidence, or do our staff and players get too involved with the media?
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Love it this way. I haven't seen a single 49er highlight on sportscenter in like 3 weeks

Yea and last Sunday whenever NFL network or ESPN talked about the Niners-Jags game, they only talked about how horrible Jax is.

We kick Jacksonvilles a**es by 32 points and it's because "Jacksonville is a pathetic team". But when Denver barely beat Jacksonville it's because Denver had an "off" game. F**k ESPN.
We've got three of the NFL's QB darlings in consecutive games. After we take-out Cam, Brees and the Corn Ball Brutha everybody will be on our jock again . . . unfortunately . . . but that's the price we pay.
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Love it this way. I haven't seen a single 49er highlight on sportscenter in like 3 weeks

Yea and last Sunday whenever NFL network or ESPN talked about the Niners-Jags game, they only talked about how horrible Jax is.

We kick Jacksonvilles a**es by 32 points and it's because "Jacksonville is a pathetic team". But when Denver barely beat Jacksonville it's because Denver had an "off" game. F**k ESPN.

Yeah, ESPN is biased as hell. They stay on Seattle and Denver's nuts, it's disgusting! !

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
We've got three of the NFL's QB darlings in consecutive games. After we take-out Cam, Brees and the Corn Ball Brutha everybody will be on our jock again . . . unfortunately . . . but that's the price we pay.

Cornball Brotha!!
Originally posted by kray28:
If we can get Aldon and Manningham back before the Saints game...I think we have a puncher's chance of winning in the Superdome.

We don't need either of them to beat the Saints. We'll beat the Saints with the same lineup we've been using. You know? The lineup that's won FIVE STRAIGHT GAMES?

Why on God's Green Planet want to tinker with a lineup that's won five straight games?

I don't get it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
If we can get Aldon and Manningham back before the Saints game...I think we have a puncher's chance of winning in the Superdome.

We don't need either of them to beat the Saints. We'll beat the Saints with the same lineup we've been using. You know? The lineup that's won FIVE STRAIGHT GAMES?

Why on God's Green Planet want to tinker with a lineup that's won five straight games?

I don't get it.

are you being funny? sure we have a very good chance of winning that game if it were today with our current lineup ,, but i have issue with your term "tinkering". makes it sound like we would be experimenting and messing around with our lineup if we insert aldon and mario back in. You make it sound like a negative if we get those guys back? if those guys were eligible to play for that game, of course you put them in. Maybe i am just having some comprehension issues today
I'm a boring guy!! Gimmie ONE GAME AT A TIME APPROACH. Get healthy this bye week, incorporate more downfield passing off playaction smashmouth, and bolster up the pass rush with "Tank" and hopefully Smith Aldon.
Hopefully Aldon has his head on right because we sorely need his pass rushing abilities. Manningham just means less Williams playing receiver, at least on the outside. Tank has piqued my curiousity, can't wait to see how his domination in college translates to the pro game. We keep winning against the panthers and saints and we'll get our share of the media. I seriously doubt there is a team out there that doesn't know about the Niners.

I don't get it.

Are you serious? Not to take away from the streak but some of you are getting carried away; NONE of the teams we beat are even in the same ballpark as the Saints. Saints in the Dome will probably be the toughest game left on our schedule and we're going to need all of our guys healthy and ready to go. Are you saying you're fine with a scrub like Kyle starting at wide out? That we won't need Aldon's presence for the pass rush against Brees? Are you joking? And I'd hardly call plugging into two proven quality players "tinkering" with the lineup. More like improving and weeding out the worthless weaklings.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

I don't get it.

Are you serious? Not to take away from the streak but some of you are getting carried away; NONE of the teams we beat are even in the same ballpark as the Saints. Saints in the Dome will probably be the toughest game left on our schedule and we're going to need all of our guys healthy and ready to go. Are you saying you're fine with a scrub like Kyle starting at wide out? That we won't need Aldon's presence for the pass rush against Brees? Are you joking? And I'd hardly call plugging into two proven quality players "tinkering" with the lineup. More like improving and weeding out the worthless weaklings.
that is what i am thinking,, maybe i did not understand his post or maybe he was joking? i do not equate plugging mario and aldon in the lineup to "tinkering"
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

I don't get it.

I'm more worried about this game than the Seattle game at home. Saints are a much better team with Payton calling plays...
[ Edited by mickey49 on Oct 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM ]
Under the radar, over the radar...Who cares? Just friggin' win!
we have put up 30+ points in 6/8 games. I don't know why we aren't being considered as one of the better offenses. Yea some of those defenses sucks but look at how the rams held the seahawks to 14 pts and how the cards embarrassed the falcons. we deserve more recognition. seahawks barely beat s**tty teams and they are considered clutch and amazing
The 2 teams that are under the radar in the NFC will be the 2 that play for the NFC Championship and that's GB and SF

That is a very reasonable prediction.
Share 49ersWebzone