LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Back under the radar

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like being under the radar, but peeps be back on our nuts when we destroy Seattle at Candlestick.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I like being under the radar, but peeps be back on our nuts when we destroy Seattle at Candlestick.

dont worry, everyone who bought a hawks jersey kept their receipt
A guy I work with (A front-running Seahawk fan) told me today: "I didn't think the Seahawks were going to have to worry about anyone in the division, but the 49ers are only a game back"

I just said, "for now"

GO NINERS!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm noticed the talking heads making excuses for Seattle last night too. I think it was Sharper on NFLN saying the close score was nothing to worry about.

"Division games on the road are ALWAYS like that" . . . like 35-11

I like being under the radar. Steve Young & the ESPN guys were rippings Seattle for playing that bad & said the blueprint has been laid on how to defend them. If no one realizes how dominated they were last night then they didn't watch the whole game & are just making excuses.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I kind of like the fact that so called experts are ignoring the 49ers. ESPN does their best to not mention the Niners. I feel like the team plays best under the radar, when no one expects us to do anything. Seems everyone is all about the Cheaphawks, Saints & Broncos. No love for the defending NFC champs. Do you like it that way, or does it piss you off?

People always claim to like when the Niners are "under the radar," but in the end, it makes no difference whatsoever.

It does not benefit the 49ers in any way when they are ignored by media outlets. Every coaching staff in the NFL knows they are a top team and will enter the game with their best gameplans in hand. ESPN won't influence that.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I'm noticed the talking heads making excuses for Seattle last night too. I think it was Sharper on NFLN saying the close score was nothing to worry about.

I like being under the radar. Steve Young & the ESPN guys were rippings Seattle for playing that bad & said the blueprint has been laid on how to defend them. If no one realizes how dominated they were last night then they didn't watch the whole game & are just making excuses.

Seen this also :)
Ever since we s**t the bed against Seattle and Indy back to back, it's like the media has shelved us lol. They try their hardest to ignore everything we've accomplished since those embarrassments and completely blacked us out. I'm sure if we can get a W against the Saints in the dome and the Seahawks @ the Stick they'll be back slobbing all over us as if they hadn't pushed us aside the entire season but honestly, I enjoy that we're not getting all the hype and we're kind of like the underdogs compared to the "chosen ones" (Seahawks, Broncos). We're playing pretty good football right now and got back to being us again, plus we're quietly getting healthier, stronger, and beastlier as reinforcements keep coming. We're in a position to be healthier than ever and play lights out during the postseason when it really matters. I couldn't care less about validation from fair weather bandwagon media clowns.

But of course when we blew out the Rams all we got was "well, it was just the lowly Rams"
I would be fine with it if they were gobbling anyone else's nuts besides Seattle. I watched NFL network after that seattle/rams game. Made me want to vomit.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We've been beating up on bad teams, once we beat a couple of good apponents (NO, SEA), they'll starting giving us our props.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM ]

We still annihilated the Rams and Texans who've got hella talented defenses. Titans and Jags are lesser opponents but they were still dominant road wins (London was the longest-ass road trip of all). So you can't really say we haven't beat anyone the last 5.
It all comes down to can we take it to another level when we have to match scores. The rah-rah Seattle game is wearing thin as defenses have caught up to them and their short QB. New Orleans will be the test in a hostile environment. The 49er offense has been playing one-legged with no second or third receiver. Kaep was developing chemistry with Manningham before the injury. Watch Tank, he's special.
I have said this before and I still maintain as others have said that we are not under the radar for NFL teams and players. We are the blueprint to success and this is why our rosters have been poached and why NE GB SEA (since midseason 2011) IND etc have become obsessed with running the ball more and trying to become more physical to stand up to us. The league spent the offseason trying to defend Kaepernick and when teams play us we are a measuring stick game or a Super Bowl for most. Front offices are being modeled after ours so despite the lip service from media talking heads we know that we are far from forgotten and as for SEA, they got their shine on once they beat us! This is because we were the league barometer and they knew it as well so they brought their A game and when they stomped us they got the pub they so desperately desired. I say keep watching and by year's end we will be getting what we really deserve and I hope that is another Lombardi
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
It all comes down to can we take it to another level when we have to match scores. The rah-rah Seattle game is wearing thin as defenses have caught up to them and their short QB. New Orleans will be the test in a hostile environment. The 49er offense has been playing one-legged with no second or third receiver. Kaep was developing chemistry with Manningham before the injury. Watch Tank, he's special.

NO is a venue that we conquered last season when they were on a 5 game win streak and I am sure they are wanting to avenge that and they know we are their measuring stick. I am confident because I don't believe despite them trying to mimic our circuit strength training regimen by way of Payton peeping in our our practices Super Bowl week that they can stand up to us and our ground game. Having a solid number 2 in Mario will help balance out some of the coverages vs Boldin and VD to help Kap in the passing game and they will be hard pressed to stop us over 4 quarters. I know that we know how to play them defensively but I doubt they can stop our juggernaut even in NO
NO game will also be an "exorcism" game...returning to the "scene of the crime" from last February where I hope the Niners can banish for good all the bad memories from last time at that dome and reestablish notice to the rest of the league by spanking the saints good and putting in a solid performance from all 3 phases as well as all the reinforcements finally contributing/debuting
Share 49ersWebzone