There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Back under the radar

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The 2 teams that are under the radar in the NFC will be the 2 that play for the NFC Championship and that's GB and SF

Agreed.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I think we're ranked correctly on the espn poll. We got beat horribly by two mediocre teams. The games should've been much closer than it was.
the seattle loss was legit as everyone s**t the bed that day,,, vs the colts we never should have lost it and thats on the coaches
both games were close until the last qtr
Originally posted by Antix:
The 2 teams that are under the radar in the NFC will be the 2 that play for the NFC Championship and that's GB and SF

Agreed.

So what you're saying is back to the superbowl for us!
I like us right where we are and where we are heading.
I think some of you are under the impression we're under the radar because the team isn't being talked about as much as when we got blown out those 2 games and no one's got a DUI or been arrested in the last month. That was all negative crap that the media was feasting on. Plenty are talking about the Niners as the hottest team in the league right now and only going to get better because of players returning, which we are.
its the punch that ya dont see that knocks ya out
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Antix:

Agreed.

So what you're saying is back to the superbowl for us!

The 2 losses are kind of hard for me to explain. Seahawks shut us down, but the game plan was just an absolute brain fart, it's really difficult to evaluate that loss when it seems like the strategy was for Kap to air it out with no receiver core. Then against Indy, we absolutely gash them in the first half on the run and then abandon it at half time with another brain fart moment from GRo. Not saying we didn't deserve to lose, but both games were incredibly close until the last quarter where we tried even harder air it out in catch up.

Obviously words were had after Indy and a change in philosophy, now I don't know who instigated that, but as soon as we remembered we were a running powerhouse we've been blowing teams out.

As such, it's hard to take any real meaning from the losses. Michael Irvin can say whatever he wants, but in both games we were still in it till the last quarter despite taking a shotgun to both feet in terms of game planning and play calling. The real test will be against NO and Carolina to see if we've applied what we have learned.
Geting spanked in consecutive games will put you under the radar.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
But that was five games ago. We have spanked 5 teams in a row since then. We will get our shine on come playoffs
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
But that was five games ago. We have spanked 5 teams in a row since then. We will get our shine on come playoffs

We spanked lowly competition, if we run off two more wins against Carolina and NO then we will have all eyes on us
i was watching doug gottlieb on tv listing his top 5 teams in the nfl and he didnt have the niners in the list--what an idiot
Originally posted by hofer36:
i was watching doug gottlieb on tv listing his top 5 teams in the nfl and he didnt have the niners in the list--what an idiot

NO
SEA
DEN
GB
KC?

Were those his 5?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
NO
SEA
DEN
GB
KC?

Were those his 5?

- GB + IND probably, but I dunno.
Originally posted by hofer36:

That's what I'm talking about. 2011 we got no respect until the playoff win over NO. Last year we got respect all year. But this year seems more like 2011. Slow start plus Sea, KC, Denver & NO playing so well.
I'm noticed the talking heads making excuses for Seattle last night too. I think it was Sharper on NFLN saying the close score was nothing to worry about.

"Division games on the road are ALWAYS like that" . . . like 35-11